G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Weird banging noise coming from vq35 engine?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 02:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weird banging noise coming from vq35 engine?

Sorry if I posted in the wrong category as I'm new to this forum. But I fear my engine blew.
I was driving for about half an hour being a little hard on them engine but not revving above 4500rpm because I'm not hard on my 600hp engine and with the cold weather and hard tired; my car fish tails everytime I hit boost. Anyway here's what happened, I get home, was driving perfectly fine, then an hour later I start it to drive again and instead of normally revving from 1500 to 2800rpm until it warms up to a settle 1500 rpms because it had a rev problem that I could never find out the fix for, but instead this time when I started it up, instead of the rev problem, it had a weak rev from 1500 to 2200 rpm with a "misfire" sound plus a crazy weird clanking popping knocking pinging clunking banging loud sound coming from the engine and it sounds like there's nailed trapped in the Pistons, I don't know what could have possibly happened but I'm so bummed because this car is the only thing that makes me happy! Also the coolant level went from max to min and got even lower today when I started it for 5 mins, however there are NO LEAKS WHAT SO EVER, even replaced all the radiator hoses weeks back. Here's a short video because this forum doesn't allow more than 10seconds or 5mb, any ideas guys?

Attached Files
Old 11-10-2016, 02:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Take a video and put it on youtube.

Old 11-10-2016, 02:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Imaging a vq35 engine with a misfire and then every 2-4 seconds it sounds like a hammer hitting the engine

Old 11-11-2016, 04:51 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Hard to say from the short video but the symptoms sound a lot like rod knock which means your motor's toast if that's the case. Did you have the FI done professionally at reputable shop? And are you really at 600HP, sounds a little high to me, not many G's in that stratosphere........

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.