G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Wheels & Tires (https://g35driver.com/forums/wheels-tires-25/)
-   -   Lowering Springs (https://g35driver.com/forums/wheels-tires/43365-lowering-springs.html)

frofan 02-04-2005 11:15 PM

Lowering Springs

I have searched for hours and have learned alot about the differant setups, but I'm still a noob. I have a few questions that I just want to make sure I know the answer to.

I want the most drop possible without throwing my camber too far out of whack. I want to be able to adjust back to factory spec, or within 1 to 2 degrees. I also want a spring that will give me the best performance at the track.

With all this, I have a feeling that the z h-tech or the z rsr drop springs might be my best bet. What do you recommend for the most drop staying close to factory spec, and the best perfomance?

frofan 02-06-2005 12:10 PM

No one knows which of these are the best, or could recommend a better spring for my needs? I'm going to be running 19" 9.5 and 10.5 Volk SF Challenge wheels.

Gsedan35 02-06-2005 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by frofan
I have searched for hours and have learned alot about the differant setups, but I'm still a noob. I have a few questions that I just want to make sure I know the answer to.

I want the most drop possible without throwing my camber too far out of whack. I want to be able to adjust back to factory spec, or within 1 to 2 degrees. I also want a spring that will give me the best performance at the track.

With all this, I have a feeling that the z h-tech or the z rsr drop springs might be my best bet. What do you recommend for the most drop staying close to factory spec, and the best perfomance?

Based on what you want get the RSR springs ment for the Z and I would also recommend getting Tokico D-spec shocks as well. Only way you will get better performance is to go with a coilover and then I take issue with spring rates, most coilover setups us pretty high spring rates.

TCFOOL 02-06-2005 03:41 PM

I used the RSR springs for the 350Z........ Have similar setup as you!

TC

kenchan 02-06-2005 06:48 PM

>within 1 to 2 degrees

hehehe...1 or 2 degrees outside spec is a HUGE difference! :eek: :D
car looks rediculous from the back without camber correction if
2 degrees outside the tolerance..needs to be at least within -2.5 to
look decent. (eibachs made the rear about -4 camber with proper toe-in)

I'll be putting on my D-Specs in about 2 days. Hope to take her out for a test
drive later on this week. :)

silver04 02-07-2005 12:49 PM

Kenchan,

Please let us know how the D-spec install and test drive goes.
I'm sure there are a few people here that will be interested.

Thanks
mike

kenchan 02-07-2005 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by silver04
Kenchan,

Please let us know how the D-spec install and test drive goes.
I'm sure there are a few people here that will be interested.

Thanks
mike

Will do. :) Car's already on jack stands today, waiting for the
parts to arrive probably tomorrow.