Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Is it worth adding an aftermarket exhaust when stock we sound better than Ferrari?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh, cool. Just wanted to make sure. Yeah, some people prefer a quiet exhaust note or none at all. It's all opinion. Personally I like loud and mean WITH the option of being quiet if I want to.

Bikes and big blocks and straight pipes!! Woohoo!

Originally Posted by Tian
I asked the techs not the owners. It was a Ferrari meet at a track. You're entitled to your opinion. If you really think that G35 exhaust>360 Modena exhaust then welcome to it.

Old 02-11-2011, 06:49 PM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
Let's assume you're right on the videos. So what. What are you trying to prove here?
In your first video, those Gs sound really loud to be stock. Doubt they are. Almost sounds like mine. Your point fails here.
Carlyle pick's are wrong

Old 02-11-2011, 06:54 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Amendment to the previous list:

8 - No matter how much you repeat the same thing, it won't make it any more accurate.

Old 02-11-2011, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the compliment on the video fellow G driver. LOL

And yes, it is in fact a full stock exhaust. I was shocked at how the G REALLY sounds when I first recorded it. I was like WOAH...my car sounds like that!? The mic is near the exhaust just like the Ferrari. However it was REALLY difficult hearing the Ferrari over the road noise.

Footage is all original BTW. No TV show. LOL. Thanks for that compliment also.

Lot of self hate going on in the G35 forum. LOL. Even though the people actually in the Ferrari 360 hate the sound (hence your customers), the people in the Gs still think it sounds better. Now that is some Ferrari lovin.

I'll bet good money that if your shop did Ferrari and Lambo, MOST of your exhaust mod customers were Ferrari 360 owners.

Originally Posted by sickTTG35ry
for one its a crappy video that looks like you too a tv show and edited in shot of a G35, and it may just me but that first vid the car did not sound like it had a STOCK exhaust. And yes I have heard a stock Ferrari and a Lambo in person, seeing how we were putting on an aftermarket exhaust. this was at the shop I use to work at. Love my G, but I am not delusional.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:09 PM
So even though you actually agree with me, you don't? lol. You say my G sounds loud because clearly the 360 is a mouse compared to it, so rather than admit that fact, you question that my G is stock? So basically no matter what anybody says or does, you believe that the Honda sounding 360 in the Video sounds better even though you can barely hear it and on the highway shot with window open you can't hear it at all?

I'm not really trying to prove anything. The video clearly shows which sounds better...expect in the case of people that like quiet exhausts. There is no way you can honestly tell me that the 360's is anywhere near the volume of the G in the video. Ferrari cars have long achieved cult status. Some people will refuse to hear anything negative about the cars even after they blow up(458) and catch on fire(430).

And again..."those Gs" are mine. One of the 360s belong to my buddy who guess what? He JUST bought it and is planning to upgrade the exhaust because he like most owners probably does not like driving around in a six figure car that sounds like a Honda. I would even bet good money if you bought one you would do the same or atleast you won't dare rev it in public. LOL

Originally Posted by Tian
Let's assume you're right on the videos. So what. What are you trying to prove here?
In your first video, those Gs sound really loud to be stock. Doubt they are. Almost sounds like mine. Your point fails here.
Carlyle pick's are wrong

Old 02-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Notice how hard it is to find videos of the stock 360 Modena on Youtube?

I know this will be dismissed also, but search Youtube for 360 Modena "Stock exhaust" and you will get THIRTEEN videos! Most are not actually stock(such as the 2 that were posted here) and the others are from Carlyle's Picks. There is a reason for that don't you think?

Old 02-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts
Carlyle needs a punch in the face for his picks. haha

Old 02-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
The stock exhaust sounds good, no doubt, but having the exhaust note overlayed over exterior video gives a false sense of sound and perspective. Stock sounds nowhere near that loud. It does indeed sound good as hell, but it's not loud, and to get it that loud whilst keeping the stock sound is a difficult thing to do.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Received 227 Likes on 143 Posts
if you like the stock exhaust so much i ll give you my G

and you can gimme your 360

that way we will both be happy

Old 02-12-2011, 01:06 AM
So you DON'T like:
G35
Motorola Droid
Daytona 675
Lamborghini Gallardo
Ferrari 458 Italia
and
Lamborghini Murcielago?

Originally Posted by Heist.
Carlyle needs a punch in the face for his picks. haha

Old 02-12-2011, 01:12 AM
However the same was done for the Ferrari and as you can see it did not help much. That says a lot. In a 458 or a modded 360 or a G35 you don't need to put mic near exhaust to hear the music. Just wind down the windows. I've done tons of videos with cars side-by-side and people say they can hear my G and I have heard others during caravaning. The 360? Even with mic near exhaust all you hear is wind and tires. I'm still amazed that you can even silence a V8, but leave it to a legend like Ferrari to figure out how to silence a beast. I used to think ALL V8 sounded like muscle cars.

Originally Posted by sTeadFasT96
The stock exhaust sounds good, no doubt, but having the exhaust note overlayed over exterior video gives a false sense of sound and perspective.

Old 02-12-2011, 01:15 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool story bro.

Old 02-12-2011, 01:27 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
I just popped a zit!

Old 02-12-2011, 01:50 AM
Received 227 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by G35 Mass
I like turtles

Old 02-12-2011, 01:54 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
^What The aitch..........that is the worse, off topic response ever.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is it worth adding an aftermarket exhaust when stock we sound better than Ferrari?