G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Southern California (https://g35driver.com/forums/southern-california-44/)
-   -   Auto refinance through a credit union? (https://g35driver.com/forums/southern-california/293911-auto-refinance-through-credit-union.html)

1SlowSedan 06-20-2009 05:48 AM

Auto refinance through a credit union?

Alright to my so-cal drivers, I have a question about re-financing my auto loan through a credit union.
I'm basically getting raped by U.S. Bank and I am dying to re-finance for a lower interest and payment.
Has anyone re-financed through a credit union? I've been doing some research about this, and I need advice from you guys who re-financed!

Thanks in advance! :biggthumpup:

G37Rider92649 06-20-2009 03:10 PM

Fvck it homie, just hustle and pay it off, life aint fair 2 u so dont be fair back ;) :coolio: :D

Soju 06-20-2009 03:14 PM

I refinanced mine a few years back. All I remember paying was a $50 fee. It was worth it. :) Just shop around with various credit unions. There's a member on here by the SN nghairs, or something like that. His name is Allen. He works for a credit union. ;)

Soju 06-20-2009 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by G37Rider92649 (Post 4331536)
Fvck it homie, just hustle and pay it off, life aint fair 2 u so dont be fair back ;) :coolio: :D

I don't slang anymore. ;):p LOL!! j/k

1SlowSedan 06-20-2009 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by G37Rider92649 (Post 4331536)

why not get a better interest rate, hustle and pay it off? Then I'll have more money for myself? hahah jk.

1SlowSedan 06-20-2009 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Soju (Post 4331543)
I refinanced mine a few years back. All I remember paying was a $50 fee. It was worth it. :) Just shop around with various credit unions. There's a member on here by the SN nghairs, or something like that. His name is Allen. He works for a credit union. ;)

Which credit union did you re-finance through? Any good credit unions you suggest? Ayudar por favor!

Soju 06-21-2009 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by 1SlowG35Sedan (Post 4332022)
Which credit union did you re-finance through? Any good credit unions you suggest? Ayudar por favor!

I went through American First CU. My friend referred me to them. I suggest to just shop around.

Hotdawwgman 06-21-2009 03:24 PM

what about if you have horrible credit....

JBV86 06-21-2009 03:31 PM

If you have horrible credit theeeeeeeeen you're pretty much effed.

1SlowSedan 06-24-2009 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Soju (Post 4333247)
I went through American First CU. My friend referred me to them. I suggest to just shop around.

Is there a requirement to get a loan from this credit union or can anyone get one?

pythonjosh 06-24-2009 02:01 PM

They just run your credit report, and tell you what they can do for you.
Any credit union will do this. I do all of my banking with credit unions. Banks are crap. Especially BofA.
My first car loan ever, was for $14,8 thru BofA. Those jewish bastards gave me 16.5% APR!
A year later I got it refinanced thru a credit union, 8.25%.
Everybody's loans should be with a credit union. And a Federal NCIC insured credit union at that. Western Federal Credit Union is a good one I use here in So Cal www.western.org

G SEDAN 06-24-2009 02:09 PM

You can always call them up and say, we'll I'm jumping ship unless y'all do something about your gangsta *** 100% APR. Do this after you get a quotation from the FCU. If they beat the FCU, there you go, if not, PEACE!

they will start treating you like the queen that you are after.

pythonjosh 06-24-2009 02:19 PM

They sure do hate competition

Dranom 06-24-2009 02:41 PM

try wescom tae!

KungFuPanda 06-24-2009 06:07 PM

Credit unions are a great alternative to conventional banks. They're often member owned (meaning that you as the customer have a stake in the bank via savings account or "shares accounts" as they call them) --because of this ,you reap the benefits of (typcially) lower interest rates for loans, and higher rates for savings/cd's etc...

It really depends on your credit history --that ultimately dictates what kind of APR you'll get stuck with.

Just remember, DO NOT ..repeat, DO NOT EVER use those online loan sites or use those 1 stop loan people.
What happens is this:
1 you request for the loan,
2. they submit your application to a whole bunch of financial institution
3. EACH TIME your application is submitted and ran, it damages your credit rating! @.@ (in other words.. EVERY bank/loan company they send it to)
It's considered a "hard check" and too many of these will definitely lower your rating.
It is best to shop around first (look at websites, fliers, etc..) to get an idea of what the base APR's are and then work from there...submit one or two applications and see what you get.

I personally use San Mateo Credit Union
(SMCU.org) and have my savings, checking and have used and received lower interest rate loans for both personal and auto loans.