G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   V36 General Tech Questions (https://g35driver.com/forums/v36-general-tech-questions-377/)
-   -   How do YOU make your G35 Sedan faster? (https://g35driver.com/forums/v36-general-tech-questions/286980-how-do-you-make-your-g35-sedan-faster.html)

Ball.Saxbury 05-09-2009 01:56 AM

How do YOU make your G35 Sedan faster?

I'm just about to get my hands on an 08 G35x, it's got everything but the sport trim. Very, very nice car. I am in love with it.

Anyway, I'm hoping to do some minor performance work to the car to add a little horsepower - I found some good performance headers on eBay for under $100.

Has anybody found a good air intake kit for this car?

And what have you done to make yours faster?

johnnyzee 05-09-2009 02:23 AM

leave the intake alone, get drop ins, HKS or K&N, most intakes cause a loss in power and drop ins are much cheaper.
if you really want an intake though, i believe JWT intake is the only one that shows gains (i could be wrong). it looks promising but a little too much $$$ for a few HP).

then...
get an exhaust (cat back).
get a high flow cat
get a reflash (or do it yourself with a bullydog)

by the way, there's no such thing as "good performance headers on eBay for under $100."

RickyGill 05-09-2009 02:30 AM

you can get a lot of performance mods from the marketplace, intake, exhaust, headers, etc..., and itll save u a few bucks. if i were u id stay away from the those ebay headers also.

E-Ticket Ride 05-09-2009 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by Ball.Saxbury (Post 4201615)
I'm just about to get my hands on an 08 G35x, it's got everything but the sport trim. Very, very nice car. I am in love with it.

Anyway, I'm hoping to do some minor performance work to the car to add a little horsepower - I found some good performance headers on eBay for under $100.

Has anybody found a good air intake kit for this car?

And what have you done to make yours faster?

Like johnnyzee said, there is NO such animal.

Ball.Saxbury 05-09-2009 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by johnnyzee (Post 4201662)
leave the intake alone, get drop ins, HKS or K&N, most intakes cause a loss in power and drop ins are much cheaper.
if you really want an intake though, i believe JWT intake is the only one that shows gains (i could be wrong). it looks promising but a little too much $$$ for a few HP).

then...
get an exhaust (cat back).
get a high flow cat
get a reflash (or do it yourself with a bullydog)

by the way, there's no such thing as "good performance headers on eBay for under $100."

What exactly is a "drop-in?" Are you just referring to a high-flow filter? I believe the car already uses cloth K&N-style filters stock.

What kinds of results can you get with Bullydog? Significant or not?

Ball.Saxbury 05-09-2009 02:38 AM

Also, does anybody have any rough numbers on what kind of power gain one can get from a good cat-back exhaust and/or higher-flow cat?

WhosUrBuddiee 05-09-2009 08:33 AM

Sell it and buy a faster car

fecurtis 05-09-2009 08:48 AM

Whats with the influx of folks buying these cars, wanting to mod them, yet having no earthly clue as to what "mods" even are?

I don't mean to sound like a douche or anything but really? $100 headers? Not knowing what we mean by drop in filters?

Why is it that people who have no idea about automotive technology want to change every single possible thing in their car?

AesonVirus 05-09-2009 09:17 AM

Take an hour and read through the tech section.
It will save you a lot of time and we won't have to rehash every single subject again here in a new thread.

You're a new member, so welcome!... and congrats on the new ride. It's a pretty friendly crowd here but you'll catch some flak if you don't read up before asking questions. Everything you've asked so far is covered 100 times over.
Like any new member, you have a lot of reading and catching up to do.

Again... welcome :)

stardust 05-09-2009 09:47 AM

Is the search function broken?

Gdrift 05-09-2009 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by stardust (Post 4201939)
Is the search function broken?

working fine for me.

earth0 05-09-2009 02:48 PM

READ READ READ!!!! do some search before asking question.

KuroV36 05-09-2009 10:29 PM