West Serving AZ, CA, HI, NV

AT check light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 03:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation AT check light

Howdy all, hoping someone can shed some info. 2004 G35 sedan, with auto trans.

driving along, and all of sudden AT check light on and vehicle didn't want to move forward all that much, slipping band? not really... when band slips you can kinda feel it... and this didn't feel like that, but yes gave a lil gas and slow to engage and move forward. got home and reversed it up drive way with out any issue. shut vehicle off went inside to grab code reader, no codes and now AT light is off, and now the vehicle engages and moves forward normally.

here is some back ground info. last September the IPDM (relay) unit went south from corrosion, after 13 years I accepted it paid the 1.3 K and called it a day. few months back, noticed water pump would stay on after I shut off car.. checked relay and yes corrosion WTF? so I popped em all out and lubed with dielectric grease and replaced relay.

64K question is, and im thinking I know the answer, if AT dose not get proper amount of current, can it cause the issue I just had?

Old 09-08-2017, 03:30 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
There would be a huge Cascade of problems from not having proper voltage, not isolated at the transmission. I would check the fluid levels first, start with the simple thing

Old 09-08-2017, 04:10 PM
Fluid check was done about 1500 miles ago, and there is no leak. But hey for the sake of argument... I will do that now. nice n pink normal amount ... its not fluid or level of it, by the way... what load you use to take that squirlusgiganticus

Old 09-08-2017, 05:46 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
If there's no obvious signs of failure on the vehicle it will probably require a trip to the dealership since the TCM data isn't read via OBD2

I have no idea what that last word was you used either.

Old 09-08-2017, 06:34 PM
LOL your pic giant squirrel kill...

Old 09-08-2017, 08:19 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Ohh that lol, yeah... long story.

Edit: ok I can make it a short story, so about 13 years ago when my son was born we took him over to my grandma's house and she had bought him a pack of G.I.Joe figures (yep, not a good toy for a 6mo old). So I was playing around with them at the house and when we left there was a dead squirrel next to our car... and this lightbulb turned on in my head.

I ended up taking a dozen or so photos (brand new Kodak digital camera from my father-in-law) of different poses with the action figures on the squirrel, some more inappropriate than others... and posted them on a silly photo website and they were REALLY popular for a couple years, I kept seeing the squirrel pics pop up in random places on the internet.

My wife was SUPER pissed too, she used to be a massive germophobe and me playing with a dead squirrel triggered her bad, she put on disposable gloves and threw away the two Joe's when we got home.

The End

Last edited by cleric670; 09-08-2017 at 08:30 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.