G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe
View Poll Results: What Are Your Thoughts Now That You Have Seen It In Person?
Disappointed by pics and disappointed in real life.
31.30%
Disappointed by pics and now like it.
21.37%
Liked the pics and disappointed in real life.
7.25%
Liked the pics and like it just the same now.
40.08%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

For Those That Have Seen The G37 In Person

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 11:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I drove from baltimore to nyc to see the g in person and honestly i was not disappointed!The pictures don't do it justice!I visited the g stand multiple times to take it all in was impressed. I do agree my 1st gen does look sportier in some ways but in person the new g look as if it should cost 50k+.
The often critized front fascia also does'nt look bad in person.I signed up with
the infiniti reps at the show for a test drive as soon as its available I was told august maybe sooner I can not wait!!!!!

Old 04-10-2007, 09:13 AM
^^^Lucky Dog, I am jealous!!

Old 04-10-2007, 11:57 PM
I went back to the auto show today. I am starting to find positives in the new G. I actually like the rims they could be alittle wider in back. Also if the car was dropped a few inches it would help. Kudos to the first company that makes a wing( or ironing board) that looks like it belongs.

Old 04-11-2007, 01:29 PM
I totally didn't like it in pics, in person its better, but it's still not good enough to me. It's too bland and luxo-type looking, and it's too long to me. I hate how cars in this segment keep getting bigger..but thats a different topic..

Old 04-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Canuck!

You're suppose to put in the option "I have not seen it in person", because no matter what, the urge of voting is always there.

I have to admit, I almost voted, but held back

The poll results will most likely be off the "real" results

Last edited by Skaterbasist; 04-11-2007 at 08:59 PM.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Hello, just got back from the show and here are my insights based on the old and new car.

I have never owned an Infinity and I was never fond of them until the G35. The first time I saw it I was very impressed.

Now comes the show and I see both old and new and I have to say the new model is much more luxury looking inside and out while the G35 looks well...dated in comparison, alone the car looks good but it is not alone, there is the G37.

Check out the Rack -N pinon on the new G!

Last edited by gixxerjoe; 04-11-2007 at 10:51 PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by gixxerjoe
Hello, just got back from the show and here are my insights based on the old and new car.

I have never owned an Infinity and I was never fond of them until the G35. The first time I saw it I was very impressed.

Now comes the show and I see both old and new and I have to say the new model is much more luxury looking inside and out while the G35 looks well...dated in comparison, alone the car looks good but it is not alone, there is the G37.

Check out the Rack -N pinon on the new G!

Thanks for the post man, the G37 looks awesome!!

Old 04-14-2007, 11:45 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
i saw it today.. Not really feeling it, the interior was very nice, well put together. But the exterior is just not doing it for me. theres just something missing from the lines of the car that made it a G.

im not sold and for 330hp i thinking more and more about going FI now or waiting to see what there gonna do to the Z.

Old 04-15-2007, 11:44 AM
I went to the auto show yesterday and was very impressed. The car is certainly generating a large following. All day long people were at least 2 deep surrounding the new G. The interior looks really nice.

Old 05-03-2007, 04:28 PM
What's the headrest doing on the seat?

Old 05-03-2007, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by Shellnyce
The car looks clumsy. The 1st gen has an agressive look. The headlights flow into a flared fender and then swoosh back to an equally agressive and proportianal rear end. Even with an 8.5" rear tire, the first gen G35 looks like it can hold a corner even sitting still. The lines are deliberate, agressive and tastefull.

The 2008... The interior looks second to none. The seats, steering wheel and dash look amazing. The exterior looks mushy at best. The head lights and tail lights are surrounded by akward, weak, unintentional lines. Mush. Find a line that starts in the front... and its been long lost by the time you reach side view mirror. The stance sits to high just so they could squeez a 20" wheel under the fender. The front facade looks like a 14 year old drew it in a 30 minute art class. The door panels look exactly the same minus SQUARE speaker enclosures. DUh... why square.

I think the 2008 G37 would have made statement enough with 20" wheels, same body, new rear spoiler, enhanced headlights and tail lights, wider body stance version of the 2007 fenders and an additional leather color and maybe a couple new paint colors. The new stereo, Dash, NAV and paddle shifters in addition to the exterior changes that I mentioned would have made everyone happy. They could have even jumped an inch for the tire widths front and back. The body changes they made really make no sense to me. A chrome spoiiler on a silver car is just plain retarded. This is just my .02. My 2006 6mt is BY FAR in no danger of being traded for a G37 coupe (sad to say). I will more likely upgrade to an M35/45. The most exciting aspect of this car is thinking... "when will they shove this 3.7 VQ motor in a Z?" Hopefully Nissan will not allow the body styling of the Z to be ruined as well.
Well said!
I'm waiting for that next Z, if it has this new VVEL engine I may switch over. (That is if they don't ruin the body like the G37)... Sorry, that's just my opinion.
I would like to wait for the GT-R but I am not going to spend more than 60K on a car and it will probably go well over that (hope I'm wrong).

Old 05-03-2007, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by htownboy
Well said!
I'm waiting for that next Z, if it has this new VVEL engine I may switch over. (That is if they don't ruin the body like the G37)... Sorry, that's just my opinion.
I would like to wait for the GT-R but I am not going to spend more than 60K on a car and it will probably go well over that (hope I'm wrong).

good luck with whatever you purchase!
bm

Old 05-07-2007, 01:20 AM
Banned
G37

Pics aren't doing it for me. I think they ruined what was one of the best looking coupe bodies under 75k on the planet.

Also, what the hell is WASHI ALUM TRIM? I've seen it on 07 sedans and it looks like total crap!

Old 05-07-2007, 09:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=gixxerjoe]

QUOTE]

Trunk is very similar to the Pontiac G6 Coupe's trunk.

Old 05-07-2007, 10:00 AM
[QUOTE=gspotter][QUOTE=gixxerjoe]

I'd give this MILF a test drive !!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: For Those That Have Seen The G37 In Person