New dyno numbers for my 03 5AT.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 11:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tollboothwilley
Your intake manifolds are much different from ours. SSIM isn't used on the G i believe.

I dont even know what the VIAS is... I think its cuz you guys have such a different intake.
maxima has a Variable Intake. (VIAS) there is a butterfly valve to change the air flow during driving. Taking out the butterfly valve and the shelf basically gives the maxima a manifold similar to the G or the Z, but it works even better on the maxima if there is something to control the CVTV's? (something like that)

Old 08-27-2009, 11:46 AM
whats the advantage of the black?

how much was the tune after the install?

EDIT: also...in that post from the max forum, whas is the VIAS & SSIM you guys were talking about? Never heard of it...
Tune was 160 per hour CDN, advantages of the black... launch control, you can get rid of the MAF and use maps, extended rev limiter. Those are the 3 biggies. Also you can have 2 maps stored. Street and track or whatever you can dream up. ( NOS or no NOS) etc...

VIAS, variable intake actuator solonoid. It's a valve inside the intake that looks like the throttle butterfly, which changes the runner length by redirecting the air flow at certain RPM's. But if you cut out the shelf inside and take out the butterfly valve you have what is called an SSIM, (secret sauce intake manifold). An all motor guru from the org figured this would give good gains on the maxima because on the G/Z there is no valve and the RWD's gave out more whp. So he cut the shelf and deleted the valve, lost a bit of torque and gained some horspeower at the top end.

If you look at a stock maxima dyno and a stock RWD vq35 dyno, you will see the rwd's have a bit more horsepower but less torque then the FWD's.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:49 AM
I didnt use a light. I took it to UMS to have Tony tune it for me. He's the guy who tuned Tim Tranks car.

The 2003's dont have a wideband O2. At some point I might get one, but I dont need one right now. The EMB uses a proprietary USB cable as well, not the same as the EMU unfortunately. The good thing is that if I upgrade to EMU I only have to add a few other wires and its installed.

How long have you had your Greddy TT with the EMU? I've heard a lot of bad things about the eManage for FI cars.
Get the Ebay copy of the usb cable here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUPPO...Q5fAccessories

and download the software for free

Old 08-27-2009, 08:33 PM
interesting information

Old 08-28-2009, 05:08 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
I'm running the Emanage Blue for now. Got it tuned. TO upgrade to the EMU is relatively inexpensive. I'd really like to have the extended rev-limter.

When I dyno'd I was gaining HP all the way to redline. It didnt tail off at all, just kept climbing.

Old 08-29-2009, 12:00 AM
That's a bonus if it keeps climbing. Right now mine tails off but I know what the culprit is. My next mod is to remove my butterfly valve as it seems the air pressure in the plenum starts to force it closed which reduces horsepower.

Old 09-12-2009, 03:51 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
What wires does the EMU add, are you familiar? I haven't looked at it much, but I think I'd really like a higher rev-limit. With the BLUE i know I am able to add/removing timing and fuel with 250 rpm increments. I guess you can have 2 tunes as well. The real benefit will be not having to use the BLUE proprietary cable.

Old 09-12-2009, 04:39 PM
I'm not sure, but there is a harness you can buy for the conversion, that way you don't have to undo what you have done while installing the blue. ebay has the cable you need for much cheaper, i bought it myself and had no problems, download the latest software for free

Old 09-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
i have the software...and i know i can get the cable

i know there is a harness upgrade...its just the additional 14 pin harness that the BLUE doesn't have. Just was wondering what features it adds.

I'll probably just check out what it does. I think it allows you to control the igntion better somehow.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:03 PM
2 step launch, 2 maps, you can get rid of your MAF sensor, extended rev limit, pressure sensor, egt probe, wide band port on the EU, remote data logging. those are off the top of my head. There are more, best way to check these out would be to read the specs on the EB and the EU and see what the differences are

Old 09-13-2009, 11:36 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Those are all optional components. Nothing major.

What is the "2 step launch" ?

Old 09-14-2009, 07:35 AM
same idea as the new GTR. Mat the pedal and it will sit at the desired RPM.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:33 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Gotcha. I'm limited by the torque converter right now anyways...lol

Old 09-14-2009, 03:55 PM
I think you misunderstand. You pull up to a red light and engage the 2 step launch. You mat the pedal and the engine revs to a preset number that you have previously determined will not cause tire spin. You let off the brake or the clutch and the car will take off without tire spin. At the second step which again is previously determined you get full power to the wheels.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:53 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
I fully understood what you meant. The TC and the Yaw sensor limit that from being how I would like it to work anyways.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New dyno numbers for my 03 5AT.