G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   TSB- Technical Bulletins (https://g35driver.com/forums/tsb-technical-bulletins-12/)
-   -   Can't fill tank all the way?? (https://g35driver.com/forums/tsb-technical-bulletins/101262-cant-fill-tank-all-way.html)

Lunnzz 05-29-2006 12:36 PM

Can't fill tank all the way??

This has now happened a few times go to fill the tank and the handle clicks off like it is full get in the car and the guage shows it is 1/4 away from being full it has happened to me and my wife has anybody experienced this seems weird to me..Car is a 2005 6mt sedan

Msedanman 05-30-2006 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Lunnzz
This has now happened a few times go to fill the tank and the handle clicks off like it is full get in the car and the guage shows it is 1/4 away from being full it has happened to me and my wife has anybody experienced this seems weird to me..Car is a 2005 6mt sedan

Yes this is a common issue with our G's.
Talk to the dealer and I'm sure he'll know about the splash-back valve at the bottom of the filler neck that becomes faulty and sticks closed.
G/L
C.

r15k 05-30-2006 12:19 AM

I had this same probem when i got the G. You know when you stick the pump in the car. IT's usually in all the way right? Try sticking the pump half way in to 3/4 the way in and it should fill the tank up the way its supposed to be filled. I did it and it worked for me.

gary c 05-30-2006 12:42 AM

Filler up.................

Take it back to the dealership, this is not a new
problem. Might even be a recall on filler pipe!

Lunnzz 05-30-2006 07:02 PM

Thanks for the advice I'll call the dealership they can once again fix more rattles that I am hearing also. Took it in before for rattles coming from the back windows they told me it was the window regulators and in the process of fixing that they mared up the rear window control covers which I will be pointing out and letting them know I want them replaced. This car makes more noises than my grandpa's old Ford...

importroller 07-06-2006 07:55 PM

had/have the same problem. I just try to angle the pump so that it doesnt click off. its a pain when you are in a rush. takes 5 mins to fill up a 1/4 tank

Lunnzz 07-12-2006 09:00 PM

Well since my first post car was taken in not once but twice and it has only been maybe three weeks and same problem so guess I'll take it in agin they have one more chance. I am done dealing with this piece of crap car. I have owned more than a few new cars and have had zero problems. For what this car cost I expect zero issues, the rattles are even unexceptable.

jimNC 07-13-2006 07:11 PM

Sorry you are having these problems. I had this too and it did require two trips to the dealer to get it fixed properly. Have not had a problem in 6 months since then.

They should be able to take care of the rattles too. All dealers are not equal, but most are good. If you are driving distance to another dealer, maybe give them a shot.

Lunnzz 07-15-2006 12:57 AM

Dealership service is great but there repairs are not up to par..No worries once it is fixed I am getting rid of it...Sorry to say very unhappy..

jimpier 08-17-2006 07:49 PM

RE: to can't fill tank

I have had the same problem and I was told by the dealership that it is a normal thing and I should live with it. Had lots of problems with this dealer. They said it happens depending on the rate of fill of the gas pump (fast fill = problems). It seems to be true, but is a pain in the neck. Glad to hear about the splashback valve -- I'll bring it up to them next time.

jimpier 08-17-2006 07:55 PM

About those rattles

Let's talk about those rattles. I have had 6 separate rattles in my car and there seems to be a new one every 2,000 miles. Right now I have 4 active rattles and a brake squeal. Between the buzzing noizes, cricket squeaks and squeals, it sounds like a symphony of insects in the country woods. I'm disgusted. It sounds like the car is falling apart as I drive it, kinda like the Beverly Hillbillies mobile. I've brought all of these to the dealer's attention and they either don't want to admit these rattles exist, think I'm imagining it. The few that they have been able to fix have all returned after 2 weeks. Next time I'm going with the Lexus.

Lunnzz 08-18-2006 12:50 PM

Well my issue of not being able to fill the tank up all the way came back for the fourth and I called Infiniti customer service and told them I wanted to set up a arbatration hearing and that if the car goes to the dealership I will not be leaving in it. They mentioned the fast fill thing I told them I wasn't buying that excuse. I have owned a bunch of different vehicles and never had this kind of problem. And the rattles it's not worth it to take it in for that. My concern is if I have to keep the car and try to sell it or even trade it in will all these dealer visits show up on a CarFax report? Because the Sedan seems to have ****ty resale as it stands..

Asao 08-22-2006 04:22 PM

I took my car in for this problem after 3 failed attempts (different gas stations) at filling my tank all the way.

The service advisor told me they could not duplicate the problem. He said that it could be a problem with the fill rate of the stations I fill at. The pressure of the pumps I used are too high causing the valve to shut early. So I asked if I was supposed to not hold the trigger all the way when I fill. He said no and that the stations need to adjust the pressure on the pumps...

Anyone heard of this before?

My dealership won't do any TSB work unless they can duplicate the problem.

sen_jen 08-22-2006 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Asao
I took my car in for this problem after 3 failed attempts (different gas stations) at filling my tank all the way.

The service advisor told me they could not duplicate the problem. He said that it could be a problem with the fill rate of the stations I fill at. The pressure of the pumps I used are too high causing the valve to shut early. So I asked if I was supposed to not hold the trigger all the way when I fill. He said no and that the stations need to adjust the pressure on the pumps...

Anyone heard of this before?

My dealership won't do any TSB work unless they can duplicate the problem.

same here. just don't insert the nozzle completely, and squeeze the trigger only so much.

Lunnzz 08-22-2006 07:54 PM

That is horse **** So every gas station I go to I need to ask them to turn down the pressure just for me???? Give me a break they are just making excuses for a poor quality vehicle. I talked to Infiniti customer service today and he had the info from the dealership and was going to review it and I reminded him if I take the car to the dealership I will not leave in it. I also told him I don't expect to get all the money I've paid toward the car I told him I do expect to get the money I put down on the car..