G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Tuner & Dyno (https://g35driver.com/forums/tuner-dyno-287/)
-   -   Who is using Osiris Tuner? (https://g35driver.com/forums/tuner-dyno/269978-who-using-osiris-tuner.html)

civic4982 02-06-2009 10:50 PM

Who is using Osiris Tuner?

Anyone currently playing with osiris tuner?

I know there was a nice collection of folks using UTEC to self tune before in their NA cars and was wondering if the popularity of osiris tuner has grown to a point where there was a good base of information already out.

Been searching and haven't found anything.

Shakuya88 02-06-2009 11:26 PM

I'm seriously looking at it for my FI setup soon. One of the osiris tuners on here said it would be the best for my needs. I think it seems like a good setup.

Skaterbasist 02-06-2009 11:28 PM

The UpRev Osiris is just amazing in the capabilities it possesses. If I were able to tune the car myself, I would have gotten the self-user tuner version already!

BlinkerFluid 02-09-2009 03:27 AM

I am.

You have a PM.

civic4982 02-09-2009 05:59 PM

thanks for the PM BlinkerFluid.

hopefully there will be some others who are playing with it.

stevej88 02-09-2009 11:21 PM

I am using Orsiris tune from UpRev, it made a pretty big difference in my N/A car. Definitely recommend it! OSIRIS FTW

twin001 02-09-2009 11:26 PM

I don't have the tuner version, but I love my Osiris/Cipher. I need a laptop mount like the cops have.

Red_G35 02-09-2009 11:30 PM

twin, did you notice any 'seat of your pants' power gains?

lekker_droom 02-09-2009 11:32 PM

i have osiris on mine too. good stuff.

twin001 02-09-2009 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Red_G35 (Post 3900511)
twin, did you notice any 'seat of your pants' power gains?

My problem was that I installed the MREV, spacer, and Osiris in the same weekend. Also, it was on a brand new engine (courtesy of your work and Infiniti....don't tell anyone :biggthumpup:). I think the engine is starting to break in more and more now that I'm just over 8k on it. I know there is a "stock" map loaded on the Osiris, but I don't know if the ECU has to "re-learn" that map when you switch to it or if it's instantaneous. I didn't want to burn a dyno run if it had to re-learn the stock curve.

BlinkerFluid 02-10-2009 12:17 AM

Osiris tunes have excellent reviews, but I think he is looking more for the self tuners to chime in.

I think it would be great to get the self tuners together and share info and ideas. Hopefully we will see the Osiris Tuner forum soon.

civic4982 02-10-2009 06:26 AM

^exactly... looking to build up a knowledge database from those who are currently self-tuning with osiris.

as valuable as the impressions are from those who have dropped their car off for an osiris tune that is not the point.

BlinkerFluid 02-11-2009 02:48 AM

Wow, I thought there'd be at least a few that would see this.

xx7sephiroth7xx 02-11-2009 04:28 PM

I think that's just it: there aren't many people who have the self-tuner version of Osiris, and even if they do, I'm sure many of them don't know what they're doing.
:icon43:

BlinkerFluid 02-11-2009 05:35 PM

I'm sure its just that not many are using it yet.

Tuning really isn't *that* difficult or complicated once you understand exactly what you're trying to accomplish, why you need to change something, and what the changes you make do.

Once a bunch of us get together and start comparing maps and ideas, more will see that they too can do it. I'd love to get the pros like Sharif, Hal, and the many others involved, I'm sure the UpRev guys would be in. You should see the number of new tuners the DSM community has produced. They have a great base and are willing to help any new person learn to tune themselves by offering advice and guidance. I'm sure there are many that would like to learn and do it themselves.

You'll have the occasional person that pops an engine because they make a mistake, or make a change without fully understanding what they are doing, but that's just another reason to gather the people using it and get them in contact. So the new tuners can be coached in making the proper changes.

It would also be great to pool maps from cars with various setups for comparison. Of course every car is going to be a tad different, but similar setups aren't going to be that different. Once you get the MAS table dialed in, if you have to change it, and you are hitting your fuel targets, you're done with the hardest part.

One of the things that is really lacking in this community as a whole is the sharing of knowledge about tuning these cars. What info you find is sparce, and 90% of the posts that involve someone asking for help tuning are answered with, "take it to a tuner." I'd like to see a specific forum where a few will chime in with different solutions that the user can try on their own.

We'll get there, it's just a matter of time.