Anyone Have Pics of Rear Suspension / Camber Arms?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 05:24 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Pics of 2009 Rear Suspension / Camber Arms. Is it Different?

I have been looking around, but I can't find any clear pics of the rear suspension and rear camber arms on the 07-08 sedan. Does anyone have any? I would like to see the rear camber arm installed or uninstalled to compare to my 09. Pics of my 09 rear suspension are in a below post.

I am in the process of trying to install the Eibach springs and rear camber kit on my 09. Everything mounts up, but the stock camber bar is flat where as the SPC kit has a slight bend. I am curious what the 07-08's look like.

The problem I am having is the toe is really out of wack and I am worried about even driving my car. I am not sure if this is normal. I called Eibach today because I am installing their 07-08 springs and camber kit, and they told me not to do it. They couldn't give me any specifics, but said they were not the same. Does anyone have any ideas?

I am going to play around with the toe when I finish the fronts up, and I may end up pulling the camber kit if I can't figure it out. Ahh, the joy of being the first....

Last edited by jran76; 03-17-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:28 PM
Better yet, does anyone have a good contact at SPC or Eibach that can get the low-down on the 09 G37 sedan parts? Terry? Anyone?

I am using:
Eibach springs PN 6383.140
Eibach rear camber kit 5.72265K and 5.72260K

Old 03-16-2009, 07:23 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
I had read that the rear kits were the same for the 09's but no actual reports. Our rear camber arms DO have the bend just like the kit. Not sure what function this bend serves though and don't see why it couldn't have been just straight. I think if you put some positive camber correction (SPC arms slightly shorter than the stock arms), you shouldn't be too far off and at least driveable until you get your alignment. I didn't realise how bad handling can be without proper alignment until after I installed the rear kit and drove on some light snow--so scary I had to turn back and drive my other car.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by mishmosh
I had read that the rear kits were the same for the 09's but no actual reports. Our rear camber arms DO have the bend just like the kit. Not sure what function this bend serves though and don't see why it couldn't have been just straight. I think if you put some positive camber correction (SPC arms slightly shorter than the stock arms), you shouldn't be too far off and at least driveable until you get your alignment. I didn't realise how bad handling can be without proper alignment until after I installed the rear kit and drove on some light snow--so scary I had to turn back and drive my other car.
Interesting; thanks for the information. Here are some pics of my stock arms and the SPC arms installed on my car. The stock bars are perfectly flat, and the SPC's are not. I am going to play around with it to see what I can do, but you are right about the alignment. I drove my car on my street with the rear toe and camber way out, and it felt like crap. I may just pull the arms off for now until I can get some concrete information. I think the Eibach springs will work, but I am not sure about the arms. Anyway, I will post an update tomorrow after I adjust the arms and play with the tow settings.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone Have Pics of Rear Suspension / Camber Arms?-camber-arm1_small.jpg   Anyone Have Pics of Rear Suspension / Camber Arms?-camber-arm2_small.jpg   Anyone Have Pics of Rear Suspension / Camber Arms?-camber-arm3_small.jpg   Anyone Have Pics of Rear Suspension / Camber Arms?-spc1_small.jpg   Anyone Have Pics of Rear Suspension / Camber Arms?-spc2_small.jpg  

Old 03-16-2009, 09:47 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
^ the eibach rear camber arm has the same bend

Old 03-16-2009, 09:58 PM
Whether there is a bend or no bend, I think as long as the arm is not hitting anything, you can go ahead and use it. Are your Eibach springs on? Why not just get an alignment?

Old 03-16-2009, 10:07 PM
I am going to finish the fronts tomorrow. My rear toe is WAY out. I have about a 1/4" clearance between the inside of the rear wheel/tire and the radius arm.

I am not saying I am an expert, but I have done this 10+ times on a Z/G, and I have never seen things out that much. Even with springs (or coilovers) and camber arms I usually don't see things that far out. The geometry seems off.... Like I said, before I pull them off I am going to see what I can do....

Old 03-17-2009, 08:08 AM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
I believe the bend is merely to provide more range of adjustment.

Old 03-17-2009, 04:20 PM
I am wondering if you installed the camber arm and toe like the stock ones were configured, ie. camber arms ~stock length or even slightly shorter, toe bolt in neutral position. I managed to get camber fairly close but my toe was off. The car was still drivable the skittish (especially over bumps) for 2 weeks. I had my alignment done today--they easily got everything back to factory spec.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:49 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
just put my summers on today, took a quick peek at the camber arms in the back...

They are made by SPC, engraved "SPC", just sold in an eibach box. If you can buy the SPC directly for cheaper, go for it.

It appears that it's bent to give more clearance for the stabilizer linkages. After all, it's made to be able to adjust camber with the car slammed to the ground with coil-overs or really low springs.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:14 PM
Guys,

Thanks for the feedback. I should probably add that I am aware of the differences between the SPC and Eibach camber arms (there are no differences). I was really after the differences between the 07-08 and 09 stock suspensions. There are some differences, but I was most interested in the camber arms.

With the above said, I played around with the camber and toe settings, and I at least got my car drivable. I am going to head over to Cobb tomorrow and get an alignment, and then mount the wheels up in the afternoon. I will update the pics in my thread in the pictures section when I get done.

Thanks again for everyone's feedback.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:38 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The bend is for sway bar clearance. In fact, I think they are using the 1st gen camber arm for the 2nd gen kit. The 1st gen toe bolts are too short however for the 2nd gen cars, hence the different part number for the kit.

Old 04-20-2010, 01:09 PM
Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts
post some pictures when you're done with everything.

Old 04-20-2010, 01:35 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
jran76 - there are no differences in the suspensions between 07-08 and 09 (except maybe the spring rates since the G37 is about 100 lbs heavier than the G35). My 08 camber arm is identical to yours.

Old 04-20-2010, 11:25 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Pic of my 07 with SPC/Eibach rear camber arm and toe bolt as installed by Eibach tech:

Name:  20070523010.jpg
Views: 1036
Size:  80.2 KB

Name:  20070523007.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  67.3 KB

Last edited by terrycs; 04-21-2010 at 03:24 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone Have Pics of Rear Suspension / Camber Arms?