Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

I have Working Nav Voice and BT on Alpine HU!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 12:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking I have Working Nav Voice and BT on Alpine HU on 07!

I could not stand BOSE, the money I wasted on the factory iPod integration that barely worked. I took a big step backwards on my Audio set up when I bought this car.

I had my entire system that I pulled out of my last car. The radio is an Alpine
CDA-9857, and I have the direct connect iPod cable, which is what I miss. I'm not ready to install amps and speakers, so I bought the Scosche FAI-3A OEM Interface Adapter, Scosche NDA Antenna Adapter ans Scosche NN03 Car Stereo Wiring. The search engine told me I would need it to allow me to install this aftermarket headunit into the BOSE amp.

I also bought a PESWIAKJC to keep my current steering wheel controls, this looks fun to install.

I went with the AVelectronic DVD/Nav switching unit. When I called, they had a great deal for the switching unit, a single DIN DVD player with TV tuner, rear camera. I have read about the purple wire on the Driver's kick panel for the reverse camera, and I have read about putting a switch on the Green/White VSS wire on the NAV ROM. I think the KPelectronics items may not make it to me in time, but they would have been nice to install at the same time.

The good news is, I found a way to keep NAV voice and Telephone working. Thank you Eugene for the schematics. I have to have my Alpine on AUX to use the telephone and hear the Lady talk to me.

On the Radio Connector (M39), Pins 27+ and 26- are the Telephone and Pins 32+ and 30- are the NAV Voice. Since I am already hooking my Peripheral PESWIAKJC Steering Wheel Control on that connector, it was easy. I just installed RCA's, with the + voltage being the center of the RCA.

The only problem I thought I would have was both of these are at 1 volt. Since I have an Alpine Head Unit, I installed the Alpine KCA-410C which allowed me to have AUX1 be my DVD, AUX2 be the NAV Voice and Phone. First time I hit the voice button, it WAS WAY TO LOUD, so I had to lower the gain (NO DESTINATION HAS BEEN SET!!!!!). Bluetooth works perfectly, although I'm still working out details with factory INT line.

I installed all today, and everything works. The AV electronic unit was extremely easy,very glad I went with them. I took a lot of pictures, I will post up after Zdayz at the Dragon.

Last edited by allendoc; 05-16-2007 at 12:54 AM.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:01 AM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Wow, congrats.

Lets see them pics!!

Old 05-16-2007, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by ttrank
Wow, congrats.

Lets see them pics!!
Pictures won't do this project justice. I took nice pictures of me soldering the RCA cables in, and grounding the shield wires. I have to find a way to convert my cell phone movies in 3gp format to youtube, and then everyone can see with their own eyes and ears when I make a movie. The pins listed in post one are the pins I used.

Old 05-16-2007, 08:14 PM
Sounds like you figured it out! Im just sort of lazy to rip my dash apart again. haha. But yes, using the aux for the sound is a very great idea. The only thing that you lose i guess is the automatically lowering of the current song track while the lady talks to you. Graet work. Lets see some pics and movies!

Old 05-17-2007, 02:07 AM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by allendoc
I installed all today, and everything works. The AV electronic unit was extremely easy,very glad I went with them. I took a lot of pictures, I will post up after Zdayz at the Dragon.
What's this car look like so I can try and find it at ZdayZ? I'm sure there won't be many with Alpine HUs.

Old 05-20-2007, 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by KPierson
What's this car look like so I can try and find it at ZdayZ? I'm sure there won't be many with Alpine HUs.
Kevin, man I wish I would have looked at this thread before I drove up there. I had the black 2007. I had my 7 yo daughter with me who was normally in the car playing video games. You could have looked at my OK bypass, as every time I start my car, it adds the location to my address book.

Z days was a blast, the poker run was the best. We need more Gs there next year!

Old 05-22-2007, 02:08 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
It was nice to meet you at Z Dayz, Allen. Good job on figuring out the Bluetooth integration for those that have it.

Old 05-23-2007, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by Gilley
It was nice to meet you at Z Dayz, Allen. Good job on figuring out the Bluetooth integration for those that have it.
Ditto Gilley. The Factory Nav voice is useless to me, but a personality flaw that I have, I can't have an option just not work. The Bluetooth was essential since we can not use cell phones on military bases.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by allendoc
Ditto Gilley. The Factory Nav voice is useless to me, but a personality flaw that I have, I can't have an option just not work. The Bluetooth was essential since we can not use cell phones on military bases.

i feel the same way about the feature. Did u have to splice the wires?

Old 05-23-2007, 08:27 PM
allen how about some pics!?

Old 05-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Mr_pharmD
i feel the same way about the feature. Did u have to splice the wires?
It does require splicing. On the Radio Connector (M39), Pins 27+ and 26- are the Telephone and Pins 32+ and 30- are the NAV Voice. I just installed RCA's, with the + voltage being the center of the RCA. Basically Right and Left, one channel being Nav Voice, the other Blue Tooth. (I kept the right side being BT, as I like the voice coming from the passenger side)

Without a pre-line amp, you will not hear the inputs.

Originally Posted by dukieman23
I have some right now of the install, I'll add some comments and upload. I also took pictures of the wires needed for the Peripheral PESWIAKJC Steering Wheel Control on the same connector.

Old 05-23-2007, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by dukieman23

The BOSE has 4 connectors....

This is M39, it has all the goodies on it. Steering Controls, Blue Tooth, Nav Voice, Car Speed (Not sure how we could use this), and Telephone On (that I can not figure out how to use as the INT yet)

Here are the wires for NAV voice. The shield is connected to a ground. The other two go to a RCA to get used as an AUX.

And here are the RCAs spliced in. They go to my Alpine KCA-410C that Amps up the input and sends them to my AUX 2 on my Alpine.

Haven't figured out how to change my .3gp format cell phone video to a usable format to show a movie of working, but it does.

Old 07-01-2007, 01:44 AM
Does anyone know of any single din DVD players? My current one is a little too deep.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Any idea if the same 3 wires are used on an 03 coupe?