G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 Re-shell - Few Questions!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 12:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post G35 Re-shell - Few Questions!

Hi guys,

My 2003 G35 was involved in a rear end accident and so iv'e decided to re-shell it - throw all the running gear, exhaust, suspension/brake setup into the clean, straight shell which is a 2004 shell.

Questions...

1. Are there any decent 'engine removal' DIY's?

2. Thinking of swapping my black/suede interior from my old shell into the new shell which is all cream leather (don't really like it) - Which means pretty much whole inside of the car will be swapped over... Are there any full dash board removal DIY's as it seems only dash cluster removal DIY is what is coming up in Google search and not the whole front end dash panel as I am after.. :/

3. Just in general, swapping things from a 2003 shell to a 2004 would there be any things that won't fit or work with in the new shell/loom? Will also be swapping my dash cluster into the new shell as well

Thanks in advance!

Old 01-02-2017, 11:19 PM
Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
Whole lot of work waiting for you. I believe 2003-2004 were pretty much identical so everything should fit. Side question, why didn't you just let the wrecked car get totalled out and instead of buying it back, but a similar car with the insurance payout? Heavily modified or...? Make sure to take pics no matter what you do, could help someone in the future!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.