Strafe feedback

Old 04-12-2012, 07:18 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Strafe feedback

Sorry for the long post, I bolded the important parts.

My brother ordered parts for his friend in the last week of December 2011:
Inven front poly
Impul sides poly
CS rear fg

AMS heat extractor hood CF (They told me not to order the hikkatadori hood because they were as weak as a "waffle")
Eyelids fg
Strafespeed trunk fg

Shipping took a little longer than expected, around 3 weeks. But they told me the truth (which I did not believe at first), that there was a snow storm and it delayed the shipping - stated in the tracking number. I forgive them for that.

When we went to the border to pick up the parts, the package was missing the hood and eyelids. The border is not close in any way and getting through takes 30-60mins, I do not own a truck, we had to RENT a truck $$ EACH TIME I PICK SOMETHING UP.

I found that they didn't give me a contact number to call, so I looked on the box and gave VIS Racing a call while sitting in the truck at the border. They told me "the hood will be here in a few days because the hood I ordered had some issues and they are remaking a new one for me with RAIN GUARDS."

A few days later, still no news. Sent a few messages and no reply. Sent some emails, finally a reply. So after another 2-3 weeks, the post office calls me and tells me my package has arrived. I was so excited and skipped work to go to the border to pickup the remaining stuff. Once again, I rented a truck $$. I opened the box and to my surprise, IT WAS THE WRONG HOOD (INSTEAD OF AMS HEAT EXTRACTOR, THEY SENT THE HIKKATADORI HOOD THAT THEY TOLD ME TO NOT ORDER - WITH NO RAIN GUARDS AND WITH SOME WEAVING DEFECTS AND THERE WERE NO EYELIDS.

I immediately sent them an email and they told me to send the hood back and they will send the actual hood. I asked them to at least give me a partial refund or cover my travel expenses. I gave them an awesome option that would have kept our relationship very positive, but they refused. I asked them to give me an awesome deal on a SECOND hood. They gave me retail pricing, so an extra ~$900.

They gave me three horrible options to choose from, I told them to give me some time to decide. I chose one of the horrible options and it was probably the best option I could choose. A day later, they took back the only reasonable but still horrible option. The only option left for me is to drive the hood back to the border to pickup the hood, and return the hood at the same time or else they will charge me.

So I was like f*** it, I will just use the hood I didn't want in the first place. But I will just ask for the RAIN GUARDS that were supposed to come with the hood and for the STILL-MISSING-EYELIDS.

They were helpful until exactly 60days after the payment ( the last day I could do a CC chargeback). I told them I was going to file a claim due to missing parts and they immediately gave me a reply.

They said NO RAIN GUARDS will be given, but they will give me a discount on them. WTF? They were supposed to come with the hood.
They said the eyelids are still being made so they aren't available. WTF? After three months of emailing and waiting, you finally tell me they are still being made?

MATERIAL OF THE FRONT BUMPER - When I first opened the box, it looked okay. When I touched it and put it on my car, it felt totally different from my previous poly urethane parts from ARCH INDUSTRIES. It felt totally different from the poly IMPUL SIDE SKIRTS FROM THE SAME ORDER. Feels like SOFT RUBBER, I scraped it VERY LIGHTLY going down speed bump and there was a missing chunk - thank god it was underneath.

FITMENT OF SIDE SKIRTS - One side is 8.5/10, other side is 7/10. Rear part of the sides has a pretty nasty gap. Side with 7/10 is about an inch short overall, so it had to be stretched.

HOOD FITMENT - was not a good fit, had to do a few adjustments and sanding. AND THE CF WEAVING ISSUES.

RATINGS AND FINAL WORDS:

Lawrence Rating: 3/10, straight forward, no negotiation possible, felt like everything was hopeless when I was talking with him.
Dustin Rating: 8/10, much more reasonable, gave me hope, kept me from calling my credit card company
Overall Rating: 5/10... BAD - probably due to how Larence deals with things and makes the entire company seem shady.

Will I return to them again: No, never.

Last edited by wonton1017; 04-13-2012 at 02:14 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:11 PM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
Well suffice to say you were the guy I was referring to in another strafe thread where I suggested that, as you put it originally on niclub- you might have made out okay. Well- at least you had your hopes up. And actually in my post (I can't find it anymore because there are so goddamned many anti strafe posts in here) I had hoped it was the beginning of a new strafe.

Well now- you've been screwed as well in regular fashion. And- I'm happy to report that strafe, though no longer a vendor here because of... Well... Whatever reasons- continues to be a vendor here while wearing differently colored undergarments.

So while this type of treatment is unquestionably strafe- and they have been raked in roughly 1/3rd of all vendor feedback threads- I'm finding it hard to even explain this.

Okay. I'll try. Two dudes start a business. Make money by screwing people out of parts and charging them for cancelling. These dudes make said parts- already 50% paid for- available to some other customer for deep discounts (15%) and quick shipping (room is running out in the single car garage, donchaknow) and all parties are happy. But wait! Happy consumer discovers the part isn't what they wanted- oh, but strafe will step up and make some ridiculous deal with them to buy time until whatever chargeback cost entitlement expires and they either get away with it or charge the unhappy whatever they need to in order to maintain their profit. Basically they then refer back to their necrotic terms and conditions that some flunk out legal student they hired wrote up while he was on roofies and also getting 4cked in the donkey.

So this happens time and time again and evidently someone at g35 or ib said: wait... We only have 1 meg of data available on our site... And about 3/5ths of it is people complaining about strafe- so lets make sure we heavily edit anything to do with their belligerently unprofessional business. Because, it will look bad on them and what looks bad on them will look bad on us. So they task their mod crew to run around and eradicate any sort of evidence any number of people with gripes with strafe might have. Which they do and as I've said before included some profound admissions from the good boy out of the two- and that broke my back and I finally got sick of it and refuse to renew my premier membership.

And no we are not even done yet. You and a dozen Guys like you come in complaining not only about being ripped off but insofar as I'm concerned criminally mislead- they lose their status as a vendor and one of them is banned outright (rightly so) only to return under another name with 100% of the ownership being the same as precisely 50% (and if that d1ckhead " firefighter" actually registered the business 100%) of the company that screwed all you people is the same... Which is a drama sandwich that makes me want to barf in the face of queen herself...

And if that (other) dirty, no good, rotten, four flushing low life calls himself a firefighter then I am ashamed to call myself one. He is disgusting. He is a miscreant.

And I swear to Christ if this is actually happening, and this "other" business is allowed to do business in g35- I will copy and paste a link of every thread I can find that slams strafe and their flagrant disrespect to the mod community.

I am absolutely retching at the suggestion that ib has so little respect for its members that it would even consider this mockery of business.

I'm also nauseated by guys in the new member thread clinging to Dustin's ***** on his new business venture. Yeah- he was the better one of the two but I'd rather the politician I know is a 4cking retard than the one I'm made to think is legit who ends up shoving his d1ck in your @ss While laughing all the way to the bank.

Holy 4ck this has me angry.

Last edited by Eno; 04-12-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:22 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Originally Posted by ITNKICN
Well suffice to say you were the guy I was referring to in another strafe thread where I suggested that, as you put it originally on niclub- you might have made out okay. Well- at least you had your hopes up. And actually in my post (I can't find it anymore because there are so goddamned many anti strafe posts in here) I had hoped it was the beginning of a new strafe.

Well now- you've been screwed as well in regular fashion. And- I'm happy to report that strafe, though no longer a vendor here because of... Well... Whatever reasons- continues to be a vendor here while wearing differently colored undergarments.

So while this type of treatment is unquestionably strafe- and they have been raked in roughly 1/3rd of all vendor feedback threads- I'm finding it hard to even explain this.

Okay. I'll try. Two dudes start a business. Make money by screwing people out of parts and charging them for cancelling. These dudes make said parts- already 50% paid for- available to some other customer for deep discounts (15%) and quick shipping (room is running out in the single car garage, donchaknow) and all parties are happy. But wait! Happy consumer discovers the part isn't what they wanted- oh, but strafe will step up and make some ridiculous deal with them to buy time until whatever chargeback cost entitlement expires and they either get away with it or charge the unhappy whatever they need to in order to maintain their profit. Basically they then refer back to their necrotic terms and conditions that some flunk out legal student they hired wrote up while he was on roofies and also getting 4cked in the donkey.

So this happens time and time again and evidently someone at g35 or ib said: wait... We only have 1 meg of data available on our site... And about 3/5ths of it is people complaining about strafe- so lets make sure we heavily edit anything to do with their belligerently unprofessional business. Because, it will look bad on them and what looks bad on them will look bad on us. So they task their mod crew to run around and eradicate any sort of evidence any number of people with gripes with strafe might have. Which they do and as I've said before included some profound admissions from the good boy out of the two- and that broke my back and I finally got sick of it and refuse to renew my premier membership.

And no we are not even done yet. You and a dozen Guys like you come in complaining not only about being ripped off but insofar as I'm concerned criminally mislead- they lose their status as a vendor and one of them is banned outright (rightly so) only to return under another name with 100% of the ownership being the same as precisely 50% (and if that d1ckhead " firefighter" actually registered the business 100%) of the company that screwed all you people is the same... Which is a drama sandwich that makes me want to barf in the face of queen herself...

And if that (other) dirty, no good, rotten, four flushing low life calls himself a firefighter then I am ashamed to call myself one. He is disgusting. He is a miscreant.

And I swear to Christ if this is actually happening, and this "other" business is allowed to do business in g35- I will copy and paste a link of every thread I can find that slams strafe and their flagrant disrespect to the mod community.

I am absolutely retching at the suggestion that ib has so little respect for its members that it would even consider this mockery of business.
I'm also nauseated by guys in the new member thread clinging to Dustin's ***** on his new business venture. Yeah- he was the better one of the two but I'd rather the politician I know is a 4cking retard than the one I'm made to think is legit who ends up shoving his d1ck in yoru @ss While laughing all the way to the bank.

Holy 4ck this has me angry.

Not sure where you are getting your information about IB's and the staff's role in all of this, but you have been misinformed. Your perception is far from the truth. Sorry you feel this way, if you'd like to question me about this feel free to send me a PM.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:39 AM
Eno
Oh I will but not while I'm on an iPad- too much to type. And to lend some perspective- I typed the above on an iPhone.

Funny that you call me out on my bullsh1t... Yet I don't think I ever saw you guys jump on strafe's. Call my assumption one of deductive reasoning- in that I'm not sure how else you could explain how this has been left to happen so long.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:50 AM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by ITNKICN
Oh I will but not while I'm on an iPad- too much to type. And to lend some perspective- I typed the above on an iPhone.

Funny that you call me out on my bullsh1t... Yet I don't think I ever saw you guys jump on strafe's. Call my assumption one of deductive reasoning- in that I'm not sure how else you could explain how this has been left to happen so long.
We do not give nor can we take away vendor status

We can only bring issues to the attention of IB which we have done countless times.
IB spoke with Strafe multiple times giving them a chance to straighten up.
Once we showed all the Strafe feedback threads to IB and expressed our concern
IB then took action and revoked their vendor status.

We are all aware of what happens on this forum and we try to do the best possible job with the tools that are given to us. We are not paid to do this and we do not take bribes from vendors to look the other way. We try to be impartial in every aspect of what we do here whether it is a vendor or a member.

The following 9 users liked this post by Glex25:
BAUSauto (04-13-2012), bigc (04-13-2012), Blue Dream (04-18-2012), CandlestickPark (04-13-2012), Eno (04-13-2012), NFSP G35 (04-13-2012), parhamm1 (04-13-2012), ShanesG (04-13-2012), TIAN (04-13-2012) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-13-2012, 02:06 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
@ITNKICN

I was going to keep this issue with StrafeAutomotive to myself, but it really bothers me when I see the issues everyday that has never been resolved, I wouldn't want anyone else going through what I had to go through.

Issues that bothers me till this day:
- Weird front bumper material (way too weak)
- No rain guards + weaving issues
- No reimbursement for their mistakes in anyway which has caused me to spend double the gas/time/rent$

Old 04-13-2012, 11:49 AM
Eno
Wonton- take a look around the feedback thread man... which I'm sure you have already. Loads of guys just like you going through exactly the same thing.

I'm going to cease fire- I think I've made my opinions on the whole thing more than clear. CSP fulfilled his side and let me vent over PM and responded so his cooler head has prevailed.

With that being said, I still hear guys over at niclub recommending Strafe... you might want to tell the boys over there to shut that **** down.

Maybe we'll see you over at MNR one of these days! Better luck in your future purchases!

Last edited by Eno; 04-13-2012 at 12:54 PM. Reason: CSP ;-)
Old 04-13-2012, 04:19 PM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Hey OP, you generally have up to 180 days or six months to open a dispute to initiate a chargeback. I say do it.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:23 PM
Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts
Everyday there is at least one new thread on this popping up.. I assumed when I received my parts from Strafe last year that it was normal to get what you paid for in a timely fashion. The only thing I found very strange was that I couldn't get a tracking number and finally received one the day after the package arrived at Estes Shipping. The other weird thing was my fiberglass bumper was made out of green fiberglass which is the worst color for a front bumper that will get road rash chips and end up looking like crap to the point that I just bought a new poly bumper.

I guess I was one of the lucky ones.. and I feel bad for the mods who have to keep dealing with this same crap especially when they dont get paid for having to spend endless hours on this bs.

To those of you who will continue to buy from them moving forward under their new name and put up a thread to complain then you should look in the mirror and ask yourself why are you so thick headed! Moving forward that is.. If you place your order today or later you are an idiot unless you pay for something you can immediately go pick up. Next time we see a thread complaining, instead of flaming strafe we should flame the buyer

If you see a fire would you stick you hand in it?

The following 3 users liked this post by SuperCleanG:
Blue Dream (04-13-2012), Eno (04-13-2012), outcasted g (04-13-2012)
Old 04-13-2012, 10:01 PM
Eno
Yeah I knew wonton had been dealing with this for awhile so I still felt bad for him- since before a lot of these other threads popped up. So I still feel bad for him- suffice to say, however, this well has run dry. I will still make certain I play my part to ensure they know the score... But if they dismiss the warnings and roll the dice... This well has run dry.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:45 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Originally Posted by Glex25
We do not give nor can we take away vendor status

We can only bring issues to the attention of IB which we have done countless times.
IB spoke with Strafe multiple times giving them a chance to straighten up.
Once we showed all the Strafe feedback threads to IB and expressed our concern
IB then took action and revoked their vendor status.

We are all aware of what happens on this forum and we try to do the best possible job with the tools that are given to us. We are not paid to do this and we do not take bribes from vendors to look the other way. We try to be impartial in every aspect of what we do here whether it is a vendor or a member.
Well said, and very true.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
wats the difference between ordering directly from vis vs a middle man? is it price? cant be the quickness of delivery since vis has to send to middle man then middle man sends to customer.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alright, I'm glad I'm not the only person having MAJOR issues with these guys. I ordered an OEM lip from them on Feb 20. I have YET to receive it. They have no phone number. Responded to a single email a month ago (I've sent about 10 now) saying they are waiting on it from the distributor. I'm not going to let them make money off me. I was going to post on their FB page but they deleted that. Is it so hard to give me a status on the lip I ordered? I've let them know NUMEROUS times that they are holding up my car being finished (I'm waiting to repaint my front bumper and lip at the same time). It's so friggin frustrating. WHY NOT HAVE A PHONE NUMBER? I'm going to make sure that they go under (which I know they already are) but not quietly.

It does seem like they are the middle man, and don't ever tell you. I bet they get everything from China and had I known I would've just imported directly.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:22 AM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
The Staff would like for the OP's issue regarding Strafe to be resolved. If posts are made in this thread that do not pertain to the specific issue the OP is facing they will be deemed off topic and will be deleted by a Staff member.

Please see the Stickied thread in this subforum:
https://g35driver.com/forums/vendor-...er-vendor.html

The following users liked this post:
CandlestickPark (04-18-2012)