General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

2006 G35 keyless problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 02:04 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks - I might give the dealer another shot someday as I have an extended warranty with them. At least I have more knowledge of what the most likely failure is now.

Tonight in the dark, I unlocked the driver's door from about 100 feet away. So range doesn't appear to be the issue. But it wouldn't do anything beyond that... no trunk, no passenger doors. Hmmm.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SOLVED!! I read a post on Club Frontier and WTF... it fixed my problem.

Turns out that my LED dome lights were interfering with the FOB signal. It would unlock the driver's door, and then would do nothing because the interior lights come on and block the RF signal. When parking the car, the fob didn't work because the lights were on until they time out.

So I pulled the DE3175 LEDs out of the console above the dash and it all came back to life. I put some newer LEDs in I bought for my truck and it still works. I feel like an idiot because it took over a year but hey, it's all good now.

The following users liked this post:
06GDG (10-24-2017)
Old 03-25-2014, 10:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im having a similar issue. today i was swapping out my shifter assembly and now the driver side FOB sensor is not detecting my fob. all outside sensors work and starts the car if put th efob close to under the dash or around the passenger side but nothing on the driver side. wtf did i do??

Old 03-27-2014, 12:35 PM
Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts
Wow, MarkG what a find! The circuit that runs the dome lights is looking for incandescent bulbs and the fade-in / fade-out programing may not be play nice with some LEDs. But I never would have suspected this would cause interference with the FOB communications. That's amazing. Might need to make this a sticky...

Demo401, there are two antennas in the cabin. One under the dash near the blower motor and one at the back of the center council. (see the pics below) It's possible you accidentally disconnected the one in the center council while working on the shifter. (Look for a green and red wire in a shielded cable...)

Attached Thumbnails 2006 G35 keyless problem-diagram.jpg   2006 G35 keyless problem-dash.jpg   2006 G35 keyless problem-ctrcouncil.jpg  
Old 05-23-2016, 02:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the same problem with my remote. I have tried reprogramming the remote. After the insert and pull-out key step, I did heard the 2 clicking sound and the flashing sign. However, after I click any key of the remote, there was no clicking sound at all. I guess that's why I cannot reprogram my fob. Does anyone know what's the issue? BTW, I have checked all the fuses mentioned above.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:37 AM
Received 71 Likes on 68 Posts
I have the same problem. I can't reprogram my car. I have tried the key thing and no dice. I have inserted the key in 6 times and the hazards never flash so I guess it's not working. I'm going to check the fuses mention above. I hope it's just a fuse, because the dealer told me it's 7 to 8 hundred dollar to fix. I told them they are smoking.

Old 10-24-2017, 01:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't mean to bump up an old thread but my 2006 g35 coupe key fob doesn't work effectively as well. I have changed the battery in the key fob numerous of times and it still doesn't work properly. Sometimes I have to press on the key fob button multiple of times before the car unlocks or locks. The car is also equipped with buttons on each side of the door handles. Sometimes when pressed, it works sometimes it doesn't as well. Have you guys had problems like this before too? Should I check the fuse as well? I want to try fixing it myself before taking it to the dealership, which is quite pricey for a student who just graduated.

Old 10-25-2017, 04:37 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
My '06 coupe doesn't have these "buttons on each side of the door handles" ? Is that an intelligent key feature (push button start)? It's possible your fob buttons are going out. You can disassemble the fob and put a TINY bit of silicone grease between the rubber dome and the contact but honestly you can buy a new fob for under $20 and reprogram it yourself to see if it fixes the issue for a lot less hassle. Autozone carries a replacement fob that is almost 100% identical as the stock one, it just doesn't have the same fine print writing on the back of the fob but the shape, feel, color, button layout are an exact match (except intelligent key).

Other components that might be failing, transponder in the fob might be going out. BCM antenna inside the vehicle might be going out. BCM itself might be going out. It would be worth the phone call to your local Nissan dealership to get a price for a diagnostic of the system to verify which component is failing.

You could also try reprogramming the fob you have (except intelligent key).

http://infinitihelp.com/diy/common/i...am_key_fob.php