07 G35S 5at - Technosquare Reflash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 01:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
quick question, after the injen intake is installed, how well would our cars compete with a stock bmw 335? (something tells me this question is gona spark a huge debate hehe )

Old 07-01-2008, 02:10 AM
Stock 335i will still be faster but not by much, 'Tuned' 335i will kill us.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:58 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry to burst bubbles, but you won't have 300whp with an intake and tune.

Dyno's are TUNING TOOLS. Same car, different dyno can show 30 whp or more difference.

Look at starting points, and finishing points. If car X gains 10 whp with mod X, then hope for around that gain.

If he started with 290 whp and went to 300whp on that dyno, but you start with 245whp, don't expect 300 whp.

Old 07-01-2008, 04:19 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Yup ... easier to see big gains on a turbo car with aftermarket chips.

Originally Posted by ikagan

Old 07-06-2008, 01:51 AM
man this stuff can get so confusing. and i don't even feel like that big of a newbie, i remember being a newbie on the vwvortex.com forums (back when i wanted a VW GLI instead of my current g35), but i feel its less confusing with a turbo car, u just get it reflashed and they up the boost and thats it. with our cars, theres the TS reflash, then i here about accessport, and uprev does something else. some people say tune, some say reflash. but with the vw, i remember it being a problem with dealers, because dealers would know when the car was chipped and wouldn't honor the warranty. will infiniti know if we have a reflash/tune?. and do we really have to send our ECU to technosquare for this??? man thats annoying. the most important thing to me though is the warranty part, and i would imagine if you do something such as play with ur engine's brain, then they won't touch ur car..

Old 07-26-2008, 12:40 PM
The Infiniti G35 already has a CAI from factory. Let me explain, the air intake box that you see on each side of the car has an extension the reaches past the radiator on each side to get air from beyond the engine bay. So, nearly all of the intakes eliminate this feature, including the long tube types that grabs air from the lower in the engine, you are still loosing the ram air affect. The intake "extensions" are about 2 inches wide and 4in tall, in there with on screw and two tabs. You are also loosing the shieldinf and if is it is replacing the tubes with shiny ones, you are loosing the heat insulation effects of rubber for the heat conduscive metal. Aluminum is not as bad as other metals but it is still metal. What the earlier chum said is correct, you will have more power when it is cooler out, hot day-forgetaboutit. CAI is about cold, denser air, more hot air - not sure.

So, the aftermarket intakes are louder, sounds great. The benefit is increased air flow, velocity stack, and the sound. Hot air is counter productive but more hot air might make a difference. If you wrap them, may lower the temperature, I would definitely go with long tube.

I am not saying don't get the CAI but understand what you are getting. I am really interested in someone else doing a test with Stillen, note the temperature outside too and if the hood is open or close, if the car is warmed up or not.

I am not saying don't buy but understand what you have already and the benefits/drawbacks.

I am all about performance so I hope the claims are true for additional HP and torque.

Old 07-26-2008, 03:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
doesnt GTMotorsports do these relfashes on the HR motor as well?
http://www.gtmotorsports.com/product...roductid=16603

Old 07-26-2008, 09:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GTM is who's doing terrycs's 450 rwhp twin turbo deal. They can do tuning with a piggyback.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:35 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by 07 G35S Sedan
Today I have an appointment @ 2pm with TS to have my car dyno tuned after the installation of the Injen CAI. Anyone interested in meeting there is welcome to come by.
you have a PM

Old 08-15-2008, 01:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you my friend are AWESOME! i have wanting to know the result of that combo for some time now. Keep me posted

Old 08-15-2008, 06:03 PM
I’ve been following this threads on the TechnoSquare re-flash and aftermarket CAI’s. I own and 08 G35S sedan. The car has virtually all options. I have the FI cat back exhaust installed and the Stillen CAI.

On August 4th my ECU was sent to Japan by Tadashi at TechnoSquare to pull the data off the ECU so Tadashi can tune the car. The ECU was returned to me yesterday and I am scheduled to go in Monday for the re-flash and dyno run. I will take pictures and post next week. Tadashi does not like after market intakes on the sedans. I will see if we can run the dyno with both the stock intake and the Stillen CAI to answer the question on the Stillen CAI. I am going to get the K&N filters for the stock set up so the run with the stock intake will be with K&N filters installed. We’ll see what happens and if the Stillen is what everyone seems to think it is, I’ll be pulling it off and going back to stock. I’ll post next week on results. When this is done Tadashi will have what he needs to re-flash 08 sedans.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:57 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^ NICE!!!! keeps us posted plz!

Old 08-16-2008, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by JGKG35
I’ve been following this threads on the TechnoSquare re-flash and aftermarket CAI’s. I own and 08 G35S sedan. The car has virtually all options. I have the FI cat back exhaust installed and the Stillen CAI.

On August 4th my ECU was sent to Japan by Tadashi at TechnoSquare to pull the data off the ECU so Tadashi can tune the car. The ECU was returned to me yesterday and I am scheduled to go in Monday for the re-flash and dyno run. I will take pictures and post next week. Tadashi does not like after market intakes on the sedans. I will see if we can run the dyno with both the stock intake and the Stillen CAI to answer the question on the Stillen CAI. I am going to get the K&N filters for the stock set up so the run with the stock intake will be with K&N filters installed. We’ll see what happens and if the Stillen is what everyone seems to think it is, I’ll be pulling it off and going back to stock. I’ll post next week on results. When this is done Tadashi will have what he needs to re-flash 08 sedans.

We love you

Old 08-17-2008, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by JGKG35

He! Gl mann! Keep us post. i have 08 G35x running with HFC's &All stock since i have read many thread about afteramrket intake.I might consider to
have mine reflash.How much they cost anyway.

Old 08-17-2008, 04:47 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by ikagan
Tuned 335i will not kill Terry's sedan

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 07 G35S 5at - Technosquare Reflash