2007 G35X front passenger side noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 06:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry 2007 G35X front passenger side noise

My 2007 G35X had a weird humming noise, somewhere at the front end, and also a small vibration
The sound appears at speeds above 30 mph, the faster you go, how louder it gets,

The mechanic from a local garage has driven the car, i hoped it was the passenger side front wheel bearing, but the sound does not change when you take fast corners.
He thinks the problem is in the front differential, but he is not sure.
The sound is not following the engine rpm, so it must be somewhere in the drivetrain.

I tried to make a video of the sound, while the mechanic was driving my car, but the quality of the video is not that good.

The mechanic is not 100% sure where the problem is, he told me to go to the Infiniti dealer to get it checked out.
There are only 2 dealers in the Netherlands, but i think i do not have much choice.

Has anyone ever heard of front differentials making this kind of noise / vibration.
If you have any tips, please let me know.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:29 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Change the fluid in the front diff, that will tell you a LOT about the overall condition of it. While you're down there inspect the driveshafts (cv axles) for wear. My guess however is it IS the wheel bearing since my rear made a humming sound that increased with speed and no other ill effects.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:16 PM
Today i tried to remove the bearing from the car, so i could check it.

I removed the axle nut, and the 4 bolts that hold the bearing in place, but the bearing did not came loose from the car.
Do i need a press to get it out, or am i doing something wrong?
I used some force to get it off, but not too much, because i did not want to damage the bearing or the hub.

All tips are welcome

I have an appointment with the Infiniti dealer next week, but i am thinking about cancelling it, and just replace both wheel bearings
1 hour at the dealer costs about the same as 2 new bearings, if i could replace them myself.

What would you do, if you were me?

Old 11-13-2017, 05:40 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
It's just a lot of corrosion holding you in place, once the 4 bolts are removed on the back the hub and bearing come out as an assembly. You do have the drive axle nut removed yes?

Old 11-14-2017, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
It's just a lot of corrosion holding you in place, once the 4 bolts are removed on the back the hub and bearing come out as an assembly. You do have the drive axle nut removed yes?
Yes, the driveshaft nut and cotter pin were removed, on the photo you see the driveshaft is slided in a little bit, so that part was loose.

I think i found the part number of the front bearing online, it should be: 40202-EG36C, is there anyone who could double check this for me?
If this number is correct, then these bearings are used on a lot of Infiniti's types, EX, FX, M, and G35/37

I found this ebay link, these bearings are from Germany or Poland, if they fit i will order them.
http://www.ebay.nl/itm/RADNABE-VORNE...4AAOSw3h1ZW20q

Old 11-14-2017, 12:05 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
I would check a part number on rockauto.com or something, the dealership won't be able to help with the bearing part number because it's sold OEM as an assembly already pressed into the hub.

https://www.infinitipartsonline.com/auto-parts/2007/infiniti/g35/x-trim/3-5l-v6-gas-engine/front-suspension-cat/front-suspension-scat

Part #1 is the hub/bearing assembly.

Old 11-14-2017, 01:22 PM

When you click on the ebay link you see this picture (or the link is not working)
This is the complete hub assembly, including the abs magnet ring.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.