My SPC A-Arm installation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 04:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aleok
bump
I looked at the images and I had a SPC engineer look at them and it looks like they are installed correctly. Do me a favor and give me a call on this so we can get it taken care of for you. We are open 10-6 est. Mon-Fri.

Old 11-02-2006, 11:48 PM
call the toll free number, and ask for peter? will do.

Old 11-06-2006, 05:26 PM
I can't call from my calling area. ??? Peter, I sent you a PM.

Old 11-06-2006, 11:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No luck..the bracket barely moves at the most 3mm when u're trying to screw down the sensor. Drove it around to see if it made any difference, and the lights are still on. GRRRRRRR.......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............
i took pics from behind the hub like Aleok's pics. Let me kno if anyone is interested in seeing them.

Old 11-07-2006, 04:59 AM
what i noticed when moving the brackets around and tighting them down, is that the circle that holds the sensor gets bent and possibly scruntches the sensor. when i took of the brackets the circles weren't nice circle anymore. idk, i'm thinking of everything possible reason. but i think its because the sensors not close enough to the hub. without the shims and sensor is right on the hub, pretty much touching it. with the shims and brackets it not close to touching it.

Old 11-07-2006, 09:20 AM
Well I'm officially having the ABS sensor problem as well. I wrote about it on my thread regarding my install, and was hoping the installer could fix it this past weekend. Nope. They just returned the car to me and said that the kit is installed correctly and that it's SPC's problem not theirs. Looks like we need to start begging SPC for a fix.

My upper A arm is contacting the underside of the engine compartment. This is due to the amount my car is lowered and the thickness of the A arm compared to stock. I wish they had made the arm thinner considering most people are buying this kit for lowered cars. It doesn't look like the contact is hard enough to damage the arm, but we'll see.

This kit is so good in some areas and bad in others. As I've said before, I hate it when solutions cause more problems.

Old 11-07-2006, 11:49 AM
_jb
Photographer

If you have a good, local Infiniti dealer, it might be worth paying for an hour or two of labor to have them check things out.

Once someone finds out how they fix it, you could pass the word.

If any of you are doing the installation yourself, you could undo the spacer installation (remove the spacer) and see if that fixes your problem.

Old 11-07-2006, 12:23 PM
I am very surprise that SPC hasn't been as helpful as i thought they would be.. I figured this problem should be fixed by now, I am glad i cancelled my order 2 weeks before it arrives. Hope you guys get the answer to your problems soon. GOOD Luck

Old 11-07-2006, 12:43 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I didn't use the spacers, so I can't provide any insight regarding the sensors. I would think SPC would address the issue.

As far as the thickness of the units, from what I recall, they seem to be about as thick as the Cuscos. I guess it's just one of those things that can happen when you go that low.

Old 11-07-2006, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by _jb
If you have a good, local Infiniti dealer, it might be worth paying for an hour or two of labor to have them check things out.

If any of you are doing the installation yourself, you could undo the spacer installation (remove the spacer) and see if that fixes your problem.

haha i duno about paying the dealership out of our pockets to solve the problem. doesn't make sense.

bad enough as it is, im really getting "ZERO" help from spc or iap.

Old 11-07-2006, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by Aznteazer
haha i duno about paying the dealership out of our pockets to solve the problem. doesn't make sense.

bad enough as it is, im really getting "ZERO" help from spc or iap.
Zero help? We have been working with SPC and have been posting the information we have received from them. I have only received one call on this issue. If possible, any of those that are having the issue please call me so I can document your specific year and brake setup. This way we can see if there is something different in one of the year runs. From there, SPC WILL fix the issue.

I think you can understand that the issue has to be narrowed down before it can be alleviated. Also please understand, that not all customers have had this issue. SPC just had a vehicle back in their shop and could not replicate it.

Old 11-07-2006, 03:14 PM
if all im hearing is "make sure it's installed correctly" and "those lights shud not come on", that doesn't really get me anywhere.

i just want my lights to go off before it starts raining cuz i can feel the absence of my ABS, and traction once my brakes lock.

Old 11-07-2006, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by _jb

Well i did take off the spacers and all the lights went off. so it is the spacers or brackets that are causing the problem. i really don't see a easy fix for this. if its a problem of not being close enough to the hub, SPC will have to make a whole bunch of new brackets. because these can't be modded to go closer unless you grind off part of your car that holds the brackets, to get it closer. i wonder why each bracket has a specific side. if all the brackets do it rotate the sensor 90 deg. then either brackets could really be used.

Old 11-07-2006, 04:13 PM
FYI: i just got off the phone with Peter from IAP, and he really thinks its an 05-06 thing, saying maybe they moved something. however, this just occured to me now, if the sensor and the hub are very very close, (he gave me the dimentions, on the 03-04 models) and i have an 05, and i can see that its very very close. all the shims are the same size, and all the brackets are the same size then, it doesn't seem like there was a change, or that if there was it's not noticalbe or would have no effect.

anyway everyone having the problem, should call Peter, because the sooner everyone calls, the sooner SPC can come up with a fix. wheither its a matter of days or week, and it better not be months!
i like how they make the product, and sell to everyone, and we end up doing the research and development because the **** don't work.

Old 11-07-2006, 04:35 PM
i have an '04 with brembos.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My SPC A-Arm installation