G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   V36 Audio, Video & Electronics (https://g35driver.com/forums/v36-audio-video-electronics-375/)
-   -   How to install Boyo backup camera on 07+ sedan (https://g35driver.com/forums/v36-audio-video-electronics/291216-how-install-boyo-backup-camera-07-sedan.html)

2007G35X 06-03-2009 02:11 PM

How to install Boyo backup camera on 07+ sedan

Does anyone know how to install Boyo license plate backup camera on 07+ Sedan? I bought the camera but now have no clue how to install it?
Is there any write up with pics could be found on the web?

kendroz 06-05-2009 12:04 AM

Need to plug and adapter to convert the video to RCA to plug it into the yellow rca in the console. Power is taken from the reverse light.
Check the link in your pm to see the procedure to by-pass video.

2007G35X 06-05-2009 12:47 PM

So no one has actually done it yet? By the way, thx for the link Kendroz.

hobbs 06-10-2009 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by kendroz (Post 4286309)
Need to plug and adapter to convert the video to RCA to plug it into the yellow rca in the console. Power is taken from the reverse light.

can you pm me the link too? I would appreciate it.

Eug96 06-12-2009 03:52 PM

Can you pm me the link too please:biggthumpup:

Gdrift 06-12-2009 05:17 PM

You would have to switch to rca mode every time u put the car into reverse.

I did however see a very clever solution to that last week on a friends honda. He installed a small motion sensor light switch under the gearbox that would triggers the rca mode when the gear moves into the reverse position. I'm not actually sure how to do it to a g but Im sure if somebody figures out how to trigger the rca mode without having to pressing the mode, it wouldn't be hard.

sg37 08-03-2009 09:45 AM

Can anyone also pm me the link please? :)

matador 08-05-2009 06:36 PM

it's pretty simple. i put mine about a month ago, but didn't get to take pictures.

i have mine powered by the reverse light in the trunk ceiling, but you just have to switch modes to AUX when you reverse.

In the license plate area, if you look up, there's a grommet that goes inside the trunk.
when you take out the plastic piece where the trunk net is, you will see that grommet.
you pass the wire thru there, and if you take the driver's side (or passenger's side) trunk cover, you can send the wires thru there into the rear seats, and then thru the side of the car.

you need to send the RCA for the video into the arm rest area.
i believe you can get the reverse wire from the radio (to power up the camera) but i didn't want to open that up again, so i just grabbed power from the backup light in the trunk lid area. There are only 2 wires going into the lamp harness, black is ground and the other wire is power. you can confirm with a multi meter.

matador 08-05-2009 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Gdrift (Post 4308802)
You would have to switch to rca mode every time u put the car into reverse.

I did however see a very clever solution to that last week on a friends honda. He installed a small motion sensor light switch under the gearbox that would triggers the rca mode when the gear moves into the reverse position. I'm not actually sure how to do it to a g but Im sure if somebody figures out how to trigger the rca mode without having to pressing the mode, it wouldn't be hard.

i am not sure if the radio is able to automatically switch.
there might be a wire in the back of the radio, that acts as a turn on when there's a signal coming in.

But again, i dunno if the G has this wire. if it does, then you just need to send a wake up signal (it can be anywhere from 0.5v to 14.4v, dunno, depends on the specifications).

it's not that hard to switch modes, less complicated :biggthumpup:

superfly320 08-05-2009 08:05 PM

Hello fellaz

I actually did this also a few months ago. I bought the BOYO camera and a video interface unit (http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=1267

The install wasn't too bad but took longer than I thought. But when everything was done, I could put the car in reverse and the screen would automatically switch to the backup camera and back off when it was in any other position (P, N, D, etc).

The cool thing is that this way does not take up your rca slot (less jenky install), AND you can even add another video input (another camera, garmin navi) that can be used when you flick a switch on the unit. Everything came out super clean.

BUT, this peice is $250, but well worth it in my opinion.

Hope that helps

dohturdima 08-12-2009 07:06 PM

Please send a link this way as well.

I am thinking of going the backup camera route instead of drilling :eek: my bumper to put in ultrasound sensors. I also looked at a $250 interface module - having it would be nice but I think that I would rather save myself the $ and pain of extra install and push the AUX button.

matador 08-13-2009 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by dohturdima (Post 4470451)
Please send a link this way as well.

I am thinking of going the backup camera route instead of drilling :eek: my bumper to put in ultrasound sensors. I also looked at a $250 interface module - having it would be nice but I think that I would rather save myself the $ and pain of extra install and push the AUX button.

the backup camera would nicer.
it's nice to have it switch automatically, but for $250. hmmmm, i don't think pushing a button when you reverse is worth $250

neo2000x 08-14-2009 02:26 PM

Hey guys, how are these in terms of theft? Do they have anti theft screws? I'd be worried about it getting stolen.

dohturdima 08-14-2009 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by neo2000x (Post 4475702)
Hey guys, how are these in terms of theft? Do they have anti theft screws? I'd be worried about it getting stolen.

Ditto - I was thinking the same thing. Fortunately, anti theft screws do exist

I am thinking of getting these but can't remember whether our license plates use screws or bolts...

sg37 09-01-2009 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by superfly320 (Post 4453349)
Hello fellaz

I actually did this also a few months ago. I bought the BOYO camera and a video interface unit (http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=1267

The cool thing is that this way does not take up your rca slot (less jenky install), AND you can even add another video input (another camera, garmin navi) that can be used when you flick a switch on the unit. Everything came out super clean.

Hi Superfly,

I read the manual of the interface unit and I have some questions you probably can shed some lights.

1. Connecting the power supply wires:
- Connect the VCI-NIS1’s BLACK wire to chassis ground.
- Connect the RED wire to a switched +12 volt source.

Q: Just tape the black wire to the ground? Which +12 Volt Source? cigarette lighter?

2. Wire the VCI-NIS1’s BLUE wire the vehicle’s +12 volt reverse light supply wire. The reverse wire will show +12 volts when the vehicle is put into reverse.

Q: How do I find the reverse signal cable?

3. Wire the VCI-NIS1’s GREEN wire to the vehicle’s negative parking brake supply wire. The parking brake will show continuity to ground when the parking brake is on.

Q: Again how do I find the cable?

Thanks