G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   TSB- Technical Bulletins (https://g35driver.com/forums/tsb-technical-bulletins-12/)
-   -   Infiniti Rev-Up Oil Consumption TSB (https://g35driver.com/forums/tsb-technical-bulletins/197305-infiniti-rev-up-oil-consumption-tsb.html)

Glex25 01-11-2008 11:45 PM

Infiniti Rev-Up Oil Consumption TSB

5 Attachment(s)
Well It looks like Infiniti has finally decided to release their own TSB on the oil consumption issue.

Here it is.

Glex25 01-11-2008 11:45 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Cont'd

MIA BlazinVQ 01-11-2008 11:53 PM

finally good news for the plagued VQ's. Luckily mine has not shown signs, but I'll continue to monitor the oil just in case.

G-Ticket 01-12-2008 12:15 AM

Its about damn time! I guess I'll start the dreaded consumption testing, at least the weathers nice for my 100 mile drive to the dealership. Thanks for posting this.
Lisa

Glex25 01-12-2008 12:24 AM

It's messed up that they are now saying that records from Infiniti dealership about oil change.

They won't accept any oil change receipts from anyone but Infiniti dealerships

TIAN 01-12-2008 12:50 AM

Finally! Its about time they own up to the issue. Thanks for the good news.

xjonmo 01-12-2008 12:53 AM

it's about time, but what if you don't change your oil at infiniti?

markiev37 01-12-2008 02:35 AM

I just read the TSB and do not see that written anywhere...Can you specify where this is written please..:confused2:

Originally Posted by Glex25
It's messed up that they are now saying that records from Infiniti dealership about oil change.

V35 Skyline GT 01-12-2008 11:40 AM

^ pg 6, #14.

It says the same thing on the 350Z TSB, except it says Nissan.

shdowflare 01-12-2008 12:28 PM

Hmmm...I see that. I still don't see how they could hold out if we got oil changes done elsewhere. Does it say specifically in the owner's manual that all oil changes must take place at Infiniti dealerships? If not, I doubt they have a case to use that to deny these warranty repairs.

GeezNuts 01-12-2008 12:37 PM

If i were to take my car to the dealer - would they check for that on their own, or would i have to explicitly ask for them to do this?

I just bought my 06 Coupe last week - haven't had to change the oil or anything yet --- normally i would change it myself, but if i need to have them change it initially in order to have them confirm that my engine is either fine/bad then i guess that's what I'll do.

Ruhnie 01-12-2008 01:00 PM

The way it's worded though, makes me think that they're just saying the OC test itself has to be done between oil changes done at an Infiniti shop. I can't imagine that they'd want to see all of your service records since you've owned the car, that's just insane.

Dumb question - does the car still have to be under warranty to use a TSB?

shdowflare 01-12-2008 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Ruhnie
The way it's worded though, makes me think that they're just saying the OC test itself has to be done between oil changes done at an Infiniti shop. I can't imagine that they'd want to see all of your service records since you've owned the car, that's just insane.

I think I agree with your interpretation. Also, for the dealer to use the TSB (and repair accordingly) without cost to you I believe the car must be under warranty. Only recalls are covered without a valid warranty.

markiev37 01-12-2008 04:28 PM

this is my interpretation also.....

Originally Posted by Ruhnie

EarlyG35 01-12-2008 05:23 PM

Thanks Glex25!! You are my hero!!

Where did you get the bulletin from?