View Poll Results: Who will be attending the preview launch
Yes
32.99%
Maybe
9.28%
No
57.73%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Who will be attending the Preview launch?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 04:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stefanzo911
Take it easy, I meant to save a plate of food not a summer romance.
Besides I'm already spoken for. I'll be sitting next to the water hose in case you attack me.

Man the dealerships down there treat you well. Mine's not even having a launch party, they say that it's not as important for the G since it's an existing model, but that they're saving it for the EX when it comes out next year..boo

Old 08-16-2007, 04:29 PM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
thats nice, being catered by Outback. like thats ever going to happen in my city. maybe we'll get coffee and some cookies when ever it happens

Old 08-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Yin-Yang and Life
I hope I am able to attend it. It all depends when my mom goes to Riverside to get service on her car.

Old 08-16-2007, 05:09 PM
going to ray catena edison in about an hour

Old 08-16-2007, 05:43 PM
Well unfortunately i wont be able to make the Coconut Creek launch tonite, was there for the G35 sedan, but cant make the 37 launch because im in Ny. I did actually call the local dealership nearby, Competition Infiniti, and they didnt have anything planned. I was very surprised, but they have had the car for a few days, and so I went and saw it today. VERY HOOOOOOOOOOOT. I was russhed out do to being with my parents ( they have a 05 G35x) but atleast i got a look. Have fun guys, and take lots of pics.
wg

Old 08-16-2007, 05:45 PM
For those of you attending, will someone please test the sound stage feature. Im eager to see what kind of difference it makes in sound quality

Old 08-16-2007, 09:06 PM
just returned from kelly infiniti in boston.. nice setup with good food and booze. had a silver journey sport with bat wing on the back. the car looks good.. but i'm not a fan of that silver so it didnt look as good as it could have in black.

they had a ipod nano in the center console playing through the stereo which sounded great.

i found the spot on the front where you pop off a square piece from the grill to expose tow hook.

i sat in the back to get a feeling for how cramped it'll be back there. i'm 6'1 and although i couldnt sit straight up.. leaning back just a little bit provided just enough headroom.. i'd say if your under 6'0 you'll not feel too cramped...otherwise you'll have to bend just a bit.

the seats bunched up just a bit on my thighs.. i didnt feel that as much when i sat in one a few weeks back at another infiniti event in boston. i expect there are controls i can play with to fix that problem.

was told my car was "on hold" with all the rest of those first customer batch vehicles. i spoke with my order mgr and salesman who indicated it sitting at the port just waiting for the 16'th event to be over with before they're shipped. he guessed i'm looking at around the 30th for delivery. was told my invoice has not arrived for the car but when it does he'll call me up to go in and do the financials.. he expects that paperwork to come in on the 21st.

all in all it was a nice event.. i was only there for 30min or so since i saw it a few weeks back on my own for a few hours with it. can't wait.. it does look mean.. but not as mean as black!

i have pics.. will post later as this was done on my iphone.. whew!

go red sox!

Attached Thumbnails Who will be attending the Preview launch?-dsc00602_3.jpg   Who will be attending the Preview launch?-dsc00603_3.jpg   Who will be attending the Preview launch?-dsc00604_3.jpg  

Last edited by bostonmerlin; 08-16-2007 at 09:21 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:22 PM
more pics

Attached Thumbnails Who will be attending the Preview launch?-dsc00605_3.jpg   Who will be attending the Preview launch?-dsc00608_3.jpg   Who will be attending the Preview launch?-dsc00609_3.jpg  
Old 08-16-2007, 09:41 PM
youtube video walkaround of g37 at infiniti dealer event aug 16th

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UdlQ2Ui0rTk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UdlQ2Ui0rTk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Last edited by bostonmerlin; 08-16-2007 at 09:52 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:41 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
BM, that must of gotten you quite excited for your BO G37 coming soon. Was that the first time you saw it in person, or did you see it at the NYIAS?

Old 08-16-2007, 09:45 PM
yea its more of a tease than anything else at this point.. tonight was my third time to see it in person.. NYIAS, Best of Boston event and now this. It's going to be a definate head turner as most of the people at the event tonight are infiniti owners (current and past).. many of which were enthusastic.. but more than a few comments were made questioning it's practicality.. mostly from wifes to their husbands!

Old 08-16-2007, 09:49 PM
I attended the preview this PM at Key Infiniti in Hardeeville, SC. This is real close to Hilton Head. There must have been over 75 people there! I got to sit in the car: LP A/T with Navi, Spoiler, Sports Package. NO way to even get a pic with this crowd! The shindig ran from 6:30 -8:30, with Coconut Shrimp, Sake, Kirin Beer and great assortment of Sushi; they even had Japanese style Chicken Fingers and desserts! Outstanding all the way.

They had the car completely covered/hidden with a huge black cloth. At 7:15 the GM asked a sweet young lady to yank the cloth. She did so, accompanied by a bunch of Ooohs and Ahhhs from the crowd. I was the 2nd person to sit in the car. After that you could hardly get near it and there was no way to get a full side view.

I talked to a guy who is waiting for a convert HT. It's expected in 13 months and that sounds like new news.

My impression: In brief, I like this car! A lot! It will sell well in this area of SC and Savannah, GA, which is just south across the big Savannah River. There's a lot of $money$ in Hilton Head and I noticed a number of attendees arriving in M35s and several of the top-of-the-line sedans; MOST were BLACK!

I'm scheduled to test-drive an IP 6MT in late September. My sales guy says it will be a Demo with some miles and I'll be able to let it rip. I'll do a full review after the drive (a long one is promised) and I PROMISE I will do a BUNCH of pics!

Old 08-16-2007, 09:58 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by bostonmerlin
yea its more of a tease than anything else at this point.. tonight was my third time to see it in person.. NYIAS, Best of Boston event and now this. It's going to be a definate head turner as most of the people at the event tonight are infiniti owners (current and past).. many of which were enthusastic.. but more than a few comments were made questioning it's practicality.. mostly from wifes to their husbands!
Hahaha, and I can imagine what some of the replies were back to their wifes.

"But honey, it's got more than enough room in the back seat. Our two baby seats will fit in their no problem at all"

Old 08-16-2007, 10:35 PM
Blue Slate AT Sport at Passport infiniti in Alexandria, VA.
I killed that buffet comprised of coconot chicken nuggets, mini gourmet sandwishes, brie cheese and tons of different pastries. I sat inside the cockpit, positively a more luxurious and refined cabin, the engine/dual intake combo under the hood is most impressive, car appear significantly bigger and wider than the previous G, conclusion:a great experience!
However I will not trade my '03 for it, the more plasticky, less luxurious G35 still has my vote for being the original but kudos to Infiniti for elegantly crafting the G37, a superb effort!

Last edited by stefanzo911; 08-16-2007 at 10:40 PM.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:24 PM
The sound system in this car is amazing. When we where walking around the car. I thought we were in a recording studio this thing bumps.

Last edited by RoCkY86; 08-17-2007 at 04:55 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who will be attending the Preview launch?