G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Looking to get this G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 10:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking to get this G

So this is my first car I'll be purchasing all by myself (yay for growing up) and I have really gotten into the g35's. You guys seem to have a great community here. I've been reading a lot of old threads on here about exhausts and what not. So I found this 2003 G35 coupe with 50,000 miles on it. And its turbocharged with a 6mt. I am coming here from a 2000 jeep grand cherokee lol. This G has the brembo breaks. It is going for $12,000 right now. I don't see any info on the turbo. the carfax is clear. Even if i knew about the turbo i wouldn't have any idea what he was talking about. So if i go in to look at this car what questions should i be asking? and what anser should i be looking for? Does this seem like a good price? I'm new to this world and i need all the help i can get.

Here's the link to the car: http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...30871615&Log=0

Old 06-10-2016, 03:44 PM
Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
Looking to get this G

As a rule of thumb it's not usually good to buy a boosted car. just sooo many variables. and a proper turbo setup costs more than 12k more often than not. How deep are your pockets? turbo problems aren't cheap at all. Go test drive it see how you like it

Old 06-10-2016, 03:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mignav01
As a rule of thumb it's not usually good to buy a boosted car. just sooo many variables. and a proper turbo setup costs more than 12k more often than not. How deep are your pockets? turbo problems aren't cheap at all. Go test drive it see how you like it
I test drove it and loved it. I'm being a mechanic I work with to look at it for me tonight. Get a better idea of the turbo set up and what not. Don't really know what to look for. I fell in love with it as soon as I drove it.

Old 06-10-2016, 03:56 PM
Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
Looking to get this G

Look for turbo brand, how many miles on the setup if possible. Also check suspension. Low miles but still an older car now, may need new bushings all around

Old 06-10-2016, 06:03 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Before you lay down that $$ have Nissan do a compression test. You don't want a G35 that's using oil and we have had way too many issues with oil rings not doing their job causing oil consumption. You don't need to buy this car and then have to replace the engine...right?
Gary

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.