Canada Serving Canada.

VentureShield vs Nano-Fusion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 10:16 PM
Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts
VentureShield vs Nano-Fusion

We've all heard how great 3M VentureShield is...anyone know about Avery Nano-Fusion Paint Protection Film?

Stephan (detailer) recommended me to an ebay source he's used that sells both but the Nano-Fusion costs a little bit more, for the same precut pieces.

On their site I can buy http://cgi.ebay.ca/All-Infiniti-3M-Scotchgard-Hood-Fender-Bumper-Film-Kit-/170627857797?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27ba367d85#ht_2358wt_905 so why does it cost $971.00 (including the film) to have it installed as per a local quote I just received?

It really seems a bit much. How many hours should it take an experienced installer to do Bumper, 24" hood, fenders and mirrors?
I'm not trying to 'cheap out' I would appreciate an explanation/justification for charging $732 labour.

Old 07-18-2011, 11:07 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Haven't heard of that one Paul.
That quote you got is very expensive.
I think I got a bit more applied on my FX than you will get on your sedan and it cost $560 for the Venture Shield. I dropped mine off in the morning and picked it up after lunch.
Who quoted you that crazy high price.

Old 07-19-2011, 06:08 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
I'm betting it was the mobile guy (Marco?)
He was very expensive when I got a quote one time.

Old 07-19-2011, 03:32 PM
Better quote

I received a better quote from KW PAINTSHIELD. $600 tax incl for everything. Now we're making more sense, to me anyway.
__________________________________________________ _
Separate costs,
Bumper kit, installed, $350.00
Hood/Fender (using factory 24” film) + mirror backs, installed: $300.00

Packaged discounted deal for both kits above, installed: $600 w/manufacturer lifetime warranty.
A receipt and manufacturers lifetime warranty card are provided.

VentureShield vs Nano-Fusion-2011-inf-g-sport-ppf_kits.jpg

Still waiting to hear from the guys near Simone.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:54 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Make sure you're comparing apples to apples, not all kits are the same, nor are all installers. I may be mistaken but the link you provided is 3m? I know 3m owns VS, but they still have (literally) dozens of grades of film, ranging in quality from acceptable to an absolute mess. My understanding is that for VS premium (the clear coated, almost invisible, thick stuff) you'll likely pay ~$450-$500 for a laser cut kit. I could be wrong, who knows with Ebay. As for applying yourself, grab a mirror kit locally for $50 and give it a try. I've seen about 1,000 clear bras installed and tried a mirror once, it looked...great? :P

RE: avery vs VS, in my experience avery still has quite a bit more texture than VS. It is often used on white cars because they guarantee it will not yellow; however on any other color the difference in texture is quite obvious.

As for pricing, I've always said, and maintain, that if you find a place that charges less and are happy with the work then by all means use them. That applies in my industry too. That said, a lot of times you get what you pay for. There is a reason some installers have such overwhelmingly positive reputations.

Last edited by Picus; 07-20-2011 at 08:58 AM.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:12 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
I received a better quote from KW PAINTSHIELD. $600 tax incl for everything. Now we're making more sense, to me anyway.
Separate costs,
Bumper kit, installed, $350.00
Hood/Fender (using factory 24” film) + mirror backs, installed: $300.00

Packaged discounted deal for both kits above, installed: $600 w/manufacturer lifetime warranty.
A receipt and manufacturers lifetime warranty card are provided.

Attachment 140791

Still waiting to hear from the guys near Simone.
That price is much more realistic as long as it is Venture Shield and the guy stands behind his work.
As far as that first price quote of $971 you got, I sure could not afford those inflated prices (maybe some people could, but definitely not me)

Old 07-20-2011, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by GEE35FX
That price is much more realistic as long as it is Venture Shield and the guy stands behind his work.
As far as that first price quote of $971 you got, I sure could not afford those inflated prices (maybe some people could, but definitely not me)
I confirmed with the guy that it would indeed be $971. That's paying well over $100/hr to install a clear-bra. I'm beginning to think that's the ' I'm very busy so go somewhere else ' price. lol.
2 other quotes I have range from $600 to $740 installed with tax, for VentureShield.
I am still waiting to here back from the guy beside Simone and I have contacted him twice. I'll give him until Friday to respond.
I'm going to KW Paintshield today (on Victoria St) to see his work. According to his website he's done some pretty nice vehicles so hopefully it looks good first hand. He said it would take most of the day for him to install the whole front end. With that I figure he's charging about $65/hr. That seems more reasonable and fair to me.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:11 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Just a thought. If you hire two plumbers and they charge the same amount (say, within 10%), one finishes the job in an hour and it is done properly, the other finishes in 3 days, and it is done properly; do you feel like you've received a better value from the one who finished in 3 days?

On a serious note, just make sure you're getting the same product (VS ultra premium) and the same kit. Comparing otherwise makes no sense. People have asked me before why the kit makes a difference, I will tell you why.

Say I am doing your bumper and have a kit with a seam. I can buy that kit for say, $150. If I am doing it without a seam I will pay, roughly, double. Why? Because the kit with the seam is cut from a 30 inch bulk piece, thus there is very little waste. The non seamed kit is cut from a 60 inch piece, so 40-60% of the material is waste. Why not use the seamed kit all the time then? Well, it has a seam which will be obvious after the install. Most installers will use a kit with a seam (see the ebay link above) because it will save them money and most people will overlook it. Some installers will not do a seamed kit because they know it is not the best install they can do on the car. It's actually a lot like detailing. I could remove all your swirls in 2 hours for $120, but they would be back in a week. Instead of doing that I do the work properly and charge 4x as much...some people dont see the value in that, some do.

Hopefully these posts dont sound pedantic. I have a good amount of experience with the clear film industry and am just trying to give you guys info. Sometimes it seems like one installers price is way too high for no reason, but when you actually compare the nitty gritty the reasons start to make sense.

Either way I hope you get a quality install at a price you are comfortable with. Cheers.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:30 PM
The $600 guy and $971 guy both use VS, both use precut non-seam kits (post#4).
A $371 difference is just to much. I now have quotes of $575, $600, $740 and $971.
If I can purchase (retail) the same kits for $230, I can only assume they pay a little less.

I'm going to go look at a new black Vette that the $600 guy is doing today. He said we should expect to see a few bubbles that have trapped moisture but they evaporate over a short period and become invisible.

Anyone have their Black car clearbra installed that had a few bubbles that went away shortly afterwards?

Old 07-23-2011, 11:10 PM
Staff ALUMNI
The $600 guy and $971 guy both use VS, both use precut non-seam kits (post#4).
A $371 difference is just to much. I now have quotes of $575, $600, $740 and $971.
If I can purchase (retail) the same kits for $230, I can only assume they pay a little less.

I'm going to go look at a new black Vette that the $600 guy is doing today. He said we should expect to see a few bubbles that have trapped moisture but they evaporate over a short period and become invisible.

Anyone have their Black car clearbra installed that had a few bubbles that went away shortly afterwards?
Solution bubbles are normal on any film install - the film is porous, so the solution will evaporate over time. In this weather a week - 10 days is normal. Solution bubbles will almost always be round, very distinct, and sort of cloudy. Stretches, silvering, etc will appear more like stretches in the film or almost look like scratches in the film. Those will not go away.

As far as I know you can not purchase the non-seamed kit for $230. The one in post 4 is seamed, with reliefs on the fenders and bumper. I may very well be wrong, but afaik the non seamed no relief kit is min ~$490, which goes some way towards explaining the difference in price.

Best of luck.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by Picus
Just a thought. If you hire two plumbers and they charge the same amount (say, within 10%), one finishes the job in an hour and it is done properly, the other finishes in 3 days, and it is done properly; do you feel like you've received a better value from the one who finished in 3 days?
If you hired two reputable clear-bra installers who both did a very good job, installing the same brand of product, in the same amount of time but one of them charged 61% more than the other; would you be happy if you paid for the more expensive job? I know I wouldn't.

FWIW - I have had both positive & negative feedback for the expensive installer.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:25 PM
Hi Wayne - I finally heard back from Sean at The Detailing Shop
They did a great job on your FX so I think I will go out of my way (a little bit) to use them too.
BTW - his price is; Bumper $300, hood/fender/mirrors $240.00. So with taxes in, $610.00.

Now, what can I do in Newmarket to kill a day while they work on it?

Thanks

Old 07-25-2011, 02:30 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Hey Man,

Why don't you head over to the guys that vinyled my car.....they do everything 3M. PM me if you want more info

Old 07-25-2011, 02:46 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Picking up my new Blk/Blk '11 G37S 6MT on July 25th..
...so do you have it yet????

Sean is a good guy.
I had my last G done there & when I got the front lip later, he did that gratis.

Don't forget to do the top of the rear bumper (trunk loading)

Old 07-25-2011, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by InTgr8r
...so do you have it yet????

Sean is a good guy.
I had my last G done there & when I got the front lip later, he did that gratis.

Don't forget to do the top of the rear bumper (trunk loading)
I emailed them this morning. I am supposed to get it today at 6pm. I sure hope so.
"Its in process right now. I think later today is safe. Say 530 to 6 . I am here until 830 tonight.
Raj Ahuja
Guelph Infiniti Nissan"

See post #49 here for reason https://g35driver.com/forums/canada/...pinions-3.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VentureShield vs Nano-Fusion