Cobb tuning is ready!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 09:26 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Is the 18-20 Hp at the wheels or crank. If crank thats what like 3-5 whp not worth it IMO..

Old 04-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
20bhp x 0.20 = 15whp
If it was crank hp, it's still not bad.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My friend has a 3 said there is a tune that can push it to 480whp lol, Did you get your Exhaust through IND btw?

Are the maps for the g37 any good to us? It might give even less cause we don't have vvel.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Incidentally, why would you want to wait for the Cobb tuning when you can get the UpRev Osiris tune for our cars right now.

I just had my car reflashed with the Osiris software this weekend at GT Motorsports, but didn't have time for the final dyno tune, which will take apx 3 - 4 hours. I plan to bring it back in a week or two for the final tune, and will post my results after that.
My understanding is that UpRev Osiris is not available for HR sedan, unless you live near a tuner who can tune it up for you. This is what I wrote them last week:

"I am just trying to get an understanding of this product and the guys on G35driver have been very helpful.

Is this product available for the 2007 G35x sedan. I do not have a tuner for this product in Ohio and am considering the Standard product.

Thanks,

Brian ("DrGeeMD")"

The reply I got back on 4/6/2009:

Brian,

Your car is the HR motor correct? Currently we do not have enough base tunes to support the HR properly with Osiris Standard, and we're not looking to get the bad rep that everyone else has on the HR by rushing to market with a product that doesn't have the tune dialed in.

If your car has the RevUp (DE) motor then you should be good to go!

Rich-

So I don't think this is an option for people without Osiris tuners. There are none in Ohio, so Cobb or PowerPup are my only options, unless I drive a state over for a tune.

Doc

Old 04-08-2009, 01:01 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by DrGeeMD
My understanding is that UpRev Osiris is not available for HR sedan, unless you live near a tuner who can tune it up for you.
Doc
Yeah, sounds about right. I also wrote to them a week or so ago and they told me to pick a reputable shop in my area and they would work with them to tune my car.
They don't have a set of tunes to just ship out. Your car will need to be tuned locally.

I'm now on the fence... waiting to see results from this.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Csquared
My friend has a 3 said there is a tune that can push it to 480whp lol, Did you get your Exhaust through IND btw?

Are the maps for the g37 any good to us? It might give even less cause we don't have vvel.
Ya, I got it from Tony@IND

Afaik, there is no tune that makes that whp. SHiv just tuned a car wiith AM turbos that made 515whp

Old 04-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by san~man
I've never took a vid of the exhaust yet, maybe when I'm off the weekends again.

How does that Osiris tune load, from their handheld?
The Osiris tune loads directly from any laptop to the OBDII port... all you need is a cable and a license for the Osiris software, which you get with the initial tune.

Originally Posted by crazystand
Is that with the K&N and the Berk HFCS?
That's with the Berks and the Tanabe exhast, so I imagine that's where some of the power gains are coming from. The K&N's are on, as well, but the car was baselined with them on, so they aren't included in the gains.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by DrGeeMD
My understanding is that UpRev Osiris is not available for HR sedan, unless you live near a tuner who can tune it up for you.

Doc
I think this is partially true... Although, some tuners like Sam at GT Motorsports already has a pretty good database of base tunes for the HR motor, so imagine the guys down at UpRev in TX must have a pretty decent database already. Sam actually found a base tune that was very similar to mine (same ECU number and similar mods) that he was able to successfully flash to my ECU this past weekend. Like I said before, I still have to take it back to him to have him tweak it to my car on the dyno, which he says to do it right takes about 3 - 4 hours, but even without the custom tweaking the car still runs MUCH stronger than before the reflash.

You may want to try e-mailing UpRev with your ECU number and mods and see if they might have a base tune that might work for you. If so, then you could run that for now and have the custom tune donw another time when you are near an Osiris dealer. You wouldn't have to pay for the license again, so all you'd really be paying for is the dyno time for them to do the custom tune.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
You may want to try e-mailing UpRev with your ECU number and mods and see if they might have a base tune that might work for you.
Worth a try, but I'd be surprised... they certainly didn't offer anything like that to me.
They made it clear that I'd need to get the car tuned.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:24 PM
Yeah, I'm surprised they didn't offer this to you, as well. If you do go this route, then you will most likely need to buy the tuner version of the Osiris software, which includes th tuner cable for downloading the tunes, http://www.gtmotorsports.com/product...cat=487&page=1.

The other option, if you can be without the car for a coupe of weeks, is you could always pull your ecu and send it to Sam at GTM and he can flash the tune for you and then send back your reflashed ECU... similar to how Technosquare does it.

Just a few suggestions...

Old 04-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
THanks for the info. I don't regularly drive to my neighboring states so this may still be much of an inconvenience but it's def worth looking into. Aeson, if you give this a try, let me know what they say to you.

I'm still kinda hoping the Cobb will be sweet, as soon as SOMEONE POSTS us the results. lol.

Old 04-09-2009, 05:00 AM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Csquared

I stand corrected, as this is pretty damn close. This guy (a retailer for a particular tune) says there's 460rwhp in there:

1 series (same motor), dual cone intake, down pipes, intercooler, ~100 octane. Oh, btw, it's an automatic

Old 04-09-2009, 05:04 AM
My friend is on the forums too and actually has one of the fastest 335is today.
He says its a great mod but the car is being abused to the point where the car wont last 30,000 miles if people drive under high boost all the time with that Juice Box.
I believe he has a Juice Box, not sure but he's pushing 530rwhp on his 335i and is actually at the mechanic shop now and he said he should be pushing over 600 when he's done. I have no idea what he's doing but he's a rich foo, so im sure he's spending a lot.

Sux we cant get that much power off a damn chip

Old 04-09-2009, 11:07 AM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
^ 600whp?? im guessing he will need some engine internal work done as well, but i would never want such a car that could land me in to SOOO much trouble

Old 04-09-2009, 05:14 PM
^thats what im guessing he's doing, cuz he wont tell me, that bastard lol

And also live in the worst place for cops, GLENDALE FTL!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cobb tuning is ready!!!!!