G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

2003 G35 Coupe won't wake up until 4800RPM HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 11:51 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dsheldon924
It' odd, because I've considered the tune being the issue, but every time the car is on the dyno, it performs like a new Ferrari. Why is it that once the car comes of the dyno, it performs like trash? weight of the car, front wheels moving, not sure of any other variables here that could be affecting... And of course, when the tuner finished his dyno last time, it was raining, which disallowed us from doing a dry pavement run with his computer connected...might be worth taking another trip to Connecticut and driving with him at this point...

I will check my manifold when I go to replace my injector harness/fuel damper on fuel rail(what I think the problem is) , and replace all gaskets/ensure FSM is followed spec for all torque sequence/pressure in the meantime
Do you have a Dyno sheet to upload? Because I doubt that the car is running that good on the dyno if it doesn't run at all on the street. Is your traction control working? What size are wheels? If there is too much of a differential between the front and rear wheels it is possible that it is activating the traction control.

Old 10-17-2016, 03:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jimster480
Do you have a Dyno sheet to upload? Because I doubt that the car is running that good on the dyno if it doesn't run at all on the street. Is your traction control working? What size are wheels? If there is too much of a differential between the front and rear wheels it is possible that it is activating the traction control.
I have a dyno sheet of our last pull where we got 280rwhp, I will have to find it though as it was done in July. I also have vids I can post while the car is on dyno vs when it's on the street(this probably would help anyway, so I'll get those loaded asap) Jimster, not to get into a back and forth with you here bud, as we all only have so much time on this spinning rock we call earth, but the dyno run looks great, produces great numbers, and sounds great every time. However, the street basically takes my car and removes all hp/responsiveness/sound that you see when on the dyno. It's literally mind blowing.... my traction control is working btw, I see it blink when I somehow get the wheels to burnout at very high rpm...

20X11 inch wheels, maybe this could be an issue, as my rears are 20X11, and my fronts are 20X10

Still waiting to get the car back to do those cipher log runs...will post asap once I get it

Old 10-17-2016, 04:34 PM
I have a dyno sheet of our last pull where we got 280rwhp, I will have to find it though as it was done in July. I also have vids I can post while the car is on dyno vs when it's on the street(this probably would help anyway, so I'll get those loaded asap) Jimster, not to get into a back and forth with you here bud, as we all only have so much time on this spinning rock we call earth, but the dyno run looks great, produces great numbers, and sounds great every time. However, the street basically takes my car and removes all hp/responsiveness/sound that you see when on the dyno. It's literally mind blowing.... my traction control is working btw, I see it blink when I somehow get the wheels to burnout at very high rpm...

20X11 inch wheels, maybe this could be an issue, as my rears are 20X11, and my fronts are 20X10

Still waiting to get the car back to do those cipher log runs...will post asap once I get it
Its not about wheel width its about tire size and how tall the tires are.

Also peak HP means nothing at all, you can make literally **** HP down low and only make power up top.
Most people think that peak numbers mean something when its really about the powerband.
This is why I want to see the dyno.

You could still have a vacuum leak.

Old 10-17-2016, 05:12 PM
Its not about wheel width its about tire size and how tall the tires are.

Also peak HP means nothing at all, you can make literally **** HP down low and only make power up top.
Most people think that peak numbers mean something when its really about the powerband.
This is why I want to see the dyno.

You could still have a vacuum leak.
I see. all 4 wheels are low profile on 20" rims.. ill try to find that dyno sheet, and I recall ECS having a database so ill check their website too. Another person thinks I have a vacuum leak too.. Might be on to something here.. Tuner thinks its fuel, and two people on here think its air.. Im chasing both regardless because there arent any other electronics to replace at this point.. Thanks for the suggestion

Old 10-17-2016, 06:10 PM
Its fuel because of the vacuum leak.
Car is running rich or Lean depending on where the leak is.

Low profile means nothing, that isn't a tire size unless all the sizes are the same then it doesn't matter.

Old 10-25-2016, 05:53 PM
TC= Traction Control

Let me know if anything stands out, these csv files can be opened with Cipher or Microsoft Excel (just fyi in case anyone didn't know)

Attached Files
File Type: csv
0-60 with TC.csv (93.9 KB, 51 views)
0-60 without TC clean.csv (86.4 KB, 41 views)
0-60 without TC.csv (84.3 KB, 51 views)
2nd gear to redline pull.csv (31.2 KB, 51 views)
3rd gear to redline pull.csv (17.1 KB, 49 views)
4th gear to redline pull.csv (43.8 KB, 42 views)
IDLE jump LOG.csv (140.0 KB, 43 views)
Old 10-25-2016, 06:05 PM
Low profile means nothing, that isn't a tire size unless all the sizes are the same then it doesn't matter.
Rear 275/30ZR20 97Y XL
Front 245/35ZR20 95Y XL

Old 10-25-2016, 06:24 PM
well in these files you didn't log RPM.
But I'm not seeing the car pull timing and I don't see any input from the O2 sensors (are they disabled?) or did you log the wrong value.

Seems to pull just fine as the throttle is open, the timing is fine and the engine load is fine.

Old 10-25-2016, 06:38 PM
TC= Traction Control

Let me know if anything stands out, these csv files can be opened with Cipher or Microsoft Excel (just fyi in case anyone didn't know)
I missed engine rpm on all of these, I will do a re run of each

Old 10-25-2016, 06:39 PM
yea lol this is what I was saying.

Old 10-25-2016, 06:57 PM
well in these files you didn't log RPM.
But I'm not seeing the car pull timing and I don't see any input from the O2 sensors (are they disabled?) or did you log the wrong value.

Seems to pull just fine as the throttle is open, the timing is fine and the engine load is fine.
Yeah, my problem is most noticeable from takeoff, where the car wants to stall. The 02's are logged in the last one "Final run with different parameters". I will include all O2 values in the next run WITH RPM this time.

Old 10-25-2016, 07:13 PM
Yeah, my problem is most noticeable from takeoff, where the car wants to stall. The 02's are logged in the last one "Final run with different parameters". I will include all O2 values in the next run WITH RPM this time.
In the last one you didnt log Throttle position @ Pedal & @ TB.

Old 10-29-2016, 02:48 PM
New pulls just uploaded with with RPM, O2 Sensors, MAF, vehicle speed sensor, and more... please let me know if anything stands out @4500-5000 RPM mark to anyone.... that's when the car wakes up when tapping the gas pedal and allowing it to release fully repeatedly..

I think we might have something to work with now... see attached, and let me know what you think

Thanks again..

Attached Files
cold start, warm up, idle.csv (1.30 MB, 54 views)
3rd gear pull.csv (19.3 KB, 52 views)
4th gear pull.csv (27.5 KB, 54 views)
city driving, with stall.csv (536.2 KB, 45 views)
60 mph cruise 1.csv (30.9 KB, 67 views)
tap pull 4th gear 1.csv (1,010 Bytes, 52 views)
tap pull 4th gear 2.csv (90.5 KB, 55 views)
tap pull 4th gear 3.csv (42.0 KB, 47 views)
tap pull 4th gear 4.csv (4.6 KB, 40 views)
tap pull 4th gear 5.csv (23.9 KB, 55 views)
tap pull 4th gear 6.csv (58.8 KB, 46 views)
Old 10-31-2016, 11:18 AM
New pulls just uploaded with with RPM, O2 Sensors, MAF, vehicle speed sensor, and more... please let me know if anything stands out @4500-5000 RPM mark to anyone.... that's when the car wakes up when tapping the gas pedal and allowing it to release fully repeatedly..

I think we might have something to work with now... see attached, and let me know what you think

Thanks again..

Car Waking up from Red to Yellow...Please Help...not sure what could be causing this difference....I am just tapping the gas pedal from fully released while cruising in 4th gear

Old 10-31-2016, 12:36 PM
That graph makes it look like you are easing into the throttle?
This is by the voltage of the Accel pedal?
And looking at the mass airflow sensor there isn't much air going in before that.
I don't see a problem with it pulling timing, its usually on advanced timing when idling to save gas.
So when you accelerate it then it drops down timing under power and slowly advances it through the RPM range.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2003 G35 Coupe won't wake up until 4800RPM HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP