Canada Serving Canada.

B.C.G.C.-British Columbia G35/G37 Club

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 11:23 PM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
Sounds really good...

And about the car- you have to save your money up for the journey to FI!

On a side note, Phil and I were working through learning the Osiris software and got a bit of an orientation on it from the boys at MNR. Unfortunately, I was under the impression through some of my efforts a bit ago that I needed to be plugged into the car to make any changes at all (I figured the cable would upload some software or a key or something to the computer so I could work on the tune while in bed, or on the crappier or whathaveyou) but as it turns out that isn't the case- I just need to have the CABLE plugged in. Sigh- I had a whole night shift I could have been trimming my tune and getting things sorted out.

Ah well!

Phil! You out there?

Old 08-11-2012, 02:00 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
^
lol-Yeah, I'm around. Three 6 day work weeks in a row of 80hrs+, sorry I haven't been maintaining things here like I should be. Lmk when you can go for a run, I've hardly done any cruising this Summer and am itching to go.

Today I received a pm from a local guy offering to make decals for the Club. You guys interested?

Old 08-11-2012, 10:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Id be in for one...well 2 actually...

Old 08-13-2012, 11:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well ive been a member here for awhile now, never looked in this section before but i wanna get 100 posts for the marketplace so ive been lookin around more
i have an 04 BS Coupe in Abbotsford

Old 08-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by mxwizard
Id be in for one...well 2 actually...
Although we're a small Club at the moment I'll likely get a batch of 20 or so made. Anyone have ideas for the sticker design/Club logo? I'm thinking it should incorporate the Provincial flag but other than that let's hear your ideas, if anybody wants to try their hand at making the design for the Club logo and stickers submit those also and we'll put it to a vote for the winner.

Originally Posted by rForce
well ive been a member here for awhile now, never looked in this section before but i wanna get 100 posts for the marketplace so ive been lookin around more
i have an 04 BS Coupe in Abbotsford
Welcome to the Club. What are you trying to sell? Send me a pm, I'm always looking for things to do to the car.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:54 PM
Thanks. Not trying to sell anything I just want to post a wanted add for a BS rear bumper, but I think im just going to wait and get a chargespeed eventually

Old 08-16-2012, 01:29 AM
Hey, just thought I'd drop in and say hello to some fellow BC G owners and to subscribe to this thread to see whats going on

And Phil just to through an idea out there for a logo you can do what I've seen others do, by taking the outline of the G coupe from the g35driver logo and just place in your own text (BCGC or whatever you want) in there.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:48 PM
^
Hi, welcome to BCGClub. That's a pretty good idea for the stickers, thanks. I'll use it in a few designs and see what it looks like.

Old 08-19-2012, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by rForce
Thanks. Not trying to sell anything I just want to post a wanted add for a BS rear bumper, but I think im just going to wait and get a chargespeed eventually
Check Craig's/Kiji often, you never know what you'll find. I found a poly lip for under $300 that's unpainted and in new uninstalled condition, I'm picking it up this week. Also try carparts.com to search scrap yards across North America for oem parts, I like looking at prices for 3.7l engines and dreaming.-lol

Old 09-13-2012, 07:52 PM
Port coquitlam BC here i just upgraded from an 03 G sedan to an O7 G35x sedan. Hi everyone

Old 09-14-2012, 04:41 AM
Eno
Eh Sheridan! Got a local shop? Got any big plans for your ride?

Old 09-16-2012, 09:02 AM
Eno
Just learned that ePhil was in a pretty bad accident recently- but it sounds like he's okay. Car is a write off and he may be out of the g community for awhile. Hopefully he will Keep us posted though I know it can be tough to keep up with everyone across all forums.

Fortunately vehicles today are designed around absorbing impact by collapsing and taking energy away from occupants- and they do this very well. Be sure you give the vehicle the opportunity to protect you during a collision: wear your seatbelts!

Newer cars even have pre tensioning systems that pull you back in your seat to prepare you for the airbag deployment- but the most advanced protection system won't work if you don't secure yourself with the seatbelt first.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by Sheridan79
Port coquitlam BC here i just upgraded from an 03 G sedan to an O7 G35x sedan. Hi everyone
Welcome to the club Sheridan! Post some pics of your car.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by ITNKICN
Just learned that ePhil was in a pretty bad accident recently- but it sounds like he's okay. Car is a write off and he may be out of the g community for awhile. Hopefully he will Keep us posted though I know it can be tough to keep up with everyone across all forums.

Fortunately vehicles today are designed around absorbing impact by collapsing and taking energy away from occupants- and they do this very well. Be sure you give the vehicle the opportunity to protect you during a collision: wear your seatbelts!

Newer cars even have pre tensioning systems that pull you back in your seat to prepare you for the airbag deployment- but the most advanced protection system won't work if you don't secure yourself with the seatbelt first.
As Ian has mentioned I was in a bad accident and my car is a write off, I stepped out of my car as if nothing had happened and basically uninjured after hitting a concrete hwy barrier almost head on at 50mph because of crumple zones built into the car, airbags and most importantly I wore my seatbelt. Without wearing it the first two safety features wouldn't have stopped me from being severely injured or worse.

The pre-tensioner does it's job, in less than a second I was pulled tight into the seat and the airbag was in my face. Always make sure your shoulder and hip belts are properly adjusted, if the shoulder belt is anywhere near the neck you can be injured from the pre-tensioner and crash. If the hip belt is worn across the stomach it and other internal organs can also be damaged.

Proper seatbelt adjustment is even more important when children are wearing them as most neck and internal organ injuries occur among them. Seatbelts, especially the shoulder strap, aren't really designed for a child and end up being worn incorrectly.

Sadly this is my last post and resignation as B.C.G.C. President.-lol My plans for the near future don't include replacing the car so if anyone wants to keep things going or a few of you want to do it jointly that would be great.

Old 12-15-2012, 07:08 AM
Richmond BC,anyone around in Vancouer area?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: B.C.G.C.-British Columbia G35/G37 Club