G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Tuner & Dyno (https://g35driver.com/forums/tuner-dyno-287/)
-   -   2006 G35 coupe 6MT - bolt-ons + tune dyno results (https://g35driver.com/forums/tuner-dyno/450116-2006-g35-coupe-6mt-bolt-ons-tune-dyno-results.html)

iceb0urne 07-04-2015 11:03 PM

2006 G35 coupe 6MT - bolt-ons + tune dyno results

1 Attachment(s)
Sup guys,

New member/poster but long-time reader here. Finally got enough mods installed on my ride to share some results.

Vehicle: 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT
Mileage: 112K

Intake: JWT Pop Charger, OEM Z tube, Kinetix V+ Upper Plenum, Motordyne Mrev Manifold
Exhaust: Stillen equal length headers (powder coated), Berk non-resonated test pipes, ARK Grip True Dual Exhaust
Suspension: Koni Yellow Shocks/Struts, Eibach Springs, all bushings swapped out with polyurethane on the front side on the vehicle, rear to be done soon)
Brakes: Stoptech Cryo treated rotors, Hawk HPS+ Pads, factory calipers, stainless steel brake lines from Z1 motorsports
Other: Mishimoto 2 row radiator, Megan Racing Engine and Transmission mounts, Agency Power Lightweight Pulleys

Final results
Mods no tune - 241whp
Mods after tune - 257whp

Tuning done at Forged Performance in Marietta, GA (excellent job Shariff!) on their dynamics dyno.

I can't confirm the gains from the mods because I never baseline dyno'd the car stock. (Our goal was 30whp/25tq from all bolt-ons and a tune, but gains are highly debatable without documented proof I can't confirm we met it.)

It needs some body work and wider rims/tires, which'll probably be next on my list. Feel free to leave comments/advice, thanks!

Dyno runs:

(Waiting on dyno files but I did attach a screenshot of the tuned results)

iceb0urne 07-04-2015 11:19 PM

Forgot to list another mod:
ACT 6 puck clutch
Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel

dukehotty 07-05-2015 02:50 AM

Cool vids!

iceb0urne 07-08-2015 01:20 AM

(Another video of the exhaust sound post mods+tune.. the hiss is pretty much self-explanatory if you're familiar with the ARK Grip TD reviews. The car's pretty raspy at WOT, not sure how I feel about that yet..)

Let me know what you guys think, thanks!

nosam1g 07-11-2015 11:08 PM

should upgrade to motor dyne shockwave , looks good tho =]

NohoG35revup 08-21-2015 01:34 PM

Nice mods .. But the final numbers seem a little low .

Kind of dooms my hope I had of putting down good numbers when I dyno.

NohoG35revup 08-21-2015 01:36 PM

How much torque ?

Lartytiejdke3 08-21-2015 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by iceb0urne (Post 7007294)
(Another video of the exhaust sound post mods+tune.. the hiss is pretty much self-explanatory if you're familiar with the ARK Grip TD reviews. The car's pretty raspy at WOT, not sure how I feel about that yet..)

Let me know what you guys think, thanks!

G35 coupe ARK Grip True Dual exhaust, test pipes, equal length headers - YouTube

the non resonated test pipes are doing it...
ark/art pipes sounds pretty good

andrewvk 08-21-2015 04:13 PM

257 with those mods honestly isnt bad.
ive got some similar mods and im untuned, but after seeing your numbers im considering getting a dyno tune done. i hadnt really cared since the motor is coming out next year, but it may be worth it.

keep it up!

Mr. Brooks 08-21-2015 08:48 PM

Keep up the good work. Any cams in the future.

iceb0urne 08-22-2015 11:04 AM

Sup guys,

Didn't get a direct readout on the final torque output, but from the graph I attached it looks to be about 230 or so..

So from the research I've done, the upper limit of what a full bolt on and tuned revup will do is about 270whp (280 or so with cams??? not as sure with that). It was 90-95 degrees that day, dyno dynamics are known to read a bit low and I think the JWT intake is still a bit restricted on air (I want to do a custom air duct out to the front lower bumper or something to help shower it with more air). On a cooler day and on most other dynos I'm sure I'm good for 260-265 or so, which lands pretty much right in line with the online consensus..

I'm staying NA so I'm aiming for cams when we do the timing chain next year. (Maybe some head work too while we're in there if I have the $$$ lol). The next mod will likely be an oil cooler so I can hit the track with it - I heard the oil can get pretty hot in these cars when they're pushed..

NohoG35revup 08-22-2015 02:10 PM

Sweet car over all . Nice mods . These cars handle like go karts with coilovers and sway bars .
Let us know if and when the cams go in .

I'm debating getting a supercharger down the road or stay na with cams and headwork maybe?