Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

Project Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 12:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Project Help

Hello, my name is Austin and I am new to the forum. I currently don't own a g35 yet, but in March of 2014 I will be buying a g35 coupe. They are beautiful cars! The g35 will be an AUTOMATIC and not a manual. However, since these cars are getting older and older the mileage on the car will be around 90k-130k. When I first get it, I want to start modding it. Especially go F.I. I have done some research so far on what I would like to do. When I first get it, I'm planning on:

Borla Exhaust- I believe this exhaust sounds amazing with this car.
Any Body Damage and Touch-Up of Paint if needed
Vossen CV2 or CV3 Rims- Haven't decided yet...
New Tires of Course with the rims
Tinted Windows

Now once my car is looking fresh and clean I want to start putting some money into F.I. I have ideas on what needs to happen but really need some help. And yes I have read the F.I. for noobs thread, like 10 times already. Since it will be an AUTO transmission and a car with 90-130k miles on it, will it be ok to go F.I? I have heard about upgrading the transmission? What parts will be good for this? Brands? Cost? Something about a Valve Body upgrade? Brands? Cost? What are these Rods things that people are talking about that will need to be upgraded? Brand, Cost?

Now away from the transmission part...

I am looking at a Greddy Twin Turbo Kit, however I don't want to blow this engine up and me have to spend tons of $$$ on fixing everything. I don't need to push over 500+ hp. I am wanting to do about 420-450hp while being at a low psi to prolong the life of the car, as it will be my daily driver. I am not a crazy fast driver nor do I drive my cars hard. I would like to have extra hp to show off once in a while and to beat the average car in a race, which I never race. So, what Turbo Kit or Supercharger will be best to fit my wants? I want a super or turbo kit that is reliable, durable, not to complicated, pretty straight forward (installing part), and won't diminish my car, as I will be having it for another 5 or so years. I live in Dallas, Texas, what shops in Dallas are great for installing the super/turbo kits? If anybody happens to know... Money is tight when doing this project.

Basically...

I want to have a 420-450hp Infiniti g35 coupe, that is reliable and won't cost a lot of $$$ to fix. I need help in selecting the Supercharger or Turbo kit that fits my wants/desires. Need help in directing me with what parts will aid the transmission to prolong the car. And if anybody knows of a trusted installer of the F.I. in the Dallas area. Money is tight!

Glad to part of the forum! Thanks!

Old 12-26-2013, 12:29 AM
Received 300 Likes on 192 Posts
I dont even know where to begin.... Let me help you out.

A twin turbo kit installed and tuned with supporting mods will be well north of 10K (thats finding everything used at good prices). The engine with that many miles may not hold the power and can/will fail. Always have a realistic budget and add %50 to that at the minimum. $hit will break and fixing/replacing crap gets expensive quickly. You've opened pandoras box on this thread man... my best advice to you... Buy an Evo or STI. You'll achieve your power goals for less money (or buy my TT G35).

Good luck on your journey with whatever you choose to do.

Old 12-26-2013, 02:00 AM
Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
Goodluck, if you do end up doing all this ^ it'll be one hell of a learning experience!

Old 12-26-2013, 10:02 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Just buy a used one that is already boosted. All the hard work is done for you.

Buy this car. Boosted automatic, very low milage, garage queen, with all of the best parts available. It is almost impossible to find a boosted g35 in this good of shape.
https://g35driver.com/forums/nationa...g35-coupe.html

Or get this car. Not auto, but maual is very easy to learn. Simply beautiful car, low milage on motor and top quality parts.
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-car...g35-coupe.html

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 12-26-2013 at 10:07 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Pepper (12-26-2013)