Houston G Club ( Shirt Ideas and events )

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 09:23 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by soundmike
Illustrations are my achilles heels, but i'm giving it a shot. A couple of things to note:

- Although having the cars on the design seems nifty, there are too many variations (both generations, to date, have had different bumpers, not to mention the coupe convertible and the soon-to-be-redesigned fascias of the 2010... then there's the 3rd generations). I included it here, but also designed it in such a way that the piece will stand even without the cars. I'm going for a long shelf-life with this approach.

- Also included is a logotype mark, "SG", for when the need calls for it. I have it here as a background watermark effect.

- The "G" is purposely colored red, mainly to keep it from reading "GS" (Lexus), but also to bring out the "G".

- I had trouble finding a good angle for the 1st gen sedan, so it looks off here.

- This is a one-sided, two-color design, to keep costs down.

- Consider this a rough draft a.k.a proof of concept.

- Lastly, included is "Greater Houston Area" -- this is optional, but it is a great way to future-proof the overall layout.

That said, comments and criticisms are gladly appreciated.

- Mike
Great job Mike!! That's a great start!

My suggestion - Rather than "Greater Houston Area" why not just "Houston"?

I'm thinking of the Hard Rock Cafe T-shirts where it shows their logo then the city name. Just a thought. Alex had an idea for the back of the shirt to be the State of Texas and pin or star denoting Houston.

Otherwise, the initial draft looks great! Let's keep it coming!

Old 08-05-2009, 10:08 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll see if I can come up with a shirt design... if I get the time, just been kinda busy...

Old 08-05-2009, 10:33 AM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by JDMAutosports
Great job Mike!! That's a great start!

My suggestion - Rather than "Greater Houston Area" why not just "Houston"?

I'm thinking of the Hard Rock Cafe T-shirts where it shows their logo then the city name. Just a thought. Alex had an idea for the back of the shirt to be the State of Texas and pin or star denoting Houston.

Otherwise, the initial draft looks great! Let's keep it coming!
Thanks I referred to GHA as being all-inclusive, that is, not just the Houston metropolitan area but all surrounding areas that aren't technically part of Houston, such as parts of Harris, Fort Bend, Montgomery, Brazoria and Galveston counties.

Old 08-05-2009, 03:54 PM
hums...looking good so far i'd say =D only thing i'd ask is if mike u got time how about trying 4 diff colors? like the four main colors of g's say ur red white black and either DG or blue. i just wonder what that'd look like cuz 3 blacks and 1 white looks a lil off.

LoL this might be a silly idea but what about on the back we do like the G commandments? LoL. Like thou shall not curb check my 4,000$ rims and etc. And i know we don't have any lady G's yet but we still gotta keep in mind that they may join in the future!!

Old 08-05-2009, 04:03 PM
http://www.oldsclub.org/images/Chapt...MNOldsClub.gif

here mike i found something of what i thought we could do on the back. U see how they got the state of minnesota? well y not texas and put the inifiti symbol where Houston would be?

also does any 1 else like this cool cursive font?
http://www.scionracingstore.com/imag...LUB_detail.jpg

Old 08-05-2009, 04:22 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by thenameistuan
http://www.oldsclub.org/images/Chapt...MNOldsClub.gif

here mike i found something of what i thought we could do on the back. U see how they got the state of minnesota? well y not texas and put the inifiti symbol where Houston would be?

also does any 1 else like this cool cursive font?
http://www.scionracingstore.com/imag...LUB_detail.jpg
YEAH! That was the cursive i was thinking about!

Old 08-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Been real busy guys, not much time, but I thought I'd give it a quickshot. I'd like to keep it simple and clean as possible. I will refine it more when I have some time. But here's an idea I sorta came up with. I have a few ideas on what I want it to look like, but not enough time to get a few concepts going.

Last edited by nyckid; 08-05-2009 at 08:47 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Hey Fellas,

The wife found these links maybe it will help with the design ideas:

http://www.zazzle.com/g_club_aa_fitt...15090695087132 She was thinking on the back of the shirt we could have Strictly G's written across the shoulders or something...Something plain and simple.

http://www.zazzle.com/g35+gifts

Anyways, here's our contribution LOL!

Old 08-05-2009, 04:56 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
for t-shirts i like the cursive on the front and i like the back of Jeremy's

as for meet spots in SW theres always town center in sugar land, theres plenty of places to eat there and for those who were at the houston meet 3 theres a nice garage as well so we dont have to stand in the houston sun

Old 08-05-2009, 05:28 PM
Nice ideas , lets keep them flowing!

I was reading this thread, and thinking of ideas. Look at my avatar. What about a graphic something similar to that for the back of the shirts? Rear end shot of the G (or possibly multiple Gs) with the Houston skyline in the background? Large "Strictly Gs" logo above or below it. Small chest logo on the front with a Texas outline with a star in Houston's location and a very small cursive script "Strictly Gs"?

Old 08-05-2009, 06:29 PM
****TTTT good idea jeremy that would look sick with the H-town skylines with a couple of G's on the back but i really do like that cursive writing to be the Strictly G's iono y but it just looks cool and sophisticated =D. LiLboi900 on the next meet i'll get more ideas and more hot spots. Next week ima tour around H-town to find big parking lots that can atleast maintain 30+ and then ask the managers/owners if they'll give us a deal. but keep me updated with the hot spots. I'm yelping around areas of different parts so ppl don't have to drive as far every meet. Let's try to keep it fair and just curious how many of ya actually know a Lady G owner??

Old 08-05-2009, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by nyckid
Been real busy guys, not much time, but I thought I'd give it a quickshot. I'd like to keep it simple and clean as possible. I will refine it more when I have some time. But here's an idea I sorta came up with. I have a few ideas on what I want it to look like, but not enough time to get a few concepts going.

Beautiful. I like that. I'm with him, clean and simple is always the best. Script/Cursive fonts are okay, but it really doesn't fit the image of the G... at least in my mind. That said, i'll go with the majority.

As for colors, we can go crazy with it... but keep in mind that it adds to our bottom-line. My vote is still with 1 or 2 at the most, and to keep it on just one side of the shirt, again for cost containment.

Old 08-05-2009, 06:52 PM
cost containment??? pshhhhh come on mike this is a shirt we have to be proud of. im paying for the majority part of the shirts and i think at max the shirt will cost about 10-15$ a shirt. my motto is go big or go home so if we do it we might as well do it right the 1st time =). hey mike you think u can do a rough draft with jeremy's idea with the houston skyline?

Old 08-05-2009, 07:06 PM
I am obviously oblivious to what's going on. I didn't realize you were shouldering most of the cost

I'll try that other concept in the a.m. unless Ken or someone else beats me to it, gotta finish up on a couple other projects that actually pay for the bills. LOL.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:48 PM
aight mike thanks a bunch =)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Houston G Club ( Shirt Ideas and events )