370z rear sway bar on g35x

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 04:28 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
370z rear sway bar on g35x

I was only able to find one reference for this in a sway bar thread from a while back so I wanted to make this thread to record it for anyone in the future.

Post can be found here by Comatose:
https://g35driver.com/forums/6149878-post116.html

Anyway, I was able to find a set of front and rear sway bars from a 370z. I got them for just the cost of shipping, so it was a no-brainer even knowing the front would go to waste (Front sway bars are G35x specific). Next step was getting the proper bushings for the new bar. As you can see in the picture the stocker is a lot smaller so new ones would be required.

Image courtesy of Comatose

I placed an order from my local Nissan dealer for the 370z bushings. They are listed as rear stabilizer bushings, part number 54613JK01A. Out the door for two with tax ran me just under $20. They can be found cheaper online, but with shipping it came out to about the same.

Now onto the installation:

-Removing the stock one proved fairly easy. Jack the rear up, and support the car by the spring perches. This kept the suspension from hanging down in the way. Remove one tire (either side, doesn't matter which). Remove the end link bolts using a 14mm socket and wrench. Remove the bushing bracket bolts, also 14mm deep socket. Remove the bar; no easy task but it does come out with a little twisting. The tire not being in the way helps.

-Installation is more tricky. Once the factory one was out, I also disconnected the exhaust mounts (12mm deep socket) to allow more room to put the new bar in. I left the mufflers supported. It helps to have an extra pair of hands on the outside of the car to give the leverage needed to wiggle this larger bar in place. I ended up using a crow bar to pull the exhaust down a bit more to get the new bar in there. Obviously don't go crazy with prying. Make sure the ends are pointed towards the rear of the car!! Once you get it in place, put the new bushings on and bolt the brackets back up. End links next, followed by the exhaust hangers. Drop the car back on the ground and have a beer.

Impressions after install....well worth the money. Car rides like stock, if not a little better actually. Going over speed bumps doesn't seem to be as bouncy. Less body roll in general. Best measurable example that I have at my disposal is a highway loop. Pushing the car with the stocker would result in about a 40mph speed. I was able to take the same turn last night at 50mph. Not the best measure but it does illustrate the point that an increase is definitely had on the street. Overall, it's a great DD upgrade with no negative impacts.