G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   TSB- Technical Bulletins (https://g35driver.com/forums/tsb-technical-bulletins-12/)
-   -   Pulled a P0174 code, help needed please. (https://g35driver.com/forums/tsb-technical-bulletins/146346-pulled-p0174-code-help-needed-please.html)

ancientwiseone 03-21-2007 03:21 PM

Pulled a P0174 code, help needed please.

Hi I have a 2003 G35 coupe and its around 54k right now. I recently was driving and all of a sudden my car threw me a code. The only problem I am getting with the car is when that I get to a stop, my car seems to idle kind of rough to a stage where I feel that my car is shaking back left and right. I went to autozone and they told me I have a p0174 which is a fuel system lean on bank 2. I tried cleaning the MAF sensor to see if that would do it. Then I manually turned off the SES light. Light didn't come back on until I drove it for about 20 miles. Can anyone tell me what I would have to do because I heard that there were many possibilities to it, could be O2 sensors, fuel trim, fuel pressure, exhaust leaks. I don't want to have to spend over 500 dollars just to play guessing around. Thats why I am asking for help to see if anyone ever got into this problem too. Help would greatly be appreciated.

ancientwiseone 03-21-2007 08:31 PM

bump anyone?

jjyellow 03-21-2007 08:34 PM

An O2 sensor problem.

L454 03-23-2007 12:47 AM

Check for any intake air leaks after the MAF and exhaust leaks before the cat. MAF systems cannot tolerate these leaks. I wouldn't worry about the oxygen sensor yet.

ancientwiseone 03-27-2007 12:55 AM

um i checked and ok for intake leaks and exhaust leaks. could it be my MAF thats starting to malfunction because I had a maxima before and i had the same type of problems. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks to the guys who posted above for the help.

Nismo G 03-27-2007 01:36 AM

Did you ever have your fuel hose replaced after the recall? I took mine in for a transmission flush, and I was reading the receipt and I guess they automatically changed it out for me. I guess they were cracking and leaking fuel or something in that nature. If you haven’t had infiniti change it you might want to take it in to have it replaced.

It is a free replacement since it was a recall not a TSB.

-sean

RichardxG35 03-27-2007 01:38 AM

code (P0174) system too Lean (B2)

p= trouble code system
0= type of code
1= affected subsystem
74= specific code (exact problem)
the reason why your light came on is because it passes 1.5times the emission levels for the car as it was originally certified by the EPA.

my guess would be the 02 senor just bring it to the dealer and have them run a diagnos .. they can track down the (freeze frame Data) is a snap shot of the critical engine operating condition that is stored at the same time a (DTC) is set. From there they can found the problem an fix it.

the reason why your light came on at about 20 miles, is because your car have come to a (Drive cycle) which mean the engine start, operate until it enters closed loops, (closed loop) is when Air to fuel ratio keep it at a stoichiometric balance based on the signal to the (ECM) from 02 sensor/ or other senor and then shut down... is really confusing when it comes to codes just bring it to a dealer...

killerlexus 04-24-2007 01:09 AM

any updates

humnukupua 06-05-2007 08:42 PM

ever figure out what caused the problem? how was the problem fixed?

K.C 03-15-2018 07:20 AM

Did the op ever figure out the problem? Having the same issue.

cleric670 03-15-2018 12:11 PM

It's not going to be the same problem for every car with that error, MANY things can cause a lean error code. Start by looking for fuel leaks, listen for noisy fuel damper, pull out all the spark plugs and inspect them, clean your MAF thoroughly.

Or take it to Nissan for a diagnostic.