Made a mistake with my fuse

Old 06-18-2017, 02:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Made a mistake with my fuse

Car: 2008 G35S Sedan

So a month ago my car had some electrical issues. I did some testing myself and found that there was parasitic draw coming from fuse box by the battery. The specific fuse was to the main display in the center of the car dashboard. The fuse went to the A/C, radio, nav panel. All the good stuff. Anyways.. was too busy to get around to fixing it recently so every night, take out the one fuse and in the morning put it back in before I head off to work. Car runs fine and no problems starting the car anymore.

Did this for a little bit.

And then I made a mistake.

A grave mistake.

:[

I put the fuse in while the car was running one morning.
Everything showed up on the display, A/C works, radio functions work, nav works.

But..
Oh god..

THERE'S NO SOUND?!?!?!

Well... ****...

Soooo... now I'm not sure how to go further with this. I've googled like CRAZY trying to find someone in this situation but alas, I am the lone mole :[

HALP MEEHH

Possible problems and how to fix them please :]

Old 06-18-2017, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by Pwadyal
Car: 2008 G35S Sedan

So a month ago my car had some electrical issues. I did some testing myself and found that there was parasitic draw coming from fuse box by the battery. The specific fuse was to the main display in the center of the car dashboard. The fuse went to the A/C, radio, nav panel. All the good stuff. Anyways.. was too busy to get around to fixing it recently so every night, take out the one fuse and in the morning put it back in before I head off to work. Car runs fine and no problems starting the car anymore.

Did this for a little bit.

And then I made a mistake.

A grave mistake.

:[

I put the fuse in while the car was running one morning.
Everything showed up on the display, A/C works, radio functions work, nav works.

But..
Oh god..

THERE'S NO SOUND?!?!?!

Well... ****...

Soooo... now I'm not sure how to go further with this. I've googled like CRAZY trying to find someone in this situation but alas, I am the lone mole :[

HALP MEEHH

Possible problems and how to fix them please :]
Calm down!

Take a deep breath!

Go grab your multimeter.

Now you are not busy!

Did the fuse blow?

Did you check/test it?

Did you ever think of troubleshooting using the FSM?

http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manu.../Sedan/2008/PG

Good luck

Telcoman

Old 07-22-2017, 03:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by telcoman
Calm down!

Take a deep breath!

Go grab your multimeter.

Now you are not busy!

Did the fuse blow?

Did you check/test it?

Did you ever think of troubleshooting using the FSM?

http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manu.../Sedan/2008/PG

Good luck

Telcoman
I went to the dealership and got my fuses checked for free but they said fuses are fine and they want me to drop $165 to do an electrical system. What should my next course of action be, as I'm really not interested in dropping that much for a diagnostic check.

Old 07-22-2017, 04:55 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
You're talking about no sound from the radio right? Grab the FSM and tear your dash apart, probably fried the head unit unfortunately but the troubleshooting steps will rule out other issues once you have verified voltage and such. Or the unit was on its own way out and finally gave up (might have been causing the voltage leak). Either way taking the dash apart is in your future, or the dealerships future, or in the future of a local stereo shop if you don't want to pay dealer price.

Old 07-22-2017, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
You're talking about no sound from the radio right? Grab the FSM and tear your dash apart, probably fried the head unit unfortunately but the troubleshooting steps will rule out other issues once you have verified voltage and such. Or the unit was on its own way out and finally gave up (might have been causing the voltage leak). Either way taking the dash apart is in your future, or the dealerships future, or in the future of a local stereo shop if you don't want to pay dealer price.
The OP could possibly find another radio in a junkyard and either replace it himself or have an automobile audio shop do it.

Telcoman

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.