G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   V36 Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires (https://g35driver.com/forums/v36-brakes-suspension-wheels-tires-374/)
-   -   07-09 Brake Judder TSB fix (https://g35driver.com/forums/v36-brakes-suspension-wheels-tires/349246-07-09-brake-judder-tsb-fix.html)

simsimi1004 02-02-2011 04:13 PM

hey guys
so ive had this problem for some time. the first time around, they resurfaced my rotors for free.
the second time it happened, they were gonna charge me some ridiculous price and i referred to the previous free work and he told me it was because that car was new at that time (basically warranty for rotors expired and told me that it is now a problem of wear-and-tear).

If i metion the ITB09-037b TSB will they fix the problem for free?

also, ive had my pads replaced from elsewhere, but i the pads were infiniti oem (at least thats wat the shop said), so will that effect anything??

thnx

djfarhan 02-02-2011 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by simsimi1004 (Post 5647442)
hey guys
so ive had this problem for some time. the first time around, they resurfaced my rotors for free.
the second time it happened, they were gonna charge me some ridiculous price and i referred to the previous free work and he told me it was because that car was new at that time (basically warranty for rotors expired and told me that it is now a problem of wear-and-tear).

If i metion the ITB09-037b TSB will they fix the problem for free?

thnx

yes

simsimi1004 02-11-2011 07:41 PM

Called in and said if its under warranty
he said they wont fix it because i live on a hill and even though its an overheating issue, its caused by me because i live on a hill. I even asked, "isnt part of the procedure of fix replacing the rotor splashguard because the problem itself is on overheating? despite whether me living on a hill might cause excess heat" but he just kept saying 40000 KM milage i have and its driver behavior problem. wont be covered under warranty..

What now? letter to nissan head office?

djfarhan 02-11-2011 07:47 PM

that is BULLSHIIIIT! call up infiniti cutomer service at 866-840-9224, lodge a formal complaint against these guys and tell them to make sure u get it done

vp-g 03-03-2011 01:16 PM

does this happen with brembo brakes also? mine seem to be warped also.

vqsmile 03-09-2011 09:02 PM

Guys, am I mistaken that there is a splash guard already on the cars, but (per the TSB) it is replaced with a newer designed version that ventilates better to reduce overheating chances? Is sounds like some people are talking about it like there is no splash guard on the car originally.

djfarhan 03-09-2011 10:06 PM

i dont have the splashguards on mine..;-(

kool_yaar 03-09-2011 10:39 PM

Havent read the whole thread but I believe the TSB is talking about the rear splash guards for the rotors that every car should have but it seems like our G's are lacking while some like farhan might be confusing it with the splash guards behind the wheels on the sideskirts which were optional and have nothing to do with the brakes.

djfarhan 03-09-2011 10:44 PM

^ right..;-P

kool_yaar 03-09-2011 10:52 PM

Guys i switched to AM drileld and slotted rotors near 30k+ ago and have had no issues to date with them, the stock rotors had the "judder" within 15k, the issue here is not the rotor shield but the weak soft rotors themselves, if the dealer is fixing it for free then keep getting it done, but if you have to pay for it get some AM rotors which are much cheaper than OEM rotors and you should be fine as from my experience. For those who care i got R1concepts Premium rotors which are at least 500 to even 1000 grade higher than stock (disclaimer: i take no responsibility for it though! :))

soltis007 03-14-2011 08:53 AM

For what its worth, I have an 07S and had the judder tsb performed within the first month of buy my car used, still under warranty.

They put the splashshield on, returned the brakes, and re-used the pads as they were pretty new. Thus far it survived one hard Minnesota winter without re-occuring..

In a spirit of full disclosure: But I also haven't been really really hard on the brakes either...Just normal use.

InfinitJazz 04-06-2011 03:12 PM

My car is starting to do the judder as well, but I am at 76k miles so I am guessing it's wear and tear. It was fine since the weather has been pretty mild, in the 60 deg range till this past week where it hit 80-90 deg. This is when I started to notice the judder. It's very clearly temp related as it's barely there in cooler weather, but very apparent in hot weather. I figure the tsb must've been performed by now so I think that I may just upgrade to aftermarket rotors and pads.

jaeisber 04-06-2011 03:34 PM

I am having the same issue. Just got my car a week ago ('08 with 27,000 miles) and it has the brake judder. Didn't think it was anything at first as I thought the car had been sitting for a bit and the brakes just needed wearing in...but not the case.

I called the dealership and they said it was not going to be covered under warranty...I complained and said that other have had it fixed under warranty and that this is a known issue with 07-09 G's...I have an appt tomorrow morning to have it taken care of, hopefully they do it for free.

dohturdima 04-06-2011 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by SQconstable (Post 5579874)
Well, my rotors warped significantly without even experiencing rain for a very long time. I work from home and never really drive anywhere. I mostly engine brake with the manual shifts, and I keep big distances from the car in-front of me. I've never warped any rotors on any other car, even when auto-crossing it, especially when it has rained mid-way through events. I think these rotors are just really bad material or something. That, or the brakes need to be made of a different compound? I'm not a pro on brakes, but I've abused cars before and this one is giving me problems when I've babied it. I want to know if those that have simply gone with a different, aftermarket brake kit/rotor combo have ever experienced the same issues regardless of a splashguard...

Most people who swapped stock rotors out for quality aftermarkets have not experienced judder. I agree that most likely the OEM rotors are crap material, with poor heat distribution characteristics which at the very least contributes to judder. But there are many factors that possibly contribute (driving/braking style, weather conditions, possibly variation in rotor craftsmanship batch-to-batch etc). There are a lot of people with OEM rotors /pads on this forum who haven't experienced warpage. Can only speak from experience - since the splash guards were installed on my G over a year ago, I have not experienced the "Return of the Judder" :icon41:. Prior to this my OEM rotors were machined twice - both times due to judder. The pads stayed OEM as well. I even have a new set of aftermarket rotors/pads ready to install - have had both for close to a year but surprisingly rotors and pads are holding up well now.

dohturdima 04-06-2011 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by jaeisber (Post 5794794)
I am having the same issue. Just got my car a week ago ('08 with 27,000 miles) and it has the brake judder. Didn't think it was anything at first as I thought the car had been sitting for a bit and the brakes just needed wearing in...but not the case.

I called the dealership and they said it was not going to be covered under warranty...I complained and said that other have had it fixed under warranty and that this is a known issue with 07-09 G's...I have an appt tomorrow morning to have it taken care of, hopefully they do it for free.

If they won't honor the TSB under warranty, get the Infiniti Corporate involved. That's what I had to do with my dealer...