G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   TSB- Technical Bulletins (https://g35driver.com/forums/tsb-technical-bulletins-12/)
-   -   heater problems (https://g35driver.com/forums/tsb-technical-bulletins/269577-heater-problems.html)

predacon47 02-04-2009 11:08 PM

heater problems

I have some problems with my heater. When I start my car in the morning I turn the heater on to warm up the inside before I start driving to work. After 10mins of idle still no heat. With the temp set to 90 it blows really cold air. As soon as I start driving it gets hot, but as soon as I stop it blows really cold again. I'm thinking my heater blower is going out but I'm not sure. Can anyone help me? :confused2:

G35AA 02-05-2009 08:55 AM

You have a huge air bubble in your system. Seach google ' heat issue g35 ' or ' no heat at idle g35 ' and you will find some info.

I am in the same situation as you. No heat @ idle but when driving I get plenty of heat. There seems to be some sort of tool that Infiniti / Nissan uses to suck out the air - just have not had a chance to look into it yet. Also I have read that if you jack up the front of your car, take the rad cap off and let the engine warm up and the rad fluid bubble out - this could fix the issue.

I will attempt this on the weekend as its damn cold here in Canada - luckily the car warms up quick when driving.

MyLilBlkG 03-20-2009 04:42 AM

Bringing this thread back :)

have you resolved this issues? I'm having the same problem with my heater

joealbergo 12-12-2009 10:58 PM

!!IMPORTANT EDIT " My car is not overheating at all ---- " My car is driving and functioning great - no temperature rise/drop.

Heat was coming out of the vents cold only when I was idle - As long as I am driving the car around the heat comes out great- it's cranking hot!

Once I idle the car it begins to cool very slowly until its all cold again....about (5 to 10 minutes)

Took the car into Infiniti Dealer - Paid 125$ for flush/fill coolant and 65$ for a full inspection of the vehicle.

They do the flush/fill heat was working fine after I left.

48.Hours Later -- Heat is coming out cold again when I idle - but if I keep driving the heat stays hot!

I have been checking for leaks of coolant around the engine/block/hoses/etc.

Nothing found to be leaking? I hear the "Water gulping" from inside the car while I am starting to begin to drive. I just bought a thermostat I have not installed it yet- however I don't think that is going to fix it anyway - but that is why I am here.

What have all you found to be happening after this? I have searched the forums and found a few good threads and will continue to post this and read more.

Thank you all for any help or time you give me -:confused2:

Joe

MyLilBlkG 12-13-2009 04:29 AM

i was able to solve my problem by starting the engine while the radiator cap was open. You basically open up your radiator cap, either real quick start the car and run to the cap and have it boiled out and then close it real quick, and shut down the engine: that solved my problem. It will be easier if you can get a second person to help you start and stop the engine. It basically was the air bubble in my radiator system that caused my heater to turn cold. Good luck and hope you solve your problem.

joealbergo 12-13-2009 10:17 AM

I think out of all the responses - this would be the easiest thing for me to attempt and try without losing to much coolant.

Other than the replies to take the bleeder-nut off, I will wait for the mechanic to do that because if I go back to the dealer - they are going to have to see for themselves that there fix is not working.

However MyLilBlkG - I will try this later on today and get back to you to let you know what the effect was...

Thanks for your time and your help.

Joe

joealbergo 12-14-2009 07:23 AM

Dealership trip this morning.

It's about 6:23am.

Dealer opens at 7:00.

I am outta here and I will come back to let you all know what happened.

thanks again for the help.

:bowrofl:

joealbergo 12-14-2009 12:53 PM

Alright - back from the dealer - took me a while however. I was able to get the system re-flushed re-filled and so far so good. I do not hear any water gulping and the heat is working fine at idle.

They insist there are no leaks in the system and that the coolant must have filled improperly last time.

Any comments? Let me know..

RBull 12-15-2009 08:48 PM

Rad cap was defective in my 04. Changed it and the gurgling stopped.

joealbergo 12-16-2009 12:08 PM

Yeah but if my cap was defective then wouldn't Infiniti have explained that to me already instead of flushing my system twice?

To give you an update RBull: so far it just seems that the blistering cold out here is preventing my heater from staying warm all the time. If not the case, the dealer said you will always hear an occasional gulping, or gargling of the coolant from inside the car.

What do you think my friend?

IrockAG35 12-16-2009 12:14 PM

flush your rad,change thermostat,bleed air out of lines should solve prob

joealbergo 12-16-2009 12:18 PM

IRock...

Thermostat here should not be the issue because my car is not over-heating at all. Vehicle performance is not affected at all by the coolant system. My thermostat is working properly sending coolant through the system and keeping my engine at the right temperature. What do you think? :confused2:

I have posted already that I flushed the system TWICE at the Infiniti dealership. I didn't even attempt to do it myself because I knew I would have better chances of solving the issue if the dealer did the work under their receipt of guarantee. :11:

The vehicle is still pushing out cold air after a few minutes of idle time - and I am starting to think that the cold air outside is so blistering freezing that this is the reason why it's happening. :DOMO:

I don't think that it will matter to much longer - I just keep driving :driving:

sjdj408 12-17-2009 07:44 PM

is it normal to hear a clicking noise every time you turn on the air? whenever i press the auto button to turn the air on i can hear a clicking noise, only when the window is down and no music. just wondering if its normal since i havent heard anything like this when i turn on the air on other cars.

Libra4220 12-17-2009 09:04 PM

I was reading what IrockAG35 said about replacing the thermostat and other things, I just want to add that having a bad thermostat doesn't always make your car over heat.
a thermostat that it stuck closed will make your car over heat, a thermostat that is stuck open will make your heat get cool or cold at idle speed and will get warm at higher RPM. a car with low coolant or air pockets in the cooling system can also cause low heat but you would probably see over heating in that case. I just replaced a thermostat yesterday, the same problem as yours has , the dealer should have replaced the thermostat also, FYI

AidanP 01-05-2010 12:17 PM

Hey guys, I've been experiencing similar problems with my car. The vehicle has been periodically overheating and blowing cold air inside. I had the thermostat replaced, but it was still overheating and blowing cold air. Yesterday I took it to Mr. Lube who did a full coolant flush and did their best to bleed the system, but the car is still blowing cold air at idle. Should I take it back to Mr. Lube, as it would appear as though they didn't fully clear the system of air?