Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unsatisfied with iSimple Kit. Very mad right now.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 10:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What bit rate are your mp3s? Ive found that lower bit rate mp3s wont play as loud and the sound quality will be a lot flatter. I would say try ripping a couple songs from cds you own that have a wide sound range and see how that sounds. Also, make sure you go in to your ipods music settings and turn off the sound check setting. I usually have my radio volume at around 18 on the freeway and my ipod is at around 20.

Also, what are your bass and treble settings on your hu? Is your audio full stock other than the PXAMG? Stock I was at +2 treble and bass, now that I added my sub, I am at +2 treble and the bass is flat with the bass boost on the ipod and it sounds pretty good.

Old 03-30-2009, 10:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im using an iPhone people hahah. dont have a nice iPod...using iPhone..

Old 03-30-2009, 10:41 PM
On stock radio (bass = 4 / treble = 5 / fade = 0 / and auto volume control thingy = HIGH). If i decided ot keep this, i'd like ot use my scroll wheel (i have a first gen ipod) im gonna try it tomorrow and see how it works..

Old 03-31-2009, 01:35 AM
try putting the control thingy off what this does is that as the vehicle speed decreases, the volume of the stereo decreases, suppose to be so you can hear sirens and what nots while you're stopped at a light and you'll be more aware of your surroundings.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:12 AM
^^ i know what its supposed to do, but even at a stand still the volume isn't very good..

Old 03-31-2009, 05:10 PM
I'd check your iPhone Settings -> iPod and make sure that Volume Limit is set to Off. Also it could be a Sound Check issue as well. Try turning that off to see what happens if it's on.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:30 PM
the volume limit is off...im possibly going to accept this...i just need to figure out how to work the "ipod" through the actual device instead of the radio..it is a BITCH to navigate through songs...its in alphabetical order, but takes forever if you have a playlist starting in W or something...

Old 04-03-2009, 05:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chrischil
the volume limit is off...im possibly going to accept this...i just need to figure out how to work the "ipod" through the actual device instead of the radio..it is a BITCH to navigate through songs...its in alphabetical order, but takes forever if you have a playlist starting in W or something...
Maybe this would help:

If you want to operate using the iphone controls, you need to go to AUX1 instead of IPOD input on the unit. Select the Radio button until you get to the Isimple, after you hit it (but not too long afterwards) you push up (or maybe its down) on the tune button. It moves it to the various inputs of the Isimple. When in Aux1 mode, you can use the controls on the ipod. (The steering wheel controls still work for skipping tracks fwd/back.)

You're right on not being able to change the HU audio setting when using the Isimple. From what I can figure out, dip 2 on the unit forces the RDS on the HU to update every 2 seconds. So, you can actually adjust the audio settings, but you actually only have 2 seconds to do it before the display updates and kicks you back out. Annoying. But you can switch back to radio or cd and adjust the settings and move it back.

(I have a theory, but haven't tried it yet, that if you disable dip 2, you'll be able to adjust the audio and such, but may not get RDS text from the ipod.)

As far as audio quality, I had to set the soundcheck to off on my Iphone. Also, if you have your Iphone equalizer on, it impacts the sound that comes out of the adapter. So, if you have a "dance" or "jazz" equalizer setting on the Iphone enabled, you'll get more bass biased sound out of the stereo.

Suggest you look at the settings on the Iphone.

One thing that I eventually noticed on my setup: If I was in Aux1 mode playing the Iphone and a call came in on the bluetooth, I would get both phone and ipod simultaneously from the stero. (Only from the front speakers however).

I agree that it is hard to scroll through the ipod lists using the HU. I now make me more playlists so I can go through them faster than selecting albums in a huge list.

Hope that helps you some

Old 04-12-2009, 11:05 PM
Okay guys...so I was told by my brother about this product Wal-mart sells...apparently, it is like one of those old 1990's tape deck/Cd player thingies, and DUDE...not only does it WORK...but the sound is 100% factory matched....I listened to one song using my iSimple kit, and then the same song w/o it (using this tape thing)..and omg, my Dad could even tell the diff. (and he's not reallly into car audio, or let alone...loud music)..wow. talk about how much money i COULD have saved, if i had known about this sooner...$180 iSimple Vs. $10 wal-mart phillips (cassette/mp3 adapter)....

Will post pics soon and videos afterwards..

There are drawbacks..I mean,

With iSimple =

Advantages - Charges while you listen
- very discrete in it's location (no revealing wires exposed)
- can choose between 2 modes (SAT [has steering wheel controls and radio controls) and (AUX 1 [ can use FULL control of iPhone/ including iPod mode, but cannot use steering wheel/radio controls)

Disadvantages - Sound quality DEF. NOT factory...Often my mp3's are low and mostly treble...very little bass.
- - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

W/ Phillips (cassette/mp3 adapter) =

Advantages - SOUND IS SUPERB. I mean, 100% factory Match
- not a permanent install..won't need to remove anything
- COMPLETE control of stereo audio options (i.e., bass level, treble level, fade, SVC, etc etc)

Disadvantages - Does not charge while playing
- you can't use radio controls (except vol. control + steering wheel vol. control)

Will post video/pictures soon!!

Old 04-12-2009, 11:15 PM
its a tape adapter. no need to post a video..

Any your only getting the sound quality of a tape deck. Your xfering the signal to the tape head. Very old technology

If you had the other one either fixed or reinstalled (if thats the problem) the other would be alot better sound wise and be more user friendly.

I install a couple of those a week and ive yet to have one customer come back with any complaints. The periphial version works even better

Old 04-13-2009, 08:52 AM
Why would i need to have the other re-installed? Didnt they install it correctly the first time? If they didn't...it wouldn't play, right? I'm sorry, but the iSimple kit does not give me that flawless factory sound (that the tape deck thing does). You honestly think i should pay best buy $50 MORE dollars to 'uninstall and reinstall' this iSimple kit will "fix" my sound? I'm not arguing w/ ya bro, im just asking...it just sucks I have to pay $50 to get them to install/labor....I'd do it myself, only I don't f**k w/ taking the dash out...i ain't got that much time on my hands.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:18 AM
just because its making sound doesnt mean its installed right. like another user said its more then just a plug and play type deal. And if best buy didnt install it right the first time would you really take it back?

The following users liked this post:
Carlcar (02-20-2012)
Old 04-13-2009, 01:10 PM
If there is something wrong with your isimple kit, then I would try to look in to it more. Try talking to isimple, check the quality of your mp3s, or something. I have the isimple kit installed on my car, and it sounds great. I will admit that the aux2 is a little flat, but my ipod plays a full range. I have noticed with lower quality mp3s, I wont get as much bass response sometimes, but that is obviously because of the mp3 and not the isimple kit.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:18 PM
mp3's don't matter (cause the tape deck thing make them sound flawless)...and also if i burn them (mp3s) to a CD and play them, i have outstanding sound/ bass + treble = flawless.....Mattahios you sound like you know what im talking about....the quality is flat...mostly treble with little bass....im used to getting back massages from CD's like "808's and Heartbreak" or any other rap or electronic album. Anyways, i just dont wanna have to pay $50 to get them to 'uninstall' and 're-install'...i might have to do it sometime, but just not anytime soon . im due for an oil change soon hahah those , i hear are around $60-80. haha

Old 04-13-2009, 04:25 PM
How high do you play the radio when using the adaptor?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Unsatisfied with iSimple Kit. Very mad right now.