G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Problem after changing Spark Plugs, Please help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 10:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem after changing Spark Plugs, Please help

Ok, so about three days ago I changed my spark plugs and when I turned my car on, it started to idle very poorly, so I drove it to autozone to get a code readout and P0300 came up. I then took my car to the dealer and they told me the fuel injectors had gone bad. They wanted $900 to fix so I said no, and drove my car back home. How do i fix this problem. P.S I did find oil on spark plug 4&6

Old 02-07-2017, 11:09 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
If it didn't do this at all before you worked on the plugs, then it's definitely not the injectors. The P0300 is a misfire code and it's being caused by something electronic related to what you touched during the plug change.

First and easiest thing to do is to go in and (one at a time) pull a coil pack off, shine a light into the end that receives the spark plug and look in there to make sure there is no corrosion on the part that grabs the plug. Then maybe spray some electrical contact cleaner into it and let it dry, then reinstall. If you see any corrosion inside of the contact area, try to clean that up with a high grit sandpaper wrapped around a small screwdriver, and then spray it out again with the electrical cleaner. After the pack is clean and dry, put it back in. Do this for each coil pack.

If you can't reach down into the coil pack to clean up the part that grabs the plug, you could take your old spark plugs and use them as a cleaning tool. Use a mid-grit sandpaper to rough up the head of the plug a tad and then put it into and out of the coil pack several times, and then flush the coil pack again with electrical cleaner.

While you're at it, also make sure the other end of the coil pack where it plugs into the harness has clean connectors too, and clean those out the same way as you did the other end if they are dirty or corroded.

The following 2 users liked this post by partyman66:
Blue Dream (02-08-2017), Frost_Tech (02-08-2017)
Old 02-08-2017, 12:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the quick responce but I did the stupid mistake of switching the coil pack connectors (#4&#6). I'm still new with working on cars, this is my first car btw.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:49 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Haha.... Good thing you found it quick. That can cause serious problems if you tried to drive it like that for too long.

Old 02-08-2017, 04:36 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Not much love for dealerships on here and your story is just one of the reasons why. They really told you it was the injectors? How stupid could they be????? So they hooked it up to their famous Consult III machine and that's what they found?

Only a couple of members here swear by the dealerships and these are the kinds of threads they need to read to understand the widespread hate from us towards the stealerships. Glad your issue was minor and easily fixable.

Old 02-08-2017, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Yep. "Infiniti, the place where your car is available for service by the finest technicians..." that remove and install your custom wheels with an electric impact...

Old 02-08-2017, 04:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Frost_Tech
Ok, so about three days ago I changed my spark plugs and when I turned my car on, it started to idle very poorly, so I drove it to autozone to get a code readout and P0300 came up. I then took my car to the dealer and they told me the fuel injectors had gone bad. They wanted $900 to fix so I said no, and drove my car back home. How do i fix this problem. P.S I did find oil on spark plug 4&6
Thats ****in bullshit.. how can the dealer try to do you dirty like that?.. ****ing stealership... glad you solved the problem good job 🖒

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.