Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Is the G inherently slow... even at 400WHP?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 02:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
617...Oops...I was trying to conduct an exam in my Poli Sci course and type at the same time...I meant XKR...although I am sure that you, too, are a classy guy, lol.

XKR,

The Supra belongs to a guy who hardly ever brings it out. And you can give him a race if you catch him out of his powerband. He always wants to run from 80 on up, but I tell him I will only run him from 60 or preferrably 40.

I just put the new R compound Nitto 01's on my car and man do they hook, even from a 40 punch (although that will change, no doubt, in coolder weather).

My personal view, and I know that this board does not condone it, is that I will run anyone anytime (OK, not in the rain). I don't care if I lose to a 1000hp Supra or Viper, and I don't care if you are in a MiniVan full of autistic children, its on.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 08-31-2007 at 02:25 PM.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:25 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
617...Oops...I was trying to conduct an exam in my Poli Sci course and type at the same time...I meant XKR...although I am sure that you, too, are a classy guy, lol.
Gee, thanks

Old 08-31-2007, 02:53 PM
XKR
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

XKR,

The Supra belongs to a guy who hardly ever brings it out. And you can give him a race if you catch him out of his powerband. He always wants to run from 80 on up, but I tell him I will only run him from 60 or preferrably 40.

I just put the new R compound Nitto 01's on my car and man do they hook, even from a 40 punch (although that will change, no doubt, in coolder weather).

My personal view, and I know that this board does not condone it, is that I will run anyone anytime (OK, not in the rain). I don't care if I lose to a 1000hp Supra or Viper, and I don't care if you are in a MiniVan full of autistic children, its on.
Someone is about to cry Hijack..so I apologize to the OP.

Dr_jitsu.....I thought you meant on a race track My days of doing that is over . Got caught once and was given a chance . Plus my insurance company allows me to run my car at the track for """"Driver Improvement Courses"""".... l ....So I am covered at the track. I had to beg that cop to let me off or else I would have lost that privilege . You are an adult...so you wont hear me telling you that it aint kool

Old 08-31-2007, 02:59 PM
We have an HPD officer in our club, several highly succesful bussinessmen, a lawyer, a plastic surgeon and other docs.

Not that we deserve special treatment, but we have found a certain place, at a certain time, using a very well developed system where we can run our cars hard. This may change as political developments change (and they are right now). We also do track events, 60-130 competitions (which is huge right now...there is one on Sept 29 at Lone Star leading up to a "World Championship" in Dec.).

Come out and I guarantee that (assuming you can drive) you will not end up in jail.

Old 08-31-2007, 03:06 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
This is way off topic now guys, please take it to PMs or another thread.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:24 PM
Mike,

RSI is having a huge meet next Sat (the 8th) in Houston. There will be 2 GT2's, some 996TT's (one might dyno around 800) a few 1000 plus hp Supras and Vipers, at least one Lambo and Ferrari, and tons of tuned up Japanese cars and american muscle.

You should bring your G35. http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=95796

The last meet was excellent.

Old 08-31-2007, 09:39 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
+1 XKR!

+1 ForgedPerformance. +1 Sharif = Integrity + Quality + Customer Service.

Short block builds on the VQ have exceeded 600+ whp without block failure. In fact 0 block failures to date to my knowledge.

Rods, pistons, headgasket, upgraded head studs and you're there for whatever power you wanna throw at it $4k parts, $3k labor MAX. Gonna stroke it? Gonna go over 800? Then yeah get sleeves and you need headwork to increase airflow efficiency. Mucho $$$ no question. There are some cheaper options for high hp though (W/M injection).

Looking for a track ready monster G over 500 whp (short block, TT, cooling, brakes, suspension, rear diff, EMS, tranny); then yes you will exceed $30k.

You can hit 400 whp for $10k, safely.

Check out my350z - many high hp builds exceeding 500 whp that do not use the vPRO (e.g. Alberto). More EMS options coming soon...

Porsche is a beautiful car no question, but I liked the styling of the G better. $35k G + $30k upgrades = monster car that a stock porsche can't easily compete with. Also something about customizing a build to your specs...

XKR,

Who did your work and when? Yes, the Porsche gets very expensive when you go beyond the stage 4 level. My point is that the car was built for FI to begin with and getting to the 500 whp level is (prices have dropped dramatically in the last 2 years....the real cost was in the R and D...which is now done for the 996) not that expensive, 10K nowadays.

Give my 76K and I can produce a rock solid 510 whp 996TT (540 on race file which is another $800).

The problem w/ the VQ is that the rods are pencil thin...they have to be replaced if you want a car w/ over 400 to the wheels. Also, the engine management has to be replaced.

Don't get me wrong, the G is a great car...the interiors are close to what you get in German cars and way better than the US cars...I love mine. But they are not cheap to make fast.

Would you be kind enough to give a comparison between your G and 996TT?

Old 08-31-2007, 10:59 PM
XKR
Mike,

RSI is having a huge meet next Sat (the 8th) in Houston. There will be 2 GT2's, some 996TT's (one might dyno around 800) a few 1000 plus hp Supras and Vipers, at least one Lambo and Ferrari, and tons of tuned up Japanese cars and american muscle.

You should bring your G35. http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=95796

The last meet was excellent.
If I am in town.... I will show up

Old 09-01-2007, 06:36 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
we dont sell anything that we dont feel necessary, everyone that knows us will vouch for this. i actually talk people out of more things that i talk them into . we have tons of cars with 550 hp, a utec, and a very simple build, thats easy to do. we have been installing fcons on stuff recently with the car owners request. we have stock block 500 whp 6mts and 460 whp stock block 5ATs.

its really about deciding on what shop can handle all your needs, engine building, tuning, and installation, plus have a great customer service reputation , to do everything you need.

there are shops out there to just make money, as a shop owner i FULLY understand how much running this kind of business costs. its not easy...

Originally Posted by 617G
Those shops are good at what they do, and they are also good at making money. I don't care how good a show's rep is, the WILL upsell you and tell you to buy parts you don't really need or try to sell you the most expensive parts. I know about this first hand, but I will not name names. Those shops are here to make money...period.

There are plenty of cars running the STOCK block with Arias Pistons, Eagle or Pauter rods, that are over 500whp. Search my350z...I don't have time right now to search for you.

A 350z done by my shop recently has a TN kit with Arias pistons, Pauter rods, HKS headgaskets, ARP main and L19 heads studs, and the pathfinder cooling mod, plus other minor goodies, maxing out the turbo at 450whp and 500tq using the Emanage Ultimate.

You don't NEED to sleeve, you don't NEED a V-Pro, and you don't NEED $3,000 pistons and rods....if you have the money, then go for it, but it's overkill and has not been proven as necessary.

I never said run stock block with only rods....you do need forged pistons as well, plus some other goodies, but no way does that equal to the amount of money that you posted earlier.

Like I said, my build cost me around 18k and if it wasn't for my damn 5AT tranny, I'd be running 550whp right now....as safely as you can be running non-oem FI

Old 09-01-2007, 10:20 AM
XKR
Originally Posted by Audible Mayhem
we dont sell anything that we dont feel necessary, everyone that knows us will vouch for this. i actually talk people out of more things that i talk them into . we have tons of cars with 550 hp, a utec, and a very simple build, thats easy to do. we have been installing fcons on stuff recently with the car owners request. we have stock block 500 whp 6mts and 460 whp stock block 5ATs.

its really about deciding on what shop can handle all your needs, engine building, tuning, and installation, plus have a great customer service reputation , to do everything you need.

there are shops out there to just make money, as a shop owner i FULLY understand how much running this kind of business costs. its not easy...
I agree with you....When I did my research, it was between You, FP and GTM.....so yes, I put you in the same class with Sharif. You do good work

Old 09-01-2007, 03:25 PM
If I lived closer to Jeremy or Forged I would probably have gone FI....I had problems w/ SGP and so I stayed NA w/ my G.

Old 09-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
No one has an excuse not to send their cars to Jeremy @ Performance Factory. You have many options....

a) Drive down in your G/Z, drop the car off at Performance Factory. Enjoy a week in Orlando visiting all the theme parks.
b) Pay to have your car shipped...It really isn't THAT much. Hell, you even still save money in the end after having Performance Factory do the work.
c) Move to FL...

Old 09-01-2007, 05:18 PM
I just dropped 9K getting my GT2 to Akansas for a fuel system (7K for the protomotive fuel system, 2K transport). I also just spent 1.5K chipping my Cayenne Twin Turbo (which is now putting about 450 to the wheels).

Sorry, but I can't afford 2K in shipping my G35, which is my DD. If SGP won my trust back I would drop 2K on a Nitrous intall.

My money is tied up in a number of investments right now (100K in a private Equity fund and a new Condo rental in Branson Mo). However, If Jeremy wants to do a big 600 whp project on my car in around 2 years (when I will liquidate the P equity fund), and the numbers look good (I would be willing to spend 21-23K total...remember, I already have exhuast and V-Pro) I will do it. I am very active in the emerging 60-130 competitions, so jeremy could get himself some good PR.

However, the reality, as I have stated several times is that it takes about 35K to get a truly complete 600whp G35.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 09-01-2007 at 05:23 PM.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by 98intrigue
No one has an excuse not to send their cars to Jeremy @ Performance Factory. You have many options....

a) Drive down in your G/Z, drop the car off at Performance Factory. Enjoy a week in Orlando visiting all the theme parks.
b) Pay to have your car shipped...It really isn't THAT much. Hell, you even still save money in the end after having Performance Factory do the work.
c) Move to FL...
=]

Performance factory will be milking every ounce of HP i can get out of my TN kit with out making a BIG BOOM soon after i get a clutch. =]. After that its GT-K TIME !!!!!!!

Trust me i only have dynoed 360 to the wheels and its ****ing stupid fast. i havent rolled up next to anything i havent walked. I havent gotten my feet to wet though...

Old 09-02-2007, 12:18 AM
XKR
If I lived closer to Jeremy or Forged I would probably have gone FI....I had problems w/ SGP and so I stayed NA w/ my G.
Sharif will send a car transport to pick up your car for free and when it is finished....he will truck it back to you free also!! SO you have no reason not to send it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is the G inherently slow... even at 400WHP?