Brake issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 05:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake issues

Hello everyone, i have a 2003 g35 coupe with brembo brakes. Recently i noticed some hesitation in my brakes. Ill hit the pedal and it will be rock hard then shudder and drop slightly then grab like normal. My abs, slip and vdc light came on while driving and i heard that could be caused by low fluid. I topped off my fluids and lights dont come on anymore but the pedal issue still remains. Under hard braking it feels like the power brake system is off then suddenly comes back on. Any ideas on what it could be? I was thinking dirty fluid (when i topped it off it looked pretty gnarly) and one of my mechanic friends said my booster may be crapping out...im going to bleed the brakes this weekend and hope thats it but anyone else experience something similar?

Old 01-18-2017, 11:28 AM
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
Sounds like the brake booster, the booster vacuum line or the check valve is/are failing.

Old 01-18-2017, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Have the brakes checked by a pro
Your life and others on the road depend on them
Have the Pads,calipers,rotors, and as mentioned above the brake booster checked and a change of Brake Fluid.
You are aware that you have a fourteen year old vehicle that most likely needs plenty of work

Telcoman

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.