Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pioneer stereo overheating

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 10:56 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Pioneer stereo overheating

Good morning all!

I just moved to texas and am experiencing a new issue. It happened yesterday after I left my car facing west in an open parking lot and my temp gauge hit 110 when I got in my car. I imagine that the black dash was exposed to the sun all afternoon and it got very hot in there. When I was driving home, my stereo cut power for at first 1s, then turned back on just fine. then a few minutes later after playing it for a little, it cut out for about 10s.

is this just my stereo telling me its too dam hot? I am gonna get those window blockers to try to keep my cooler, plus some good window tint. but does this sound like a heat issue? I just had the harness reinstalled by an audio shop and was completely fine driving from philly to Houston with it without it restarting once (ac was on the whole time)

Old 06-26-2015, 10:20 AM
adding to the case - it happened to me this morning also. so I don't think its an overheating issue.

I called the place that installed the stereo and he said its going into protect mode and that something is tripping it. He suggested it was a speaker. So my front left speaker has been having issues with not being very loud... if its shot in some way, could the change in resistance be causing issues with my amp that would cause the stereo to trip?
the speakers are infinity kappa 60.9cs.

If necessary, im not opposed to getting a new set of speakers up front if this will solve the issue of a speaker going bad as well as my stereo tripping

Old 07-06-2015, 09:55 AM
ordered a new set of speakers... however I disconnected the RCA's for my front 2 speakers from the amp. same problem. even when im sitting still it will happen. VERY randomly though. Not every day, but it will happen like 5 times in a row, then stop.

does the amp still provide power to the speakers without an input line? enough that a faulty crossover or speaker could trip it?

ANY help please!!!