G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Preparing For a Track Day

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 10:07 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Preparing For a Track Day

So I'm getting ready to attend a track day soon at Carolina Motor Park in South Carolina and I want to know what I need to do to my car to prep for it. I drive an 05 Coupe 6mt Rev, and it is bone stock. What would you recommend for someone who just wants to go out and have a good day. I'm not trying to smash lap records or beat crazy cars I just want to go and drive my car and have fun.

Thanks in advance,
George

Old 06-01-2016, 03:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skippedcollege
So I'm getting ready to attend a track day soon at Carolina Motor Park in South Carolina and I want to know what I need to do to my car to prep for it. I drive an 05 Coupe 6mt Rev, and it is bone stock. What would you recommend for someone who just wants to go out and have a good day. I'm not trying to smash lap records or beat crazy cars I just want to go and drive my car and have fun.

Thanks in advance,
George
Change all your fluids if they haven't been changed recently, empty your car of anything that can move around, you'd be amazed how far a tissue box can fly under hard braking New oil and filters for the motor. Inspect all your crucial components, especially brakes and tires. I recommend taping off your front end with painters tape to protect your paint if you value undamaged bumper paint and bring lots of windshield cleaner and a tire pressure gauge. Get yourself proper safety gear, and be hyper aware of your surroundings when you get out on track, faster cars can come up behind you very quickly if your not paying attention. Know your flags and be aware of the marshals, specifically over any blind corners.
I'm sure there's many other good suggestions that others will have. Enjoy your first track day!!