Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

Pics Of 2nd Gen Sedans With Aftermarket Rims!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 11:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hikos G, very nice.

Old 01-14-2007, 11:39 AM
sexy G

Old 01-14-2007, 11:41 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
very nice car. what did you use to lower it?

Old 01-14-2007, 12:02 PM
20's are going to be the new standard for the 07's. Ride looks great and love the rims...

Old 01-14-2007, 12:33 PM
amazzzing! what offsets are those?! what kind of wheels.

Old 01-14-2007, 01:36 PM
THANKS EVERYBODY!

Appreciate all the compliments! Never snapped a single pic of the car while it was stock since I figured everyone had seen a stock G and decided to wait til I had the whole package before putting it before the strict critics on G35driver.com.

I had the wheels custom made to get the cleanest offset and had them in about a month but I was waiting on the springs to be made by any one of the manufacturers (H&R, Eibach, or TEIN) before I put them on. After constant checking online on the availability of the springs for the 07 G, I ended up going with the H&R's, which as far as I know is the first to actually release the part and not just the part#.

To answer as many questions as I can, here's some of the info:

Wheels: Marion MR-2's 20x8.5f(offset +35) / 20x9.5r(offset +43)

Tires: Nitto 555 Extreme 245/35/20 f 275/30/20 r
Springs: H&R Sport Springs(part#: 53036)

Thanks again everyone for all the kind words!

Last edited by Hikos_G; 01-14-2007 at 06:09 PM.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Here's my other G...

[IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Old 01-14-2007, 01:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
here's more picName:  IMG_0427.jpg
Views: 823
Size:  68.4 KB
Name:  IMG_0428.jpg
Views: 862
Size:  99.9 KB

Old 01-14-2007, 02:02 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Hikos G:

That's it ... time for wheels! Some questions for you please:

How does the car ride compared to stock? I know it'll be more "harsh", but a lot more? A little more?

Any rubbing between tire and fenders?

Did it affect the speedo much?

Does the TPMS still work?

Can you provide offset information?

Last edited by terrycs; 01-14-2007 at 02:07 PM.
Old 01-14-2007, 02:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Hikos_G
THANKS EVERYBODY!

Appreciate all the compliments! Never snapped a single pic of the car while it was stock since I figured everyone had seen a stock G and decided to wait til I had the whole package before putting it before the strict critics on G35driver.com.

I had the wheels custom made to get the cleanest offset and had them in about a month but I was waiting on the springs to be made by any one of the manufacturers (H&R, Eibach, or TEIN) before I put them on. After constant checking online on the availability of the springs for the 07 G, I ended up going with the H&R's, which as far as I know is the first to actually release the part and not just the part#.

To answer as many questions as I can, here's some of the info:

Wheels: 20x8.5f / 20x9.5r Marion MR2's
Tires: Nitto 555 Extreme 245/35/20f / 275/35/20r
Springs: H&R Sport Springs(part#: 53036)

Thanks again everyone for all the kind words!
thanks for sharing the info Hikos. You're right about H&R being the first. I had posted last week my buddy had confirmed H&R did not make any changes from the previous years in their spring design as the car's suspension and chassis did not change in the new '07. Nevertheless, you are the first with a lowered '07...mad props for taking the plunge. Very tastefully done bro.

Old 01-14-2007, 02:27 PM
Thumbs up

Hey All!

Been a member from about a month ago and have been reading up on all the new experiences, discoveries and joys of all the new '07 G drivers! Let me start by saying that this is a great forum with a lot of great members and helpful and friendly people. I love this place and I'm glad to be a part of it!

Wasn't really sure of how to post my first intro but this thread topic seemed to jump out at me as the perfect opportunity to introduce myself as well as contribute something useful to the forum.

So, without further delay... pics of my '07 G with 20's. Looking forward to being a part of this ever growing brother/sisterhood of G-Drivers!!

Damn ....Your pretty much the first in Hawaii. I ordered my car back in Nov. and I'm still waiting. Maybe the tsunami couple days ago will push the boat faster now . I had a question, where did you order you rims from? I'm still trying to figure out the cleanest off-set I can get with this car. I know the fenders are all ready rolled from the factory so it's one less thing to worry about. I might go with springs/full suspension, but I'm kind of leaning towards Air Runner when it's available. How is the ride with the H&R's? Agian your car is badass...I only seen one Black G with spoiler, but it was stock. I seen it while waiting in line at Aiea Starbucks and the first thing that came out of my mouth was "Holy S***t"...So my fiance was asking what's a matter because I had a stunned look on my face, she turned around also and seen the Black G and she just rolled her eyes and told me to just hurry up and order my drink...She just doesn't know what I'm going through right now .

Old 01-14-2007, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by terrycs
Hikos G:

That's it ... time for wheels! Some questions for you please:

How does the car ride compared to stock? I know it'll be more "harsh", but a lot more? A little more?

Any rubbing between tire and fenders?

Did it affect the speedo much?

Does the TPMS still work?

Can you provide offset information?
Thanks terrycs! Appreciate the kind words!

The ride with the H&R's are actually not that bad. In my opinion, the stock 'sport' suspension package seemed a bit harsh and a bit jarring to me to begin with so going with the H&R's wasn't a 'sacrifice', so to speak. In fact, the H&R's make the car feel more planted and less skittish over most road surfaces. Considering that the car is now sitting 1.3 f and 1.2 r inches lower, I can't figure how the Germans can make a car lower AND make it ride better.

As far as rubbing-NADA. My wheels were made to order so I didn't have any concerns regarding that part. They are about as flush with the body as can be in the rear and the front has a nice tuck and 100% clearance from lock to lock when turning the wheel. I think most available wheels with standard offsets for the G will all fit fine without any rubbing issues.

No noticeable differences in the speedo as well. The overall height of the tire is identical to stock so the diameter of the wheel doesn't change. Just the wheel to tire ratio and perhaps a little more rolling mass due to more metal vs. rubber.

The TPMS will still work if you reuse the valve stems on the aftermarket rims. Because my wheels have hidden valve stems that are made to look like one of the rivets in order to keep a smooth dish, I haven't been able to take that route. I'll probably just end up disabling or hacking the TPMS somehow. Wheels with a 'normal' valve stem should be able to accomodate the TPMS sensor valve stem.

Phew! Sorry for rambling on and on about this. Let me know if I can help you with anything else. Hope this helps a bit.

Last edited by Hikos_G; 01-16-2007 at 07:07 AM.
Old 01-14-2007, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by Chico
thanks for sharing the info Hikos. You're right about H&R being the first. I had posted last week my buddy had confirmed H&R did not make any changes from the previous years in their spring design as the car's suspension and chassis did not change in the new '07. Nevertheless, you are the first with a lowered '07...mad props for taking the plunge. Very tastefully done bro.
Thanks Chico! Glad to be the guinea pig and to be able to share the 411! Hey, its what this forums about, right?

Regarding the springs, yes, apparently they are not as much of a 'redesign' so much as a new part number. The only difference between the 07 suspension components and the previous models are minor things like sway bar mounting point, slight sus angle adjustments, strut mount positions, etc.

Old 01-14-2007, 03:19 PM
Thanks Chico! Glad to be the guinea pig and to be able to share the 411! Hey, its what this forums about, right?

Regarding the springs, yes, apparently they are not as much of a 'redesign' so much as a new part number. The only difference between the 07 suspension components and the previous models are minor things like sway bar mounting point, slight sus angle adjustments, strut mount positions, etc.
Hey Hikos_G, you might want to add a signature and put in your info. I am sure many will ask you the same question....because I was just about to ask and good thing i kept reading.

Nice ride btw, i love those wheels! Welcome to the forum!

Old 01-14-2007, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the info Hikos_G. What is the actual offset of the fronts?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Pics Of 2nd Gen Sedans With Aftermarket Rims!