G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Fuel pump not going back inside...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 08:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel pump not going back inside...

I just took the fuel pump out in an attempt to replace the shutter valve...which was an utter failure because that thing is no where near reachable...

Anyway I gave up on the shutter valve and just wanted to put everything back together but now that fuel pump isn't going in and sitting flush...

I made sure the line connecting the stock fuel supply hose wasn't i the way...and still the pump isn't sitting flush..I've tried this several times now still pump isn't sitting flush to where I can put the bracket and 6 screws....any thoughts?

Old 01-30-2017, 01:40 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Maybe post a picture if you can....

Is the gasket around the fuel pump assembly sitting flush along the surface of the tank and not bound up or deformed? Those things tend to weather with age and get pretty messed up... especially with all the ethanol in our modern fuel.

Old 01-30-2017, 03:07 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
The good news is it fit when you took it out so it'll fit again. Try looking at it from different angles, examine all parts to make sure they're where they are supposed to be and take your time.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:55 AM
Received 167 Likes on 147 Posts
Are you sure you're not just pressing down on the pump hard enough? It does have springs you need to compress it a little bit and then put the screws on. I had to do this twice, because the first time I put it in the hose was in the way causing my gauge to act all funky. I ran out of gas in the parking lot once, because of it, lol.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.