Big thanks to the guys at KNS Brakes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 12:01 PM
Received 232 Likes on 183 Posts
Big thanks to the guys at KNS Brakes

This is overdue and for that I have to apologize to the guys at KNS. A few months ago I bought a used AP Racing BBK from another member on the forums but somewhere along the lines one of the brake pads went missing. Not a huge deal, and knew what I was in for (or so I thought) as the seller was up front and let me know what the situation was. What I did not know was how damn difficult it would become to track down the correct pads.

Note to any future AP buyers - it's a pain in the anus dealing with Stillen if you need help tracking down replacement parts and don't have the exact part numbers.

I'd gone back and forth with different vendors that carried the AP kits in the hopes that one of them would be able to supply me with replacement pads, but since the calipers had been refinished I wasn't able to find a correct / accurate part number for them. I even offered to just buy a set of pads for what I thought (based on links supplied by the seller) were the correct calipers and eat the loss if they weren't right, but even that wasn't acceptable to the vendors I'd spoken with.

Enter KNS. I trolled the forums for a bit remembering that there was a semi-local brake vendor and found one of KNS's ads. Sure enough they were about a 90 minute drive. So I called them up and explained the deal, they were more than willing to have me come up with the parts I did have (7 pads and 4 rotors) to try and help me match them up for some new stuff.

I probably spent most of a good 3 hours with them that day flipping through supplier books and trying to get straight answers from Stillen before we had the correct part numbers. These guys went WAY above and beyond in order to help me out with what was a relatively small sale. I can't say enough about their professionalism, knowledge, and dedication to helping a complete stranger get what he needed.

My thanks and future purchases for anything brake related goes to KNS. Definitely will do business with again without a doubt.