G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   V36 Brakes, Suspension, Wheels & Tires (https://g35driver.com/forums/v36-brakes-suspension-wheels-tires-374/)
-   -   07-09 Brake Judder TSB fix (https://g35driver.com/forums/v36-brakes-suspension-wheels-tires/349246-07-09-brake-judder-tsb-fix.html)

jaeisber 04-06-2011 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by dohturdima (Post 5794999)
If they won't honor the TSB under warranty, get the Infiniti Corporate involved. That's what I had to do with my dealer...

Yeah, we will see how tomorrow morning goes. If they end up telling me they wont cover it, I will make a call to Infiniti corporate right in front of them.

jaeisber 04-07-2011 06:07 PM

Everything went well at the dealership. Had the tsb performed under warranty.

RealMothaEffinG 06-16-2011 03:18 PM

i brought my car in yesterday for this and they said the parts are on international back order...is this true?

djfarhan 06-16-2011 03:21 PM

^ maybe cuz of the japan earthquake....

Gee35S 11-09-2011 02:55 PM

Got this TSB performed this past saturday all under warranty (FREE). Although it was at the second dealership that it all went smoothly...first dealership I tried (closer to my home) attempted to tell me TSB did not apply, its a wear issue, wont be covered under warranty etc etc...Wont ever be going back there again!

yarrh 02-06-2012 02:01 AM

My 08x had the judder issue since ~25k on the odo so I brought it to Kings Infiniti at 31,500 with a copy of the service bulletin in hand. My front pads were worn to 3mm so I planned only to have the new guards installed that visit and purchase some aftermarket rotors/pads later. The service guy pointed out that my pads are extremely low and they probably couldn't install the new shields alone without replacing my pads at cost. I told him forget about it and just do an oil change.

He then presumably consulted with infiniti and told me that they'll replace the pads and they would try to turn the rotors under warranty. An hour or so passed, and he came back with one of the knuckles and showed me that a bolt was stuck behind it so they will replace that piece as well. They ended up giving me brand new pads, rotors, and part of the front suspension all under warranty. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised at the wonderful service. Although the next day I noticed that my g35driver license plate frames were replaced by the dealership ones and they were nowhere to be found. I can't complain after all that work!

mishmosh 02-06-2012 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by yarrh (Post 6318499)
Although the next day I noticed that my g35driver license plate frames were replaced by the dealership ones and they were nowhere to be found. I can't complain after all that work!

LOL. But you are right, I probably wouldn't be complaining either. Glad everything worked out for you. I think Infiniti needs to make warranty/tsb issues more uniform across dealerships. Some dealerships are playing hardball for a reason--either too low reimbursement or Infiniti is rejecting some work orders and not (the same) others.

jkat13 02-06-2012 11:49 AM

I just got the brake judder TSB done at 58,000 miles. This is my second trip for the issue. The first trip was at 44k and they would not do it then saying I had too many miles. I paid for the rotors to be turned at that time. Of course, within a few thousand miles, the judder was back.

This time around, I expressed my opinion that the TSB calls for bigger splash shields so it must be a design defect. They performed the TSB (new pads, rotors and the shields), no questions asked.

G35power 02-06-2012 03:04 PM

Ok Dealer is telling me that Infiniti Extended warranty doesn't cover the New rotors and they cannot submitted the claim for this TSB to replace dust shields for the front brakes. Because TSB requires the failed part number, since failed part is rotors, extended warranty doesn't cover new rotors or machined them.
So that why they cannot replace only dust shields with this TSB. If dust shield cause the rotors to fail due to heat, why they expect me to pay for new rotors or to machined them? I called Infiniti Corporate and filed the case. Hopefully people from corporate will give ok. My car is 2007 with 41k miles

G35power 02-10-2012 10:06 PM

Took my car for inspection today, yes it has problem. Got a call later on they, Denying work because extended warranty doesn’t won’t to pay and they didn’t approved good fill. Let’s see what corporate will say! Anybody had this kind of problem and Infiniti warranty

aozmaxed 02-19-2012 05:21 PM

One dealer, Metro Infiniti Montclair CA, refused the work because of my 41K miles, out of warranty. But I'll try another local dealer of course. To me this is definitely a safety issue. That dealer will only fix the problem under warranty ONLY if it's a recall, not just a TSB, just another excuse. Regardless based on my prev experiences with Metro, e.g. cannot fix erratic idle, etc. I'm not going back to them nor can recommend them.

delboy 03-27-2012 03:59 PM

Got a 2007 G35 journey with the exact same issue. My mileage is 70K so it is out of warranty? Do I just need to order new rotors and pads to correct the issue? If so, got any recommendation for any aftermarket slotted/cross drilled rotors at a reasonable price?
The TSB does not state any specific work to be performed other than possibly changing the rotors and pads.

Does anyone have any advice??

vqsmile 03-27-2012 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by delboy (Post 6386666)
Got a 2007 G35 journey with the exact same issue. My mileage is 70K so it is out of warranty? Do I just need to order new rotors and pads to correct the issue? If so, got any recommendation for any aftermarket slotted/cross drilled rotors at a reasonable price?
The TSB does not state any specific work to be performed other than possibly changing the rotors and pads.

Does anyone have any advice??

IIRC, part of that TSB is to add a new splash guard around the rotor. Personally, I think it's a band-aid to the problem and not particularly necessary if you're replacing pads and rotors (which I think are the real root of the problem).

As far as recommendations go, a quick search should turn up dozens of threads here on that very topic. The one thing I will say, I think drilled rotors on the average G is really more for looks than any useful purpose, but if you do get some, I'd make sure you get a good quality; when poorly made, they are a liability unto themselves.

EbbAndBlow 03-27-2012 08:18 PM

I just sent an email to Infiniti about it. Hopefully they will do the work under warranty. I know last time I went in they said my pads were really low, but I checked with my local mechanic and he said they were almost new. So I am skeptical about how Infiniti will handle this.

selahvie 08-25-2012 12:59 PM

I had this in the rear brakes on my 07 G35x with 79K. I just replaced the rotors and pads with aftermarket ones last night and the judder seems to be gone - just one drive so far, so i guess time will tell if this fixes the issue permanently (or at least until it's time to do the brakes again).

If anyone is curious, these are the rotors I used:

And here are the pads:

Just over $90 for both pads and rotors...