General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Digital Torque Adapers (Torque Wrench)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 04:51 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Digital Torque Adapers (Torque Wrench)

Has anyone ever tried a digital torque adapter instead of using a torque wrench?

I know a lot of torque wrenches break and require replacing, particularly the click-type ones. Doing some research tonight I stumbled upon an interesting little product which fits onto a regular ratchet/bar and measures torque, essentially turning your regular ratchet or breaker bar into a digital torque wrench. It's much easier and cheaper to replace a broken ratchet or breaker bar than a torque wrench. The only thing is these don't seem like they can be calibrated.

https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-ARM60...A26BY88ERY8QXP

Has anyone ever tried them?

This one below has a rotating head on it so you can spin it to face you if needed:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/wmr-m206

I watched a video online and apparently these have an audible beep that starts beeping rapidly when you get close to the desired torque and they beep solid when you hit it and it can be used in either a peak-torque measurement way or real-time.

Thoughts/experience anyone?

Old 10-29-2016, 07:36 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Completely badass I say. My only concern is yours, that it doesn't seem to have the ability to be calibrated. However for less than $50 the versatility seems unlimited and is a hell of a lot easier to carry around and store than bulky torque wrenches. Rotating head and 1/2, 3/8" adaptors seriously for that price?? I just ordered the Summit Racing one, thanks for the heads up!

Old 10-29-2016, 03:45 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
I'm probably going to get one too... picking out a few other things to add to my cart to get free shipping. Belt tension tester, etc. I love tools.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.