G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Wheels & Tires (https://g35driver.com/forums/wheels-tires-25/)
-   -   Wheels and suspension for close to stock ride height? (https://g35driver.com/forums/wheels-tires/466245-wheels-suspension-close-stock-ride-height.html)

SimplyDusk 03-21-2019 10:12 AM

Wheels and suspension for close to stock ride height?

So this is my first post on here and after looking around on the site I couldn't find what I was looking for. I am not entirely sure if this belongs in suspension and brakes, or wheels and tires so I took my best guess.

But to the meat of the question. I'm looking to have as close to stock ride height on my 03 g35 coupe but I want to have a clean fitment. (basically just want to pass the shoes test) I was wondering what you guys think would be a good idea as far as suspension and wheel size goes. I am trying to avoid scraping as much as possible because the car is my daily and I do prefer to park in my driveway as well as go over speed bumps.

If there is a better place for this or a post that I failed to see please let me know! And I look forward to discussing with you guys in the community on future forums!

Ps: a picture of my nearly stock baby <3
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/g35driv...6649c62a37.png

cswlightning 03-21-2019 12:54 PM

Welcome, nice looking G! We seem to have the same goal with our cars as far as lowering without negatively affecting the handling qualities or ride height.

Assuming budget is a factor, the most optimized setup for cost and handling are square 18" wheels (19s look and handle well but tires are $$$), OEM 350z springs (06+ are stiffer in rear), and the required front/rear camber kits preferably from a reputable brand... As far as shocks/struts go KYB is a quality product for a good price.

Good while you're in there maintenance stuff that will also make improve handling are polyurethane suspension (control arms, sway bar, steering rack, compression rod) bushings... Never heard any squeaking or had any downsides with Whiteline over a few years of hard use.

gary c 03-21-2019 08:02 PM

Best advice, and you can tell from the pic of SLICK I know what I'm about to tell you! Forget lowering your coupe, springs and camber kit alone will cost you over $1k+ and then there's a issue of finding anyone that knows how to align altered suspensions! Spend you $$ on maintaining your suspension along with aftermarket sway bars and "Power grid adjustable end links" for a tighter suspension!
Gary

SimplyDusk 03-21-2019 08:49 PM

I'm not too worried about cost and my one issue with just getting 350z springs is there isn't an adjustment factor. So do you think maybe some kw v3 coil overs and some 19in squares?

cleric670 03-21-2019 09:54 PM

If you want adjustability then you're pretty much stuck with using coilovers. The 350Z revised springs will give you a 1/2" drop on the coupe. The rear can be "adjusted" by trimming down the giant rubber stopper at the top of the spring. Use a sawzall or portaband or something to shave it down the desired amount.

The question you should be asking yourself is what SPRING RATES do you want.

cleric670 03-21-2019 09:58 PM

If you want to see what they look like on a coupe check out my profile, there's a couple pictures and I'm using 350Z revised springs. 1 pink dot front and 2 red 1 purple dot in the rear.

SimplyDusk 03-21-2019 09:59 PM

That's why I am asking lol I haven't changed suspension or wheels and tires before so I'm wondering how I should go about it with the goal being stock height from the ground but having as low as possible wheel gap primarily I guess what size wheels and tires I should get to obtain that and adjust the ride height accordingly

SimplyDusk 03-21-2019 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail (Post 7164152)
If you want to see what they look like on a coupe check out my profile, there's a couple pictures and I'm using 350Z revised springs. 1 pink dot front and 2 red 1 purple dot in the rear.

That's actually not too bad, I think I could get those and some slightly bigger wheels with smaller tires for compensation and get a good look goin there

cswlightning 03-22-2019 09:01 AM

On a daily you're going to be putting a lot of miles on replacing all your bushings will be a nicer upgrade than the drop, makes the car feel new again riding over rough roads and really tightens up the handling when driving it hard.