New dyno numbers for my 03 5AT.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 08:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tollboothwilley
I've seen UTECs go for $600 with a wideband
True, but it's hard to compare used prices. The AEM can be found for under $250 used.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:03 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
With all this talk, I think I'm still going to go with the Technosquare unit so I can get the extended rev limiter and throttle adjustment. It's fairly cheap too.

Old 06-30-2009, 02:04 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
whats the cost for the Technosquare? And is it only from sending them the ECU or driving out to Cali to get it done?

Old 06-30-2009, 03:50 PM
whats the cost for the Technosquare? And is it only from sending them the ECU or driving out to Cali to get it done?

I believe it's $350 for the basic adjustments ( rev limiter, top speed and throttle I think ). This would work well for those you want to use a piggyback for FI. You'd have to send them your ecu or just drive there from what I've read.

If you plan on staying N/A then just get their reflash which is like $550 or something like that.

Old 07-01-2009, 12:48 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Anybody know what they charge for a dyno tune?

Old 07-01-2009, 04:09 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally Posted by GT-ER
Initial research has shown that jime's car is about 800lbs lighter than mine..lol..that might help some. He did run low 12's N/A and high 10's with n2o on stock engine and stock tranny. Crazy ish I tell ya...

Anyways, I found this:

Thinking about it, I don't see why you can't connect just about any piggyback to this car. They should pretty much all work ( all non-plug and play ones anyways ).
I just compared my 03 FSM to that same pin out and they seem to match. at least the noted ones do. So it seems the patch harness on .org might work.

But I'm assuming my FSM for the 03 is for the early 03 versions. Which I suspect is true as looking at the pinouts for the 03-06 Z look completly different.

Now it it has to be determined if the UTEC is really worth it for the NA engine. ie.. fighting the oem tune etc.. vs the TS option reflash

Old 07-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I just compared my 03 FSM to that same pin out and they seem to match. at least the noted ones do. So it seems the patch harness on .org might work.

But I'm assuming my FSM for the 03 is for the early 03 versions. Which I suspect is true as looking at the pinouts for the 03-06 Z look completly different.

Now it it has to be determined if the UTEC is really worth it for the NA engine. ie.. fighting the oem tune etc.. vs the TS option reflash
For N/A I dount it because you still need need to raise the rev limiter and you need a reflash for that anyways. If I were to stay N/A I would just get the reflash and be done with it. But I'm not.

Old 07-14-2009, 01:06 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Technosquare quoted me $550 + shipping for a reflash...additional $150 for dyno tuning if you bring your car there.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I came across this thread accidentally while trying to find out the rev limit on a G35. I'm one of those guys with a maxima, I started out at 206WHP stock and I am up at 253fwhp and 249TQ on a dynojet. I am using a greddy emanage blue for my tune. I was thinking of going with the greddy emanage black but at the time it was out of my price range and was not worth the extra dollars for the 2 extra features i wanted. The blue can advance and retard the timing, BUT you will not see the difference through the OBD2 port, you must use a timing light. If you advance the timing 5 degrees and use a software program through the port the ECU will report the stock timing, not the adjusted timing as it doesn't see the advance. But using a timing light you can see the advance. The person who installed the emanage for me is the Fastest NA 4th gen maxima with a 3.0 litre engine running in the 12's. He uses the emanage black but has since sold the engine and is building a 3.5 now. for more info on how to install the black look for dandymax's writeup on vqpower.com

my dyno file stock and tuned with bolt ons

Old 07-16-2009, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by knight_yyz
I came across this thread accidentally while trying to find out the rev limit on a G35. I'm one of those guys with a maxima, I started out at 206WHP stock and I am up at 253fwhp and 249TQ on a dynojet. I am using a greddy emanage blue for my tune. I was thinking of going with the greddy emanage black but at the time it was out of my price range and was not worth the extra dollars for the 2 extra features i wanted. The blue can advance and retard the timing, BUT you will not see the difference through the OBD2 port, you must use a timing light. If you advance the timing 5 degrees and use a software program through the port the ECU will report the stock timing, not the adjusted timing as it doesn't see the advance. But using a timing light you can see the advance. The person who installed the emanage for me is the Fastest NA 4th gen maxima with a 3.0 litre engine running in the 12's. He uses the emanage black but has since sold the engine and is building a 3.5 now. for more info on how to install the black look for dandymax's writeup on vqpower.com

my dyno file stock and tuned with bolt ons

Nice! I think I might go with the AEM F/IC. While it doesn't advance timing ( it can only retard ) that is not a problem for me because I plan on going forced induction anyways and I'v read the AEM is better than the Greedy. I have yet to decide though.

Old 07-19-2009, 02:47 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
KNIGHT

what did the Greddy cost you?

where did you get it tuned at? The Greddy black can +/- timing then?

Old 07-19-2009, 02:54 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Also, the ECU connectors are different for the 3.5 and the 3.0 aren't they?

Old 07-19-2009, 05:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Also, the ECU connectors are different for the 3.5 and the 3.0 aren't they?
Yes they are. Hooking up the greddy is a matter of finding the corresponding wires and wiring them in. I had to do the same with my VAFCII on my 4th gen max.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't remember how much the greddy blue cost me, but I've heard the best place to look is the 350Z sites because a lot of the guys sell them if they come with the greddy turbo kits. You can advance and retard timing with the greddy blue and the greddy black. I tuned at DL motorsports in Burlington, Ontario

Or keep checking on craigs list and kijiji for the blue or the black. The greddy black has a few more features than the blue, like launch control and can store two tunes, one for DD and flick a switch for track tune.

I didn't use any special connectors, all the wires are spliced right into the ECU harness. Cheaper that way but harder to remove the car if going back to stock.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:46 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
who did the tuning after you installed the Greddy eManage?

Does it allow you to modify the way the ECU controls the throttle...stock setting closes the TB over 5500 rpms to 80% instead of WOT.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New dyno numbers for my 03 5AT.