G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   TSB- Technical Bulletins (https://g35driver.com/forums/tsb-technical-bulletins-12/)
-   -   06-07 G35 Coupe headlight recall (https://g35driver.com/forums/tsb-technical-bulletins/124805-06-07-g35-coupe-headlight-recall.html)

byte_me77 11-08-2006 10:43 AM

06-07 G35 Coupe headlight recall

i didn't see a "recall" section so i decided to post this here. seems the headlights need to be replace on our cars, and probably with brighter ones! :D

Report Date : November 8, 2006 at 10:39 AM
SEARCH TYPE : VEHICLE
YEAR : 2006
Make : INFINITI
Model : G35 COUPE

Results : 1 | All records displayed
Make : INFINITI Model : G35 COUPE Year : 2006
Manufacturer : NISSAN NORTH AMERICA, INC.
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 06V394000 Recall Date : OCT 09, 2006
Component: EXTERIOR LIGHTING:HEADLIGHTS
Potential Number Of Units Affected : 23934

Make / Models : Model/Build Years:
INFINITI / G35 COUPE 2006-2007
Recall Number: 06V394000
Summary:
CERTAIN VEHICLES FAIL TO COMPLY WITH THE ‘VERTICAL GRADIENT’ AND ‘HEADLAMP PHOTOMETRIC VALUES’ REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 108, 'LAMPS, REFLECTIVE DEVICES, AND ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT.'
Consequence:
THIS STANDARD IS TO REDUCE CRASHES, INJURIES AND DEATHS BY PROVIDING ADEQUATE ILLUMINATION OF THE ROADWAY, AND BY ENHANCING THE CONSPICUITY OF MOTOR VEHICLES ON THE PUBLIC ROADS SO THAT THEIR PRESENCE IS PERCEIVED AND THEIR SIGNALS UNDERSTOOD, BOTH IN DAYLIGHT AND IN DARKNESS OR OTHER CONDITIONS OF REDUCED VISIBILITY.
Remedy:
DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE HEADLAMP ASSEMBLIES. THE MANUFACTURER HAS NOT YET PROVIDED AN OWNER NOTIFICATION SCHEDULE FOR THIS CAMPAIGN. OWNERS MAY CONTACT INFINITI AT 1-800-662-6200.
Notes:
CUSTOMERS CAN ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION’S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.

Calvin 11-08-2006 12:24 PM

btw, https://g35driver.com/forums/tsb-technical-bulletins-12/ ;)

but i probably wouldnt have seen it there so yeh thanks :D

Msedanman 11-08-2006 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by byte_me77
i didn't see a "recall" section so i decided to post this here. seems the headlights need to be replace on our cars, and probably with brighter ones! :D

Thanks, BM, there is recall info in our TSB forum. I'll transfer a copy to it so this doesn't get lost.

Colin.

Glex25 11-08-2006 01:39 PM

I wonder what this means for people that have retro fit this headlights in to vehicles that are 05 and under.

badtziscool 11-08-2006 01:39 PM

So the projector headlamps don't provide adequate illumination of the roads despite the fact that they're far superior to the reflector headlamps of 03-05?

byte_me77 11-08-2006 03:03 PM

not sure. some ppl are saying that the lights are TOO bright. i wish i knew WHY there was the recall... anyone got some connections?

Mike_Deezy 11-08-2006 03:06 PM

I think that the projectors on BMWs, Audis, etc......are way brighter than the '06 projectors.

So what does these mean for me? I have the projectors on my '04.

SilverII 11-08-2006 04:16 PM

‘VERTICAL GRADIENT’ AND ‘HEADLAMP PHOTOMETRIC VALUES’

Translation please?

Hexxum001 11-08-2006 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mike_Deezy
I think that the projectors on BMWs, Audis, etc......are way brighter than the '06 projectors.

So what does these mean for me? I have the projectors on my '04.

I agree. I always wondered why the projectors on my friends BMW looked so much brighter and better than the projectors on our G's. Makes sense now.

I would think that non 06/07 G's that retrofit the projectors onto their cars are out of luck. I doubt Nissan/Infiniti is going to agree to change those also. Their arguement would be that the stock HID's work just fine and shouldn't have been changed. Or probably something like that.

nchaurdia 11-08-2006 05:27 PM

i guess i'll give infiniti a call and see if this needs to be done..either way i have to make an appt for my 3000 mile thingy

avs007 11-08-2006 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Hexxum001
I would think that non 06/07 G's that retrofit the projectors onto their cars are out of luck. I doubt Nissan/Infiniti is going to agree to change those also. Their arguement would be that the stock HID's work just fine and shouldn't have been changed. Or probably something like that.

Read pg 18 of your warranty booklet. It says Nissan/Infiniti warrant all genuine Nissan/Infiniti and Nismo S-Tune parts and accessories. The 06' Headlight is a genuine Nissan Part/Accessory. It also says that Nissan/Infiniti warrants all genuine parts/accessories just as if it was installed at time of manufacture, as long as it was installed during your warranty period.

If the dealer tells you otherwise, I would show them pg 18 of the warranty book, and ask for an explanation. Especially if this really is a safety issue.

mephistomyhero 11-09-2006 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by SilverII
‘VERTICAL GRADIENT’ AND ‘HEADLAMP PHOTOMETRIC VALUES’

Translation please?

What I think that translate into is: The cut-off of the headlights are not as it suppose to be and are shining into peoples' eyes. So, maybe we'll get a replacement for the headlights that will have better cut-offs. What I would like to know is if CHAD at Riverside Infiniti (where most of us got our headlights) would exchange them out. It would be a pain to exchange it since he lives about 2 hours away :(

mephistomyhero 11-09-2006 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by avs007
Read pg 18 of your warranty booklet. It says Nissan/Infiniti warrant all genuine Nissan/Infiniti and Nismo S-Tune parts and accessories. The 06' Headlight is a genuine Nissan Part/Accessory. It also says that Nissan/Infiniti warrants all genuine parts/accessories just as if it was installed at time of manufacture, as long as it was installed during your warranty period.

If the dealer tells you otherwise, I would show them pg 18 of the warranty book, and ask for an explanation. Especially if this really is a safety issue.

I agree here. It's not necessary the car being recalled, it is the part. If we bought the part New, I think they will have to warranty the headlights. I'm sure if the dealer says they won't warranty the part, just tell them you'll call the 1800 number of the NHTSA that is listed above and say that "Infiniti of [insert name here] has refused to comply with the official recall...". I'm sure that'll get them to replace it.

Funner567 11-09-2006 03:13 PM

should we call our infiniti dealerships?

zoomzoomers 11-09-2006 03:17 PM

Wtf???