Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

'04 coupe throwing codes ????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 07:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'04 coupe throwing codes ????

Whats up everyone,

so while driving the other day the SES light popped up. After getting it scanned it read codes
C1109 battery voltage
P1273 air fuel sensor
P0327 knock sensor

I replaced the battery, cleaned the MAFS, and replaced the air filter in the intake. I've looked up all three codes and they some what make sense, but my question is can they possibly be faulty? What are the chances that all three go bad at the same time?

Also, upon reading otheres experiences with these codes, they all say that they noticed differences in the car or driving. Whether it be bad start up, sputtering, loss of power, bad gas mileage etc. I havent noticed anything wrong with my car, infact after replacing the battery and cleaning the MAF it runs even better than it did before.

Any have an idea what these codes are ? For the P0327 I can go ahead and replace the knock sensors assuming that will fix it but im not understanding the P1273 or C110..

Old 01-16-2014, 09:47 PM
Received 167 Likes on 147 Posts
I've gotten the battery voltage once before, but think it was due to starting my car with the alternator belt disconnected (was troubleshooting); I cleared it and it hasn't come back since. Air fuel sensor I think would be the pre-cat O2 sensor in the manifold. If you can monitor the fuel trims you'd probably get a better idea to see if there is an issue.

I would check the battery voltage though with a multimeter or take it AutoZone for a load test to make sure it's within the proper voltage range.

Old 01-17-2014, 11:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ill be doing that this weekend hopefully. As long as these aren't threatening codes I dont mind as i'll have to daily the car for the next few days until my actual daily gets a new radiator installed.

If what you said is true about the Air/Fuel sensor then I can have my mechanic take a look at it when he installs my test pipes as he'll already be working in that area. I was jst surprised that I couldn't find any diy on these three codes