G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Wheels & Tires (https://g35driver.com/forums/wheels-tires-25/)
-   -   Infinti Service found BENT Front Lower Control Arm (https://g35driver.com/forums/wheels-tires/10303-infinti-service-found-bent-front-lower-control-arm.html)

Spyder500 09-24-2003 01:52 PM

Infinti Service found BENT Front Lower Control Arm

I took my car into service last Friday 9/19 (Laser Red G35 6MT). Just my first 3000 mile oil change, clutch problem and doing some recalls (both windows rattle, both door panels rattle, drifts right, clutch/tranny engage squeal sound, driver seats rocks, etc). So they gave me a free loaner car (G35 Sedan Auto) which is beat up as hell with 9000 miles and a scratched up body and squeaky brakes.

Here's the reason why I thought it pulls to the right...
Suposedly....
Service Bulletin Num : 03028 Date of Bulletin: ?
Type: Coupe
Component: FRONT AXLE/SUSPENSION
Summary: Steering Drift to the Right
IF YOU CONFIRM: The vehicle has a tendency for a constant drift to the right on a straight, flat road at highway speeds. NOTE: A vehicle is said to drift, if The vehicle completes a lane change in less than 7 seconds and with no steering correctionfrom the driver and when driving at 60 mph and all four wheels must pass into the other lane during this time (7 seconds) and while driving on a crown-sloped road of less than 1 percent.
ACTIONS: Verify the incident drift as described above. Install the right front suspension compression rod from the Parts Information section of this bulletin.

I told them that my car pulls (drifts) to the right on high freeway speeds. But when they went to look at it, they found that my front right LCA is bent. I called them everyday since Friday to get the status of my car, everytime I call they had no updated information but that it was still and currently being worked on. So they finally called me yesterday and told me what has been the hold up. Of course bent front LCA, ordered the part yesterday (tues) and the part should arrive today (wed). So I asked them when it's gonna be done, they said they don't have a ETA finsh time. So I guess I dont get my baby G until the end of the week ;(

Thing is, I have no F***ing idea how in the hell it could be bent in the first place. It only has 3000 miles and since the day I bought it, driving a few days later I found it started to pull right. I didn't drive it on any rough surfaces or hit curbs and etc. I only occasionally ran over some shallow pot holes that were unavoidable.

I just hope they get it fixed soon and it comes outta the shop.
BTW, I was orginally planning to go to the Bay Area 9/20 meet @ Custom Exotica but since I had the beat up Loaner Sedan I didn't feel like going. + you guys would have freaked out like how dirty, scratched, and baddly treated this Loaner G35 Sedan Auto was..... I was shocked to see how sh!ty it was treated. But I can't complain, it's still the best rental/loaner car I have ever driven. Infinti is the only car manufacture that lends loaner cars for customers when there car is in service I believe. Even my dad's Benz's dealership doesn't have a loaner car service. Which makes me glad I bought a Infiniti =)

Merlin 09-24-2003 10:31 PM

Re: Infinti Service found BENT Front Lower Control Arm

Wonder if it got bent during transport from the port, since they have to really strap the cars down on those transports.

https://g35driver.com/rides/spec/pix...1050858796.jpg

Spyder500 09-25-2003 09:08 PM

Got my car back today 9/25. It's been with them since last Friday 9/19.

They fixed my drifting right problem. ITB03-028. Says on my service sheet they replaced right front compression rod, bushing, and the LCA.

They also found out why I thought a noise I heard was my tranny/clutch going bad. (heard noise from the rear passenger).
They removed right rear brake pad and found it burnt/cracking. They replaced it with a set of rear pads (Pad Kit - Disc Brake -44060-CD094) and road tested my car. No more noise.

Drives better than when I bought it new. =)

They sure took a friding long time, but they did a quality job. Even wash and vaccumed my car as well. And gave me the loaner Sedan G35 the whole time it was sitting at the shop.

g35mt 09-28-2003 12:55 PM

Spyder,

what was the problem with the noise on the door panel? i am encountering that noise on the passenger side. What did your dealer to fix it? Thanks.

g35mt

redwillow 09-28-2003 03:01 PM

dude alot of these dealerships are a bunch of cheap @sses... they won't stock the CARS, much less the (known TSB) parts to fix them......seems like everything has to be ordered, hey at least you got a loaner and got it fixed. I'm suprised they didn't try to charge you for the repair since (they said) it was bent. Consider yourself lucky!

03 6MT coupe, red/willow, premium, aero, splash guards, alum pedals, clear corners, 15% tint